Options

🖥️🎮 - Dungeons 4, Cuisineer, Polylithic & Don't Die in the West out today!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    1xhAIh7.png
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/health/thomas-tank-engine-paw-patrol-fascist-cartoon-strauss/index.html

Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol

We'll be there on the double

Whenever there's a problem

'Round Adventure Bay

Ryder and his team of pups

Will come and save the day

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Glazius wrote: »
    It's good to see Fights in Tight Spaces getting some more love from the devs. The tactical movement made a really nice other thing to care about with your draw, and of course the style is impetuous.

I imagine it's defenses are also impregnable?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    What the fuck?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure children are just drawn to trains

Because trains are good

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What the fuck?

welcome to the new paw patrol thread you pinko scum

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    I think the extent to which Thomas the Tank Engine gets criticized for being an anti-labor/pro-capitalism show is overblown, but I do find it very funny that SKFM, an extremely-pro-capitalism D&D poster who got banned and then made multiple alts to concern troll about Bernie Sanders, unironically loved watching it as an adult.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Because trains are good

All I want is a great train set computer simulation. No game, no simulation of how real trains are conducted, not that one that looks like wooden toys. Just a big workspace, tons of tools to build with, and the ability to play with them afterward. I've always wanted to have a fun train set but I just don't have the real estate for it.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4zJw5J6O-s
    Torn Away is an interactive story with a unique blend of adventure games, side-scrollers, and cinematic first-person levels. Experience the tragedy of World War II through the eyes of a child and survive without losing your humanity.
    20230929 Torn Away (Narration Adventure Casual Story Rich War)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNzcYi1IK0
    Definitely Not Fried Chicken is a business management sim with a Twist! Grow your drugs trade through legitimate fronts by managing both sides of the business. Acquire new "businesses", meet new clientele, Develop more potent narcotics, make lots of money and leave a city in ruin!
    20230929 Definitely Not Fried Chicken (Management Simulation Crime Sandbox 3D )

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Glazius wrote: »
    It's good to see Fights in Tight Spaces getting some more love from the devs. The tactical movement made a really nice other thing to care about with your draw, and of course the style is impetuous.

I imagine it's defenses are also impregnable?

If it's tough, I'll... well, I'll eat shit and come back better-prepared next run, actually.

(yes, it's a reference)

But yeah, getting ring-outs and making enemies hit each other makes you feel real cool, and every fight you win has an option to see it played full speed at the end.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Because trains are good

All I want is a great train set computer simulation. No game, no simulation of how real trains are conducted, not that one that looks like wooden toys. Just a big workspace, tons of tools to build with, and the ability to play with them afterward. I've always wanted to have a fun train set but I just don't have the real estate for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbNmglvYlAQ
    Blocks Tracks Trains is a relaxing sandbox train set diorama. Build a voxel world, create voxel buildings, set up your track network, and watch your trains go. Update 1.7 adds more improvements and upgrades to the game available now on PC.

this is voxel based, and apaprently a pretty small production, so I'm not sure it will have all the train set stuff you're looking for

Brolo on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I've always heard the oh paw patrol is actually fascist if you look at it, but my kids never really watched it other than the odd episode or two and it looked like every other pre-school show about a team that helps people that i've ever seen?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    I've always heard the oh paw patrol is actually fascist if you look at it, but my kids never really watched it other than the odd episode or two and it looked like every other pre-school show about a team that helps people that i've ever seen?

it's largely overblown

the paw patrol is technically a private organization of police/construction/search and rescue contractors that partner with municipal and state-level governments, but are granted paramilitary powers to seize, detain and interrogate citizens with essentially no oversight or limits to their power

but they're also adorable pups

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What the fuck?

welcome to the new paw patrol thread you pinko scum

As much as they tried to do Barbenheimer, sorry. I'm team Saw X firmly

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

Yeah I don’t really see the fascism in it. On the surface the biggest problem is the improbability that an entire town’s funding is going to 6 dogs to be their entire police force/fire department/emt team/road construction crew/whatever zuma does. Like, there is no law enforcement presence beyond Chase. Nobody else puts out a fire OR helps set a broken bone except Marshall.

But that all fades away when you realize that the entire world is probably a coma-induced dream for Ryder (the human boy). He probably lived in a home where he was never allowed to have dogs so now in his dream world he’s the dog-equipped savior. His parents are never shown or mentioned, but the conflict between Mayor Goodway and Mayor Humdinger is likely a manifestation of competing attitudes between kindly and gruff members of the hospital staff, respectively.

So he’s just dreaming his best life while his body and brain recover from the physical trauma he suffered, and he waits for a sign of affection from his missing parents.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

Because trains are good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbNmglvYlAQ
    Blocks Tracks Trains is a relaxing sandbox train set diorama. Build a voxel world, create voxel buildings, set up your track network, and watch your trains go. Update 1.7 adds more improvements and upgrades to the game available now on PC.

this is voxel based, and apaprently a pretty small production, so I'm not sure it will have all the train set stuff you're looking for

That looks perfect! Thanks for the heads-up.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I just sort of assumed "Definitely Not Fried Chicken" was gonna be another one of those weirdly prevalent cannibalism games

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    we don't go for paw patrol because it's copaganda

i refuse to know more about the show than that

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    I just sort of assumed "Definitely Not Fried Chicken" was gonna be another one of those weirdly prevalent cannibalism games

wow are we seriously shaming cannibalism in this thread now

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I assumed they figured Los Pollos Hermanos would get them sued.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    we don't go for paw patrol because it's copaganda

i refuse to know more about the show than that

Yeah I think there's some value in noting that there are different types of copaganda out there and specifically that copaganda for children is different than it is for adults.

