Options

I'm playing a lot of [Don't Starve Together] we should all talk about it

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
It's a fun game about not starving in Edward Gorey's dream world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU-aq2JbLkk

webber is best

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    tell me your best starving stories.

i just started playing Wurt and the Merfolk will reign again by crikey

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I could never survive the heat of summer whilst not starving. the game is fun though and I love the aesthetics.

did they ever add the ocean dlc to the multiplayer?

my favorite character was the robit. I also enjoyed befriending the pig folks and giving them hats, then running away on the full moon

• Options
    i believe they did yes but i am not good with making of the ships

the robit just got a rework and is THE MIGHTIEST CHARACTER EVER now

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Don't Starve is delightful! It's a bit weirdly paced though, it's quite easy to reach a point of self-sufficiency and you can outrun almost any for you meet in the world, but then you have the titans that can easily crush all you hold dear in a single night.

• Options
    We killed our first Deerclops Sunday (since playing the game on release so we are VER bad) and then a Beargar showed up and we realized he wasn't going to do anything to us so we just left him alone. He snoozed amidst the pengulls

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have not played it for a few years as I got confused when I started to see ads for it on youtube last year
    I would build the ship sail around till it broke down and repeat as just visiting the islands was kind of fun

• Options
    i had a mod that was conflicting with ship placement so i could never put a boat in the water and since i barely lived till winter it didn't seem like a big deal

but now with all the difficulty adjustments they let you do i think i make explore that, the caves and maybe the moon this time!

did you know you can travel to the moon?!? it is a thing!

• Options
    i got kilt by a deerclops and two insanity critters

i chose poorly

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Stale Food Is Just As Good

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    It is! Kind of!

WX can eat stale for full marks, yes? Part of why he's the super char now?

• Options
    I have my bf's brother in law playing and he loves Wigfried but he refuses to use her songs grumble grumble

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    My wife and I played a fair amount of this a while back

I really like how Klei handled the build menu navigation using a controller, it can be a bit confusing at first but I think it lets you get a lot more efficient than other survival games that basically say stuff like here, control the mouse with a joystick

Food going bad was kinda stressful and I think may have been a reason I drifted away; are there options that make that less of a concern now?

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    My wife and I played a fair amount of this a while back

I really like how Klei handled the build menu navigation using a controller, it can be a bit confusing at first but I think it lets you get a lot more efficient than other survival games that basically say stuff like here, control the mouse with a joystick

Food going bad was kinda stressful and I think may have been a reason I drifted away; are there options that make that less of a concern now?

well some characters can eat stale food and you can build a refrigerator to make it last as well.

they've completely overhauled the build menu now and I have to say it's kind of a pain in the ass

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I have my bf's brother in law playing and he loves Wigfried but he refuses to use her songs grumble grumble

I played a lot of Don't Starve Together and always played Robot and we never got super far in the game but that phrase is carved right into my brain forever it will probably be on my tombstone.

Edit: imagine I quoted the right post about the robot instead of this useless post about a different character.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    It is! Kind of!

WX can eat stale for full marks, yes? Part of why he's the super char now?
    Maxwell was one of the popular characters because he can make incredibly good gear with nightmare fuel, and for an experience player low sanity is just an annoyance. Wanda is also good because she similarly has a good weapon and once set up properly it’s hard to hit her and her aging mechanic allows for mistakes.

But no idea where it all stands with all the recent reworks

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I found a Deerclops spawned in a field of spiders so I figured "this will be cake" and jumped in. sanity dropped mega fast, two sanity boobers spawned on me and i went down like a wobbly kitten.

ran back for the corpse run and the spiders finished him just as i got there. i managed to grab the eyeball and get it in a chest but i guess it rotted? and now i'm sad

• Options
    Also we are FINALLY exploring and using the caves! We actually have lamterns! we have yet to remember to use them and keep dying to darkness! it is a process!

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Last time I played with a party, and I went with Warly. Dude is an enormous force multiplier when you get some good farms set up. Dragon chili salad in the winter, Asparagazpacho in the summer, Glow berry mousse in the caves (or at night). And then there's the glory of Moqueca.