Options

Cyberpunk 2077 | Huge 2.0 Patch is out, DLC is out

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Plus the wardrobe basically means you can wear the few items that provide stat buffs while maintaining your killer aesthetic for free

The one thing that bothers me is that cyberware doesn’t alter your appearance much, if at all. Getting chromed out should chrome you out! Whereas using it less should keep you looking like how you started out

But I guess given how the game seems to expect you to upgrade that stuff as it’s your primary defensive stat, it wouldn’t be much of a choice. Still, some visuals of what upgrades you’ve chosen is always cool and appreciated

I dislike the change for basically this reason. I wanna wear my stats, I want that traditional RPG experience in that regard. I wanna mix and match found/acquired loot until I have the optimal buiId, even if they dont match (especially if they dont match, because i think its hilarious). If you're gonna take it from clothing and accessories and give it to cyberware but not change the way that cyberware looks on your character or change it so cyberware can be looted in "the field" then many things are being lost there. You don't loot cyberware, you just buy it from merchants and they all have the same stuff. What you've done is you've basically eliminated an entire aspect of the loot system and transferred the stats it was imbued with to something else entirely thats part of an entirely different, less exciting mechanic. Besides, why even have a transmog system if the clothing is largely meaningless stats wise anyway?

Edit: you're taking what used to be an exciting experience, finding some rare loot on a tough enemy or in a weird/cool area in order to boost your stats and change your appearance at the same time, and are reducing it to a boring merchant exchange only.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/2509/patch-2-01-coming-soon
    Hey, chooms! We want to give you a heads-up that Patch 2.01 will be coming soon.

Here's a list of most important fixes and improvements that will be included there:

The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
    V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
    Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
    Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
    Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
    Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
    Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
    Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.

Remember that these are just the highlights, so stay tuned for more details!
    Hah! :lol:

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    What causes reboot optics to spread?

the legendary version of it.
    if the infected person dies, it spreads.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Some missions have
    Plus the wardrobe basically means you can wear the few items that provide stat buffs while maintaining your killer aesthetic for free

The one thing that bothers me is that cyberware doesn’t alter your appearance much, if at all. Getting chromed out should chrome you out! Whereas using it less should keep you looking like how you started out

But I guess given how the game seems to expect you to upgrade that stuff as it’s your primary defensive stat, it wouldn’t be much of a choice. Still, some visuals of what upgrades you’ve chosen is always cool and appreciated

I dislike the change for basically this reason. I wanna wear my stats, I want that traditional RPG experience in that regard. I wanna mix and match found/acquired loot until I have the optimal buiId, even if they dont match (especially if they dont match, because i think its hilarious). If you're gonna take it from clothing and accessories and give it to cyberware but not change the way that cyberware looks on your character or change it so cyberware can be looted in "the field" then many things are being lost there. You don't loot cyberware, you just buy it from merchants and they all have the same stuff. What you've done is you've basically eliminated an entire aspect of the loot system and transferred the stats it was imbued with to something else entirely thats part of an entirely different, less exciting mechanic. Besides, why even have a transmog system if the clothing is largely meaningless stats wise anyway?

Edit: you're taking what used to be an exciting experience, finding some rare loot on a tough enemy or in a weird/cool area in order to boost your stats and change your appearance at the same time, and are reducing it to a boring merchant exchange only.

Conversely, it was extremely dumb that a pair of shorts of "higher rarity" could provide better armor than metal-plated military armor of a lower rank. Being able to pick helpful attire and completely overlay it with what looks good should be the standard for basically every RPG ever. The look is part of the deal and nobody should be stuck having to look like an overdressed idiot in mega-armor instead of being able to wear something with a fun look instead. I am more interested in finding clothes now because I can focus on how anything I pick up actually looks instead of it being driven entirely by a stat that makes no sense.

And as a setting, what you see is often not what you get when it comes to cyberware. Yeah, you've got the very rare Adam Smasher but unless somebody likes showing of grotesque amounts of cyberware, somebody could be totally kitted out and be largely indistinguishable from a near-totally-organic person next to them. Yeah, I wish my chrome could be chosen to be more apparent, but I'm far happier to not be stuck looking like a paramilitary cosplayer just because it gives me some stat advantages. I can look like some Nomad punk in the big city trying to live it up and not have to worry about how stupid my combo of armored vest, midriff tanktop, military helmet, pink shorts, and dress shoes look.

It also means that people who don't go the cyberware route might have to deal with actual downsides like not having as much protection in trade for having killer hacks instead of being able to wear a sweater that has ten times the armor value of actual armored skin. Not to mention it saves me absolutely fuckloads of time not sorting through fucking clothes to find the best stats. I can throw them all in my stash, then go back later and spend a few minutes making outfits. The actual choices I've made for my character design have much more impact than random crap I find out in a locker.

