As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread - I'm Eighteen and I Like It

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I finished Evenicle around the beginning of the year. It's a game about a guy who wants to become a knight so he can marry his sisters.

I don't recommend playing Evenicle.

Play Snow Daze instead.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I finished Evenicle around the beginning of the year. It's a game about a guy who wants to become a knight so he can marry his sisters.

Play Snow Daze instead.

I already have and I'll say that Snow Daze at least knows what it's about and goes for it. Evenicle wants to be a sex comedy and serious (DARK) story at the same time and oh boy this does not work at all.

Stabbity StyleRoyceSraphim
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Play Snow Daze instead.

you gotta have step twins.

Stabbity Style
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I played a female Gungan jedi in the Star Wars TTRPG for a while. That was a /ton/ of fun. I had to practice my gungan talk. A lot of lulz were had.

I assert that the gungans were an interesting race with interesting world design who were dragged down by the one character the entire Galaxy and fandom hated at 1 point or another

RoyceSraphim on
    Pixelated PixieBetsuniJazzKoopahTroopahKalnaurFencingsaxZonugal
    The Gungans are fine, it's the writer(s) making the village idiot be the representative of their entire race that's a problem

destroyah87KarozPolaritieshoeboxjeddyBetsuniRoyceSraphimSpoitJazzKoopahTroopahCommander ZoomFencingsaxIanatorZonugalBahamutZERO
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Darth jar jar got off so Scott free. He got rid of his uppity apprentice sidious and never even got outed for his role in everything.

For real I would love a new pod racing game instead of the remastered original. I loved playing that game. Also there's a town named Sapulpa near me and I always read it as sebulba in my head.

tsmvengyrahkeesh2000Fencingsax
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    And beat Cult of the Lamb! Thanks again to @Shade for the gift!

Overall I felt it had a really good balance and could get as difficult and overwhelming as you allowed it. I did beat the final boss on my first try just cause I had a nice combo (Hammer which is kinda the worst weapon but if you use it right gives the most damage + invincibility shield so I could just get in some heavy bashes to my heart's content) and there were a couple gates like needing 20 followers to unlock the final gate that felt a bit tedious but I didn't max out the cult way ahead of beating the bosses like other reviews had said.

I will mention that I always had a weird low frame rate when I was in the tech tree that never went away, and it's like a bog standard menu with images and minor graphics so that was always weird.

Overall great game, excellent artstyle, really recommend for any wanting light cultish actions--and by light I mean you can sacrifice your followers in all sorts of horrendous ways--or marry them!

BetsuniRoyceSraphimJazzIoloSteel AngelKalnaurIanator
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Everyone here should get a Steam Deck, it's an amazing way to poop and play.

camo_sig2.png
    KarozMalakaiuswunderbarDrovekBetsuniRoyceSraphimDoctorArchJazzKoopahTroopahIolorahkeesh2000
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Guess who has two thumbs and forgot to pause humble choice last month!

... it's me. I guess you'll have to take my word on the thumb situation.

Anyway, if anyone wants one of these remaining six five four three send me a PM.

08q0zu72gbi7.jpg

Aistan on
    BetsuniJazzIoloKarozjclastCalescentübergeekFencingsaxThawmusIanatorTalus9952an_alt
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I gave up on Red Dead 2, does that count?

I was so annoyed at how long it was I looked up a guide and was discovered that I was a few missions from the end.

Then I saw there were two epilogue chapters after.

So I made my peace with the game and uninstalled it. I might finish it later, but I’m finished with it for now.

My brother got to the epilogue and didn't know Red Dead 2 was a prequel and since it's about a new character and you basically start over he quit. Clearly a poor design.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I still need to go back and finish Cult of the Lamb (shocker) but I vaguely recall being near the end. Does it employ any of that New Game+ stuff or have an infinite timeline for how many days you get to finish?

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Geth roll 1d40

Target locked.

Yousa tinking yousa ganna get gifted?

1d40 25 [1d40=25]

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Stabbity StyleRoyceSraphimSpoitJazzdestroyah87DrovekKoopahTroopahPolaritieMalakaiusCommander ZoomBetsuniPoketpixieIanatorThe Zombie Penguinan_alt
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Who else counted the posts on the first page to make sure they were safe?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    MNC DoverBetsuniFencingsax
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

I was so annoyed at how long it was I looked up a guide and was discovered that I was a few missions from the end.

So I made my peace with the game and uninstalled it. I might finish it later, but I’m finished with it for now.

My brother got to the epilogue and didn't know Red Dead 2 was a prequel and since it's about a new character and you basically start over he quit. Clearly a poor design.

It probably should have been titled Red Dead Redemption Zero.

Que sera, sera

KalnaurBetsuni
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Haven't had anything to say much lately. Been playing Monster Hunter World on pc again, slowly. back up to the same part of the game's story as when I quit playing it on ps4.

I am getting the urge to start a new Hollow Knight playthrough because that game is perfection.

And I've got Forspoken sitting in my library to try out.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    KalnaurBetsuniPoketpixieFrem
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular

Maybe he realized he's becoming predictable and it's for second page this time?

