As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Hardware Toolkits?

l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
Having 4 roommates sharing video game consoles can take their toll on controllers. For example, buttons on Wavebird controllers might start sticking, or the left bumper on a 360 controller might've lost its spring. These problems would be easily fixed if I could just open 'em up and tinker around, I'm sure, but they all have odd types of screws. Is there anywhere I can find gaming specific tools/toolkits?

l337CrappyJack on

• Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I haven't seen anything like that but you might want to take a few to Radioshack and check out what they have. It worked for me when I had to crack open some unusual cases to electronics.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yea, I think I do recall somebody saying Radioshack sometimes carried a triwing tip (is that what they call it?) screw driver. Or you can try the trick that people have used on here - you take a pen and put it over a candle and then push it into the screw and it makes your own custom screw driver. Cheers!

Mmmm... Cocks... on