I don't feel like clothes as the primary protection element made the slightest sense in a game where people can be three-quarters metal.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    What causes reboot optics to spread?

the legendary version of it.
    if the infected person dies, it spreads.

No? Maybe the iconic version but the legendary version requires the target to die by headshot. So sonic shock should not trigger it

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm about 12 hours in so far and still haven't started Dex's first mission... I just... get stuck in this loop of dealing with Regina's gigs, random NCPD popup missions, psycho catching, random gangers, and looking at the talent trees, implants, and upgrades. Stuck between wanting to do netrunning, monowire, smart guns, tech weapons, blades, and throwing knives.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I'm about 12 hours in so far and still haven't started Dex's first mission... I just... get stuck in this loop of dealing with Regina's gigs, random NCPD popup missions, psycho catching, random gangers, and looking at the talent trees, implants, and upgrades. Stuck between wanting to do netrunning, monowire, smart guns, tech weapons, blades, and throwing knives.

25 hours and 17 levels in with my current character and I finally did The Heist last night.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

You can totally loot cyberware now, usually from chests but sometimes from enemies. I've found several things just out in the world and installed them later

I still think the change is to give each piece of cyberware a unique visual signifier, even if it's a small one, rather than make clothes give you defensive stats, because holy dang the previous system was such a pain in the ass to manage if you wanted to not look like a total clown and have decent stats, particularly prior to the wardrobe change. Plus it hardly made sense anyway, considering that an epic shirt would give you more armor than your actual metal skin

That's the danger of making your video game an urban setting where people wear clothes rather than armor, I guess! Gotta work around it, and I definitely prefer this to the past system

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ?

^ Pic spoilered for bigness

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Jean-LucJean-Luc Registered User regular
    Time for reflection.
    wl5xmij4exok.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    r8n8rep3utno.jpg

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Another day, another client.
    2ze84yhbgocu.png

Sneaks on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Oh lmao they changed the text photo you get of Randy after completing River's quests. It looks more natural now and less "shitty photoshop".
    9bx9974kgfnq.png

As a reminder this was the original
    lxt8podoivpe.png

• Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    The original reminds me of starfield for some reason.. Or possibly a gmod arrangement

As for clothes, I'm less bothered by lack of armor bonus as I am th other bonuses being rare. Even disco elysium had them! And new Vegas. But I get that it's very gamey to change your clothes between checks and not for everyone

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh lmao they changed the text photo you get of Randy after completing River's quests. It looks more natural now and less "shitty photoshop".
    9bx9974kgfnq.png

As a reminder this was the original
    lxt8podoivpe.png

Holy shit that’s fantastic

Looks like a still from a Yakuza side quest

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    This Sasquatch fight on VH is probably one of the worst boss encounters I've ever had. You move insanely slow (I don't remember moving this slow), hacks fail to keep her CC'd for any amount of time and her ground pound will ALWAYS knock you over (and put you in a bullshit recovery).

. . .this of course assumes your game doesn't glitch out and have the boss running all over the place outside of combat making a stealth takedown impossible. Just really bad and honestly has killed my interest in continuing.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Goldswag is now possible

tt9g8wgj3mqb.png

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    ED! wrote: »
    This Sasquatch fight on VH is probably one of the worst boss encounters I've ever had. You move insanely slow (I don't remember moving this slow), hacks fail to keep her CC'd for any amount of time and her ground pound will ALWAYS knock you over (and put you in a bullshit recovery).

. . .this of course assumes your game doesn't glitch out and have the boss running all over the place outside of combat making a stealth takedown impossible. Just really bad and honestly has killed my interest in continuing.

Jump to avoid ground pound, steal her hammer and beat the shit out of her with it, specifically by stealthing up and hitting the purple glowy bit on her back until it pops (one charged hit to initiate will do it) and breaking her cyberware.

Ezpz

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Ever since I moved to tier 4 Synapse Burnout, I suspect there's something wild going on with the way the damage bonus for spent RAM is being applied because I'm popping heads for 20-30k damage a shot with it.

I've also, honestly, stopped trying to be creative about how I queue up my hacks because the RAM costs don't really support that theoretical gameplay style well I feel like, I just use Biomonitor to keep my health up during Overclock and burn every enemy in the room that way with Sonic Shock into a Combat quickhack.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

I felt the walk speed was slower than usual, and I noticed that some of the skill upgrades relate to increased movement speed so that may be why.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Ever since I moved to tier 4 Synapse Burnout, I suspect there's something wild going on with the way the damage bonus for spent RAM is being applied because I'm popping heads for 20-30k damage a shot with it.