BetsuniFencingsax
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Darth jar jar got off so Scott free. He got rid of his uppity apprentice sidious and never even got outed for his role in everything.

Jar Jar clearly was never intended to be a Sith (or if he was the idea was abandoned) but if you watch Phantom Menace with that in mind he’s pretty sus.

1. Has the apparent ability to get people to go along with whatever he wants by just waving his hands around.
    2. Has incredible agility and jumping ability never really seen from other gungans (granted we don’t really see many other gungans except in that one battle)
    3. Directly responsible for making sure Obi Wan and Qui Gon meet Anakin, Anakin meets Amidala (he even says something about her being cute), etc.
    4. Becomes a senator against all odds by becoming friends with Amidala. Proposes the whole taking over of the republic/emergency powers thing.

I mean if you were going to write a secret sith apprentice pretending to be an idiot to draw attention away from themselves, they would pretty much be Jar Jar.

Jealous Deva on
    RoyceSraphimBetsuniDrovekemnmnme
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    This is all pretty jarring.

steam_sig.png
    RoyceSraphimBetsuniThawmusKoopahTroopahZonugal
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    This is all pretty jar jarring.

DrovektsmvengyMNC DoverKalnaurJazzRoyceSraphimBetsuniKarozFencingsaxMcMoogleThawmusIanatorFreman_altZonugalAntoshka
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Maybe he realized he's becoming predictable and it's for second page this time?

MacaulayCulkin.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Uhm...
    hfk1qaspcegx.png

Meesa thankful to @MNC Dover for FFIV!

This is totally a "game for Deck" and I'll love to play it after I'm done with Persona.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    MNC DoverKalnaurJazzRoyceSraphimBetsunidestroyah87KarozPoketpixieFencingsaxDaringDirkIanatorTimFijian_alt
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    And beat Cult of the Lamb! Thanks again to Shade for the gift!

Overall I felt it had a really good balance and could get as difficult and overwhelming as you allowed it. I did beat the final boss on my first try just cause I had a nice combo (Hammer which is kinda the worst weapon but if you use it right gives the most damage + invincibility shield so I could just get in some heavy bashes to my heart's content) and there were a couple gates like needing 20 followers to unlock the final gate that felt a bit tedious but I didn't max out the cult way ahead of beating the bosses like other reviews had said.

I will mention that I always had a weird low frame rate when I was in the tech tree that never went away, and it's like a bog standard menu with images and minor graphics so that was always weird.

Overall great game, excellent artstyle, really recommend for any wanting light cultish actions--and by light I mean you can sacrifice your followers in all sorts of horrendous ways--or marry them!

I binged the game hard when I got it shortly after release but then hit a bit of a wall when I needed the 20 followers. A lot of my cult members were so old at that point where I could recruit 1 or 2 new ones but would then have 1 die so I made no progress unless I got lucky and found that extra follower. I've elected to wait until the free content updates before getting back to it.

Jazz wrote: »

It probably should have been titled Red Dead Redemption Zero.

I can both understand these sentiments but don't quite agree with them. I enjoyed the characters and needed closure after the way that the pre-epilogue stuff unfolded. I do think some of the early bits of the epilogue dragged on a bit but did start to really enjoy it when some of the old gang members return, share what they've been up to while trying to start a new life, and then have to figure out how to build a farm when their only real skills are murder related. It really does depend on how much you liked the main characters though and if you enjoyed the slice of life bits with them at camp. But I do think it had to be attached to the end of RDR2 and involve gameplay to provide some catharsis because those final segments with the gang were rough and went places.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Que sera, sera

Ironic, he could save others from being gifted, but but himself

steam_sig.png
    Betsuni
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Jar Jar clearly was never intended to be a Sith (or if he was the idea was abandoned) but if you watch Phantom Menace with that in mind he’s pretty sus.

1. Has the apparent ability to get people to go along with whatever he wants by just waving his hands around.
    2. Has incredible agility and jumping ability never really seen from other gungans (granted we don’t really see many other gungans except in that one battle)
    3. Directly responsible for making sure Obi Wan and Qui Gon meet Anakin, Anakin meets Amidala (he even says something about her being cute), etc.
    4. Becomes a senator against all odds by becoming friends with Amidala. Proposes the whole taking over of the republic/emergency powers thing.

I mean if you were going to write a secret sith apprentice pretending to be an idiot to draw attention away from themselves, they would pretty much be Jar Jar.

We all know the true Sith were R2-D2 and C-3P0 as his Apprentice!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I finished Portal. Again.

rahkeesh2000CorriganXBetsuniJazzThawmusMNC DoverIanatorRoyceSraphimCommander ZoomKarozDrovekemnmnmeKoopahTroopahSteel Angelan_alt
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    New thread? But we were finally free!

I finished signalis recently and the more I sit with it the more I think it’s like a top 5 horror game (generic term I don’t have a ranking system).

