As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lunia: Action Arcade MMORPG?

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm Lemina in game, as a healer.

Man, I just ripped up some guy in PvP. I don't know what level he was, he couldn't have been too far below me, but he was a soldier and he could barely do anything. Then when he did I just healed myself :V

Lemming on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I got an invite to this through GnG, downloaded it and it didn't work. So I tried to browse through their forums and I gave up. They used the worst forum-software every created, decided to not have active moderators and just turn it into a cesspool.

I deleted the game after that, figuring it would probably just be an annoying grindfest anyway. Now, after reading this thread, I might just as well re-download it and get it to work using the fix in the OP. :^:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wow, that fix actually did it. I played around for a bit as a wizard and this *is* pretty awesome.

In game name is Aldo. I saw that there's a way to make a guild in town, we should probably set something up.

Aldo on
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Has anyone with Windows XP 64 had any problems installing the language pack? I have a friend with 64-bit and he says he comes to an error trying to find a file that isn't there.

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Get him to try inserting his Windows CD rather than using the downloaded file? I ended up just using my CD - much easier.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That's what I told him, which of course means he can't find his CD D:

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Having a blast at this game, though the lack of the extra characters (Thief, Puppeteer and Slime) dissapoint me. Trundling through Legend mode is quite fun though.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    mikecantypemikecantype Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Airan wrote: »
    Having a blast at this game, though the lack of the extra characters (Thief, Puppeteer and Slime) dissapoint me. Trundling through Legend mode is quite fun though.

What's the difference between all those modes? Legend, History etc?

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have no idea what is going on in this game, but it's fun.

I made a wizard named Shazam, because I could.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm having trouble getting set up I downloaded and ran the installer, and now I'm on an update window of some sort. Here's a screenshot:

downloadingeh7.png

The "Run Game" button is greyed out, and I can't see the message behind the notice about it "downloading the file directory". Anyone have any ideas what's up?

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Really detesting the movement and clipping in this. Getting stuck on invisible outcroppings is not fun, dulled my enjoyment of the game as a whole quite a bit.

Edit: Kupi, it looks like your fonts are too big and the updater window's overwriting bits of itself because of it.

devoir on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I took a break from my warrior to see what I was missing out on with healers, and I don't think I'm going back. I was a bit offset at first because i detest heal-only classes, but they're plenty competent offensively. Probably won't be testing out the mage, though. I have no problem playing as a female character, but I draw the line at men not wearing shirts.

I have some questions about the economy, though. My warrior hasn't even hit the 20's yet, and he already has like 20 gold. I don't predict a terribly large amount of purchasing equipment from the store, which seems to be the only thing that's actually expensive. I guess it's not even that big of deal, since I've probably been offered equipment from other people almost as much as I've seen people advertising selling stuff. I'd say I may as well just buy potions, but they seem really weak for the level limitations they have.

The reagents mechanics seem pretty retarded. Pre-assigning it, so the warriors can get pissed that their turn in the item assignment loop has just been wasted on something they can't use, coupled with the fact that if you want to leave it for someone who actually can make use of it, you either have to let it sit there for an hour or trade it to them later, along with not being able to see what it is beforehand. And they're so uncommon, it seems like relying on any spells that need them would be a waste of time, as you're never going to pick enough up on your own, so you're going to be wasting all of your time asking other people for reagents, which most probably won't bother keeping, because of the limited inventory.

Some of the things would be alleviated a bit at higher levels, or playing with a set group who know to keep things for you, but it still seems needlessly burdensome.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Frosteey, maybe you could start a guild?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wish there was a better way of buying and selling, player shops or something like that? Busy squares are an absolute mess of spam from people trying to buy, sell and trade. The chat box scrolls like nothing else it's hard to keep up with who has what they want to unload. I mean I'd love to trade some of the Drake and other boss drops (namely wizard junk) for some knight stuff but I just forsee myself extracting or selling them to NPC's in the future because of the bloody small bank space you get. I hope when it goes out of open beta they'll decide to give us a few more bank chests then just give you one and make the rest cash shop items. The small bank space is one of the reasons why I don't bother figuring out alchemy and soulstone stuff.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wish there was a better way of buying and selling, player shops or something like that? Busy squares are an absolute mess of spam from people trying to buy, sell and trade. The chat box scrolls like nothing else it's hard to keep up with who has what they want to unload. I mean I'd love to trade some of the Drake and other boss drops (namely wizard junk) for some knight stuff but I just forsee myself extracting or selling them to NPC's in the future because of the bloody small bank space you get. I hope when it goes out of open beta they'll decide to give us a few more bank chests then just give you one and make the rest cash shop items. The small bank space is one of the reasons why I don't bother figuring out alchemy and soulstone stuff.
    Yeah, I'm selling stuff of other classes at the stores as well. I take solace in assuming that others are finding a truckload of stuff for their class as well and don't really need my stuff anyway.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I swear this game is programmed to only drop Knight loots for me, since I'm a Healer and all.