I've also, honestly, stopped trying to be creative about how I queue up my hacks because the RAM costs don't really support that theoretical gameplay style well I feel like, I just use Biomonitor to keep my health up during Overclock and burn every enemy in the room that way with Sonic Shock into a Combat quickhack.

May be an extra zero there?

Because at 0 RAM (no DLC though) with the tetra tier 5 deck, overloaded, with a setup covert hack and a following non-combat hack I do the proper amount of damage which is about 2400 to 2800

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i just finished the 'politician puppets' quest, and I was intrigued at the seemingly cliffhanger of an ending to that questline but looking online apparently there's no follow-up?
    it seems like there's a rogue AI out there, but the quest just kind of ended with it still out there. I thought maybe it was because of my quest choice of going with Elizabeth's advice, but I looked online and apparently its a similar ending either way? there's apparently a related side quest with a street prophet, but when I went there he was sleeping and I couldnt get any quest from him even by waiting around a day or two

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    i just finished the 'politician puppets' quest, and I was intrigued at the seemingly cliffhanger of an ending to that questline but looking online apparently there's no follow-up?
    it seems like there's a rogue AI out there, but the quest just kind of ended with it still out there. I thought maybe it was because of my quest choice of going with Elizabeth's advice, but I looked online and apparently its a similar ending either way? there's apparently a related side quest with a street prophet, but when I went there he was sleeping and I couldnt get any quest from him even by waiting around a day or two
    There's a very strong undercurrent running through the game of at least one rogue AI manipulating politics at a very high level, but you only ever touch the iceberg in this game.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Jump to avoid ground pound, steal her hammer and beat the shit out of her with it, specifically by stealthing up and hitting the purple glowy bit on her back until it pops (one charged hit to initiate will do it) and breaking her cyberware.

Ezpz

Yeah, after she killed me a couple times, I noticed she has to go retrieve her hammer. If you pick up the hammer before the fight, this takes a huge and powerful piece of her kit away. And without breaking the glowy bit on her back, she can regenerate health almost faster than you deal damage so you HAVE to knock that thing out.

She still has an absolutely absurd amount of HP, though. I could dump an entire LMG mag into her with dozens of crit headshots and it wouldn't do more than 15% damage or something. Ended up mostly just sprinting from one end of the room to the other and shooting her as she approached, then repeating.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Maddoc wrote: »

I've also, honestly, stopped trying to be creative about how I queue up my hacks because the RAM costs don't really support that theoretical gameplay style well I feel like, I just use Biomonitor to keep my health during Overclock and burn every enemy in the room that way with Sonic Shock into a Combat quickhack.

May be an extra zero there?

Because at 0 RAM (no DLC though) with the tetra tier 5 deck, overloaded, with a setup covert hack and a following non-combat hack I do the proper amount of damage which is about 2400 to 2800

In that case it might be the new DLC cyberware, Cybersomatic Optimizer, causing the weird huge numbers

z88w1mipnzy9.jpg

Though, I only get those huge numbers with Synapse Burnout

Maddoc on
  • Options

Ezpz

Yeah, after she killed me a couple times, I noticed she has to go retrieve her hammer. If you pick up the hammer before the fight, this takes a huge and powerful piece of her kit away. And without breaking the glowy bit on her back, she can regenerate health almost faster than you deal damage so you HAVE to knock that thing out.

She still has an absolutely absurd amount of HP, though. I could dump an entire LMG mag into her with dozens of crit headshots and it wouldn't do more than 15% damage or something. Ended up mostly just sprinting from one end of the room to the other and shooting her as she approached, then repeating.

I'm just gonna say

On VH, she ain't got shit on Oda.

That took me an absurd amount of tries.

• Options
    Well that would probably explain it. Depending on your crit modifier. Though it does seem like the crit modifier is messed up for hacks at the least.

Buuuut…. Synapse burnout definitely has the highest potential dmg of any hack. By like… a lot.

Shock does 270 dmg at tier 5 and gets 10% per cyberware malfunction. So with 7 stacks of cwm(8 is technically possible but ends the condition) you do 276 x (1.35 ) [7stacks of cwm] x (1.7) [shocks bonus for 7 stacks] = 633 dmg x 1.6 (target effected by non-combat cyberware skill) = 1013.

And most of the time 7 stacks of cyberware malfunction is like… just not reasonable for a single static shock. 3 cwm is 660 dmg

Synapse burnout does 176 x 4 (missing 30 ram*) x 2 (overloaded) x 1.6 (skill where they’re effected by a non-combat hack) = 2252 dmg.

*this calculates when the skill lands not when you execute it so it’s always quite high even if not quite +300%. Cap is 5x but you need 40 ram for that.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I mean, yeah, Synapse Burnout does a lot of damage

But I'm literally doing Thirty Thousand Damage

While like, Short Circuit does like 600

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Hmmm. Does it crit that high when overloaded?