There is no freedom, only gifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA
    (yaaaaaaay)

wVEsyIc.png
    RoyceSraphimCommander ZoomKaroz
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I found out that the Sega Genesis Collection on Steam has an ancient, pretty much 100% unpreventable bug where the games display as a black screen while playing in fullscreen on Linux. Normally who cares (because Linux is for sweaty nerds), but I'm running Mint on my ancient Thinkpad X220 for a laff and thought it might be nice to play a game while I was in bed feeling ill last night. I could just download a traditional Genesis emulator and the game I wanted to play, or play it via an emulator on my Vita or something, but then I wouldn't have the gamesave I have on my desktop, and would have to start the game all over.

I know that this is a first world problem, but damn it, it's my first world problem and it makes me sad.

MNC DoverRoyceSraphim
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

This was a triumph!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    cj iwakurarahkeesh2000Commander ZoomFencingsaxemnmnmeKoopahTroopahJazzElvenshaeakjak
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

This was a triumph!

I'm making a note now, great success!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    KarozFencingsaxBetsuniKoopahTroopahJazzMNC Doveran_altElvenshae
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Everyone here should get a Steam Deck, it's an amazing way to poop and play.

I thought this said "pop and play" which is also true, because I basically don't game on anything else but my deck or my phone these days.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    KarozBetsuniJazzMNC Dover
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I can't believe the crap that has to be hacked to get rid of the "What's New" section of the library.

Used to be custom skins with some code, but that's broke and now it's in a file that that if don't edit it just right, Steam "updates" and replaces.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/10r4ksg/whats_new_is_back_after_recent_update_despite/
    Open the file steamui\css\chunk~547eb3232.css on your favorite text editor

Control+F the first occurrence of libraryhome_UpdatesContainer_17uEB, place your cursor after the { and press "Insert" so your typing overwrites what's in there (we want to keep the file size the same as before)

Type in display: none !important; and then press space until you reach the }. It should look like this.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    HiT BiT
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I don't even worry about counting the posts on Steam thread any more

*insert if he dies he dies gif here*

steam_sig.png
    KalnaurJazzSpoitPoketpixie
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thanks @Aistan / Lavender Gooms for Doom Eternal! <3<3<3
    There will be rip.
    And tear.
    And maybe some cupcakes for dessert.

Pixelated PixieBetsuniEd GrubermanRoyceSraphimwunderbarKoopahTroopahKalnaurIanatorJazzMNC DoverKarozThawmusPoketpixieFlorinan_altElvenshae
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, there's me. Long day at work yesterday, hadn't checked the forums. Woke up this morning, got a cup of coffee, sat down at the computer hoping to read some neato posts in the Steam thread.

Literally me for a few minutes this morning before I figured it all out.

1cqkrumhkukt.gif

N E WAY...new thread, huzzah!

KoopahTroopahIanatorJazzMNC DoverbloodatonementEvmaAlsarKarozBetsuniFencingsaxan_alt
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I played a female Gungan jedi in the Star Wars TTRPG for a while. That was a /ton/ of fun. I had to practice my gungan talk. A lot of lulz were had.

I assert that the gungans were an interesting race with interesting world design who were dragged down by the one character the entire Galaxy and fandom hated at 1 point or another

Gungans have the best aesthetics in the entire trilogy and I will not be taking arguments to the contrary at this time.

Otoh Gunga looks *fantastic*.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    RoyceSraphim
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Galactic battlegrounds with them is fun, if a bit.....shallow

Zonugal
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Took a detour from playing CONTROL to check out TUNIC and boy has a game seemingly loved by critics and consumers left me cold. The obtuseness in this game is off the charts and not at all what I recall from playing A LINK TO THE PAST in the 8th grade. That game was difficult because your small brain couldn't suss out some of the out of the box thinking required - this one is difficult because it is obscuring data seemingly by design. So far, nothing I've figured out past the first bell, which felt genuinely rewarding, feels satisfying as I'm not trying to pixel peep my way through a solution.

That frustrating part is I know WHAT I'm meant to do (the manual mechanic is kind of cool in that, I presume, it gives you the direction/solution you need at the current moment of your playthrough) just that there isn't an obvious way to do it. Shame.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Gungans have the best aesthetics in the entire trilogy and I will not be taking arguments to the contrary at this time.

Otoh Gunga looks *fantastic*.

So what I'm reading is that you're big into gungan style.

steam_sig.png
    PoketpixieRoyceSraphimJazzCommander ZoomBetsuniKoopahTroopahan_altElvenshaeThawmusakjakZonugal
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Took a detour from playing CONTROL to check out TUNIC and boy has a game seemingly loved by critics and consumers left me cold. The obtuseness in this game is off the charts and not at all what I recall from playing A LINK TO THE PAST in the 8th grade. That game was difficult because your small brain couldn't suss out some of the out of the box thinking required - this one is difficult because it is obscuring data seemingly by design. So far, nothing I've figured out past the first bell, which felt genuinely rewarding, feels satisfying as I'm not trying to pixel peep my way through a solution.

That frustrating part is I know WHAT I'm meant to do (the manual mechanic is kind of cool in that, I presume, it gives you the direction/solution you need at the current moment of your playthrough) just that there isn't an obvious way to do it. Shame.

I'm in love with it so far but when you're stuck, it sucks. I too have wandered around for hours because I forgot how to reach a dungeon or missed something in the manual.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
This discussion has been closed.