We're all well used to the form where a cop needs to break some rules in order to solve the case, the Dirty Harry style stuff, and I think that's the most prevalent in the sort of cop shows that most of us are guiltily watching. That and the idea that cops (and criminals for that matter) are smart.

Kids stuff is generally just positioning cops in the role of helpful member of the community. Those cops aren't getting away with extrajudicial executions on screen or whatever, but they are still saying stuff about cops keeping everyone safe and having cops who are willing and able to assist with, y'know, lost pets and such. See also to some degree the weird thing where firefighters are rarely depicted fighting fires in children's books, and instead are just getting cats down from trees - the actual role that they play in the community can't effectively be shown, so a kid-friendlier one is invented wholecloth and presented instead.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    paw patrol is basically overwatch

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Speaking of maybe questionably cannibalism games, I played Squirrel Stapler.

It's by the same guy who did Iron Lung, and his style definitely shows through, but what shows through more is that this is a slightly updated mini-game developed for an anthology. It's not so much that it's bad or lacking content as that it seems very thrown together, with most things being either cliche or gesturing at the sort of tension-building, "something is more deeply wrong" horror without really doing a lot.

That said, that same characteristic kind of... works? Like, it's designed to look and play like a shitty shovelware hunting game and it plays like something you'd see thrown on the N64 or as an unauthorized and very bad Quake 3D mod, so everything else feeling slapdash kind of adds to the charm of it. It was a little frustrating actually finding squirrels to hunt, but overall it was a decent way to kill a little over an hour, if you're willing to throw down real cash to do that.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    20230929 You are the Judge! (Strategy RPG Indie Choose Your Own Adventure )

dpfbu70ufe6t.png

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    paw patrol is basically overwatch

a damning condemnation if ever one was uttered

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    how they went with the title "You Are the Judge" and not "You Be the Judge" is beyond me

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cyberpunk 2.01 update not a major one but it has a few really nice things in it,
    - The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.

- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.

- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.

- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.

- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.

- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.

- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.

- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.

Particularly happy about being able to cycle to cyber arm weapons, and actually being able to hear the radio.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I love gaming.

I love anime.

(Friend leans into the shot)
    And manga!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I feel like it might be time to give Cyberpunk a go. It never appealed before but people seem pretty positive about it since this big update.

Weirdly it was watching this video recently that tipped me over into being interested

https://youtu.be/YNPUcvdizN4

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

These are basic, non-political, American principles I’m advocating for, such as free markets and fair competition, versus allowing monopolies in one market (like phones) to crush competitors in other markets (like stores and payments).
    These are principles we’ve held all along, from the shareware days to present, and argued for in all of our dealings with platform makers - in private where that was effective, and in public where necessary. No strange ideology or -isms here.
    *Says extremely political things*
    Anyway, that isn't political and purely neutral

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    how they went with the title "You Are the Judge" and not "You Be the Judge" is beyond me

Arr You Be The Judge Says I would sell untold copies

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    8 billion dollar man who fired 15% of his company this week because of his mistakes says capitalism isn’t political.

hey tim, maybe stop digging.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2023
    All I knew about Paw Patrol before I had to watch it with my 3 year old niece (it's her favorite, her 4th birthday was Paw Patrol themed) is that it was about dogs who were police/firefighters/etc.
    I had no idea they each had their own fucking Batmobiles and an Avengers Tower headquarters and that they fought an evil mayor

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Cyberpunk 2.01 update not a major one but it has a few really nice things in it,
    - The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.

- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.

- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.

- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.

- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.

- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.

- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.

- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.

Particularly happy about being able to cycle to cyber arm weapons, and actually being able to hear the radio.

I'm not - that's going to be an annoying extra step I have to cycle through when I'm using the SMG perk that demands you reload via weapon swapping instead of normal reload. I hope it's just a toggle of some kind.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    8 billion dollar man who fired 15% of his company this week because of his mistakes says capitalism isn’t political.

hey tim, maybe stop digging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znElks13UA

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9vjplUdfJA&ab_channel=KYORYU

I have no idea what this is, but I am 110% in.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    as far as I can gather it is a new zealander animator's personal short film project

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It seems like it might be more. It says it's a limited series, game and cineplay in the trailer. I hope it's also a game, post-apocalyptic Lone Wolf & Cub but as a T-Rex and a raptor is a game I want to play.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr6P44XtvI
    Limerick: Cadence Mansion is a detail-rich first-person action-horror adventure with deep lore, intricate puzzles, satisfying combat, and a happy little marionette who really wants to say hello.
    20230929 Limerick: Cadence Mansion (Horror First-Person Singleplayer Puzzle Dark)

*sigh*
    More sensationalist media making Limerick look more dangerous than it actually is.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.