It’s possible the “x2” when overloaded buff is multiplying all aspects by 2, including the crit multiplier and maybe crit multiplier bonuses.

Edit: if your crit multiplier was base +100% and this was stored as “2” and you had a crit damage bonus of 25% and each of these was multiplied by 2 then you would have 2 x 2 x 1.25 x 2 = 10

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I'll grab some screencaps when I get home, but without Overclock I still routinely get around 20k

• Options

Ezpz

Her ground-pound is actually an AOE that goes off around her so being in the air still triggers the knockdown. And even if you see it coming, because you move so slow and have little in the way of movement options unless your specced for it, I doubt you can reliably get away from it.

. . .on any other difficulty this would be fine because you could just slog through the lack of polish; on VH it's still an obnoxious encounter but made even more so by the bugs (glitchy pathing boss, takedown prompts that don't appear, etc.) or design decisions (blanket increase in RAM cost of hacks fucking sucks).

• Options
    I had mobility enhancement, Sandevistan, time slow on dodge, and time slow on pulling my pistol and Sasquatch still moved too fast for me to avoid taking damage. And I was kitted out for gun combat and took away her hammer and it was still a tedious slog of a fight. Fortunately I could avoid the damage at least enough that my med recharge could keep up.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2023
    I was able to start the fight of stealing her hammer, and then if you can sneak to her back, you can do a special animation where you just rip off her pack.

I then just whittled her down while jump-dashing far away as she got close.

In other weirdness, I was playing the game on Very Hard, and there is one scene where you are escaping and get into a car as a passenger. As the car pulls away enemy cars roll up and shoot at you.

The issue was on Very Hard, they would half kill me before I could even start shooting during the in-game animation played.

It seemed impossible to pass this, I had to pop down the difficulty for this bit.

I would just die in a few seconds each time.

Dixon on
  • Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Ezpz

Her ground-pound is actually an AOE that goes off around her so being in the air still triggers the knockdown. And even if you see it coming, because you move so slow and have little in the way of movement options unless your specced for it, I doubt you can reliably get away from it.

. . .on any other difficulty this would be fine because you could just slog through the lack of polish; on VH it's still an obnoxious encounter but made even more so by the bugs (glitchy pathing boss, takedown prompts that don't appear, etc.) or design decisions (blanket increase in RAM cost of hacks fucking sucks).

Maybe its because I have double jump but yeah I never got hit by her ground pound ever

• Options
    Haha, okay, so I line up a shot on a guy while using the Tech Revolver and I just recently got the Bolt ability. I'm also using a pair of eyes that highlight enemies through cover while aiming.

Charge up, let the shot rip. Bolt goes through the concrete block in front of the car, through the car in front of the guy, through the head of the guy, through the storage building behind him, and blows up the big gas tank behind the building.

Yeah, pretty happy with that shot.

• Options
    So here's me rolling up on a dude, no Overclock, just Sonic Shock into Synapse Burnout
    l0xfxb3ec5fv.jpg

• Options

Ezpz

Maybe its because I have double jump but yeah I never got hit by her ground pound ever

I have the double jump; I am for sure in the air when she ground pounds and it registers a knockdown. It's just a bad encounter that probably wouldn't be so if they didn't blanket apply the difficulty scaling (which already is just a lazy damage/resistance modifier) to all encounters and instead manually tuned these to make sure gameplay was as expected.

Perfect example, car chase sequence after - by the time the game gives you control of your character, you're dead because of course no one tested this encounter to make sure it works for all difficulties.

. . .just silly stuff that you figure a 2.0 release would have been on top of.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I just kept doing cyberware malfunction and reboot optics on her and ran around pillars while reloading my shotgun. Took a minute but got her down. It's really annoying that quickhacks don't really do shit damage against bosses so you basically have to resort to unbuffed guns to beat them. But magic being shit vs bosses has been the case in video games for the longest time.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I just kept doing cyberware malfunction and reboot optics on her and ran around pillars while reloading my shotgun. Took a minute but got her down. It's really annoying that quickhacks don't really do shit damage against bosses so you basically have to resort to unbuffed guns to beat them. But magic being shit vs bosses has been the case in video games for the longest time.

Have you heard of the glory of monwires?

Monowires "require" only two perks in the intelligence tree.
    Are longer range than any other melee weapon.

This means that you can hit a target with cripple movement and, if they're ranged, weapon malfunction, any wail on them forever. Does this take a while? Well not that bad because if you are stacking them debuffs on them you will hit finisher at about 50% HP and then you can just melee finish them until they die

wbBv3fj.png