Options

i hold nothing in my heart but contempt for david paulides

I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boomRegistered User regular
ufm3430029bx.png

david paulides, pathetic former cop, is most well known for his "investigative series" missing 411, in which he documents "mysterious disappearances" in the woods

these books are filled with scandalous revelations like "for some reason, the people who most often disappear on difficult hiking trails....are experienced hikers" and "when they were discovered, something - which the AUTHORITIES would like you believe is an ANIMAL - had eaten the soft bits of their body...but left the hard to chew parts of their body behind"

he's written ten of these fucking things, after his attempts to write books about bigfoot failed. he finds shocking correlations like "two of the women missing that year...had three letter names...starting with A" and doesn't want to draw any conclusions, but leaves things up to you the reader to infer.

he has yet to identify the singular entity that would be responsible for ten books worth of "mysterious" disappearances, but would like to assure his rubes - the field of suspects is narrowing

discuss him and other vile grifters that make you want to spit over your shoulder

liEt3nH.png

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'd prefer to allow you, the reader, to draw your own conclusions

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    There are so many of those on youtube and they are all like if Ryan only covered the craziest theory on Unsolved.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    my sister got real sucked in by one of his MYSTERIES once and it took awhile to get her to realize that no, it's not weird that 17 people went missing over a 30 year period in a massive area of national park.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    there's a tape from some hunters on one of this fuckin guy's projects communicating with "unknown mysterious creatures" that is the fakest shit you've ever seen and every creepy youtube channel covers it

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    How did you know I've had a tab open on this dude's wiki page that I've just been sneering at for the better part of a day

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Who's that one ghost YouTuber with the voice?

Fake edit: CHILLS

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Robert Stack is rolling in his grave at what the general genre of Unsolved Mysteries has turned into

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    This kind of grift annoys me on multiple levels

I find it distasteful in the same way that I find breathless true crime podcasts vaguely disgusting

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I hate this shit too

An uncle of mine was really into these sorts of things

He was a very smart man who believes all sorts of moronic things, bigfoot in Pennsylvania and Tennessee killing hikers, that weird graham Hancock stuff, some conspiracy about the switching of calenders,

And then he died

(From metastasized lung cancer, as he smoked a pack a day for 70 years)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »

I know EXACTLY who you’re talking about it and I hate it.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just looked up this Chills dude and he has the weird enunciation of the G-Man from Half-Life

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    This guy doesn't do the annoying Chills voice, but has the same kind of content, and is just as credulous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfMmCO9HjN4

And some youtubers put in the research before talking about Bigfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxTJfONmBxw

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Is it real, or an elaborate hoax?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RDVlh9xTEr8

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I yearn for the old days when conspiracy theories were all about Bigfoot and Aliens and Batboy or whatever instead of the anti science stuff today.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    got some bad news about anti science conspiracies throughout the ages

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I recall listening to old Art Bell Coast to Coast as background noise and when he had Paulaides on he was so pathetically mealy mouthed about putting forth any hunt of what he thinks his 'evidence' points to.

Much prefer listening to the Ghost to Ghost episodes where rabdom people experiencing sleep paralysis talk about their 'ghost encounters'

Alexandier on
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I yearn for the old days when conspiracy theories were all about Bigfoot and Aliens and Batboy or whatever instead of the anti science stuff today.

The Bigfoot conspiracy started off as racist tall tales about huge and violent native groups hiding in the mountains

UFOs from conception have been about the government and scientists covering discoveries up

Only Batboy remains pure

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What about the jersey devil and the Ozarks howler?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Was there a leak in D&D?

Is it dripping into SE?

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Next this thread is gonna try to tell me that Richard Gere’s sublime Mothman Prophecies wasn’t a documentary

R-dem on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    Next this thread is gonna try to tell me that Richard Gere’s sublime Mothman Prophecies wasn’t a documentary

We would never lie to you like that.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I know he was extremely successful by any objective measure but I still wonder whether Kevin Trudeau looks at the state of media now and what happened during the pandemic and wonders if he was just a few decades to early to have really cashed in, I mean he's one of the most accomplished grifters of the last 40 years and I still shudder to think about what could have been, the mind reels.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

I don't... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in this video. Can someone put a large red circle around the scary thing?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

I don't... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in this video. Can someone put a large red circle around the scary thing?

Come on, it's right there

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    4rwuhmfqftid.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Jersey Devil, Mothman, and Black Eyed Children are the only real cryptids

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh and Nessie

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    and the chipotlecapra

• Options
    There’s a cryptid in my pants right now

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I saw bat boy at the grocery store last weekend. Turns out he's in a really good place in his life.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

you mean because only you and a small handful of other people have claimed to see it?

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

you mean because only you and a small handful of other people have claimed to see it?

It's just a blurry mess

• Options
  • Options
    Odin wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It's just a blurry mess

Only in Japan

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Number 15

Burger King Foot Lettuce

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What about the jersey devil and the Ozarks howler?

Been actually putting in some effort with some friends to find the first recorded instance of the howler. We’ve casually been watching its profile pop off in the last fifteen years or so. Recently discovered there’s like a whole new wrinkle on it being a cryptic that has been around long enough for Daniel Boone to encounter. But I don’t think I’ve seen heads or tails of it in any regional folklore collection or cryptozoology book published before maybe the 2000s.

I’ve always presumed it might be something that was more born on the internet side of folklore than out in the woods. But I’m not like super confident of that. Just started shaking the dust off on Ozark folklore research too so I’m not as fresh on it as i want to be.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    (Or people are embarrassed to call them booger dogs anymore that’s my other theory)

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I miss this book I stole from my elementary school library. it was from like, the 70s and it was a collection of cryptids and monsters from around the world, just an encyclopedia of them, sometimes with pictures.

the picture of the Flatwoods Monster really got to me. I looked at it and knew, in my big boy brain, that it was just an artist's recreation, but it evoked a visceral terror in little me.

• Options
    Also The Mothman Prophecies movie rocks.

The book is some incredible hokum too.

aGPmIBD.jpg