As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Little Photoshop Help

Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm an actor (I've said this before).

I'm also an actor with Photoshop, and I want my headshot (my image based resume) to be completely white except for my image. As it stands it has a white frame with an off white background behind me, which I don't want. I basically want my frame and my background behind me to match and be completely white.

Here is the image to better explain it:

ianheadshotsmall.jpg

If I need to explain more lemme know. What's the easiest way to do this?

SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495
Double_Faces on

• Options
    Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There are two easy ways to do it, when you have a nice almost-solid background like that.

1. Image > Adjustments > Replace Color. Use the eyedropper to pick out the colour you want to replace, adjust the Fuzziness slider to make sure all of that colour is selected, then set the Lightness to 100 for a white replacement. Something like this:

(Linked for >800pxness)

2. Use the Magic Wand tool to select the area of solid colour you want to replace, modifying the Tolerance as necessary to get the right amount. Once you have it selected, you can fill it in with whatever other colour you want, or - recommended - use Ctrl-I to Select Inverse, then copy and paste everything *but* the colour you want to replace onto a separate layer. (One can never have too many layers).

Kate of Lokys on
  • Options
    Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Awesome.

sex +2 to you. done.

Double_Faces on
    SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495