Transfering files to my Xbox 360

MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I recently got my own Xbox 360. Up until now I was using my roommates, but he is moving out. I got all my purchased stuff re-downloaded and didn't really have any major gamesaves I was in the middle of, so mostly I am all set.

However, there was one pack of gamer pics that I really, really liked. The problem is, they were apparently a limited time thing (they were free) to promote a DVD release. Battlestar Galactica 2.5 to be specific. So I can't re-download them as they are gone from marketplace. In their place is a far inferior set of gamer pics.

So my question to PA, how can I transfer these pictures from my roommates Xbox (he hasn't moved yet) to mine? I can't use the HDD transfer cable they just released because that would wipe out all of his profile stuff. I am hearing conflicting reports on whether a memory card will do the trick as well.

Any ideas folks? There seem to be some transfer products on the market these days, but it's not clear whether or not they will do what I want. I really just want these pictures, and if possible, a few of my less important savefiles.

steam_sig.png
MuddBudd on

• RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'll start by saying that I have never done any of this....

There is a 3rd party transfer kit out there that just moves everything onto your PC. I don't know if you can just transfer individual files or if it will just image the hd and re-image the new hd. If you can find the pics you want to save on the 360 HD, and they are movable (not locked down like some game's save files) then a memcard should work in theory.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah I was hoping someone on here had used one of these kits and could tell me if that would work.

MuddBudd on
    steam_sig.png
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Yeah I was hoping someone on here had used one of these kits and could tell me if that would work.
    I looked around on buy.com for these kits and the one I found just transfers files off the memcards onto your pc. The box talks about transferring pics so I assume they must be able to be put on the memcard to begin with. So a memcard should be the only thing you need to go from 360 to 360.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, I decided to give it a shot. I got a memory card and it worked!

Most of the stuff on my roommates xbox didn't copy, but the two things I really wanted did. I assume because they were free giveaways.

Now I'm going to toss it on ebay.

MuddBudd on
    steam_sig.png