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Right so I downloaded this, played for about an hour and experianced the joy of a 170 hit combo. The only problems i have with this is its pretty laggy, but its probably due to euro/vista. Im playing as norgoth if anyons intrested

Norgoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm in Europe as well and I don't experience much lag or clipping. I blame it on Vista.

Aldo on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Airan wrote: »

What's the difference between all those modes? Legend, History etc?

Legend mode is Hard mode. You get some mobs in some areas replaced with different, often harder mob types, and there's more of them too along with HP upped. You'll get Legend mode once you complete 3-10, as that's the last episode available in this beta (there are supposedly 8 episodes in total, making 80 stages, not counting the bonus stages).

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, anyone else having trouble on the Giant slime boss? Im trying to solo, but id love some Pa company.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm selling stuff of other classes at the stores as well. I take solace in assuming that others are finding a truckload of stuff for their class as well and don't really need my stuff anyway.

I sell or extract most of the stuff I find that I can't use, but keep around anything that is seemingly exceptional for my level range.

I'd be fine with starting a guild, but my naming and picture selecting tendencies are probably less than satisfactory.

I had a 270 hit combo as a warrior in a certain scorpion pit before I realized I wasn't getting any experience for it...Apparently that was enough to get an A rank for the stage, despite dying twice soloing the boss, and taking some ridiculously long amount of time to finish the level.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm on as Glenn5656. I'd love to join a PA guild, since joining up with random people is so hit or miss.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Count me in for a guild, Lv 9 Seig named Kirovante. This game is frickin sweet.

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Arcane Arcadians? I don't think a wang-joke will be appreciated. Actually, I suck at this.

Icon? :? Uhhhh, no idea.

Aldo on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I love all the "Playing the game too long may harm your health" and "It's been _ hours, taking a break is a good idea!"

Mage named Jaef

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I swear this game is programmed to only drop Knight loots for me, since I'm a Healer and all.

We need to party or something, I'm a knight and I keep getting healer and wizard junk most of the time. At the end of a stage when I'm going with randoms I always ask what people have got and if they'd like to trade, usually works out for the best.

So if anyone wants a wizard Drake (2-10 boss) equip just give me a whistle in game, my in game name is: ninetynine

And a guild sounds cool.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    EstocEstoc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I should seriously keep a running tab on how many Korean free games I've ended up playing over the years due to the PA forums. Of course, this is no exception. I'll give it a shot, since I have plenty of memories of PSO.

Estoc on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Played this just briefly the other day. Eyon is my name there. It seemed pretty laggy but maybe I'll give it another go.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm tempted to give this a try, looks like they are adverting on the PA main page too.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gah I keep playing this for a bit and then realize the interface is too clunky and the dashing too annoying and the items and economy too lackluster to be worth being interested in and log off....

Then I go play another mission 50 minutes later.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Okay, so I've got the guild crest procured, but the name's more important and harder to change. Right now I'm leaning towards Limes. I enjoy limes, don't you? We can go the Arcadians, or another, route if there's popular demand.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Edit: That'll teach me to refresh before I pay to create a guild.

Frosteey, what's your character's name? Msg me in game, Kirovante.

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Okay, so I've got the guild crest procured, but the name's more important and harder to change. Right now I'm leaning towards Limes. I enjoy limes, don't you? We can go the Arcadians, or another, route if there's popular demand.

Limed for the Truth. :^:

Icon: limed.jpg

as ripped from limedforthetruth.ccom :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anybody know if they are going to wipe the beta characters after the test is over?

Fryhole on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Worth trying this out without a gamepad? Seems like it's at least worth the download to mess around with, but not if you can't play semi-competently with a keyboard.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Worth trying this out without a gamepad? Seems like it's at least worth the download to mess around with, but not if you can't play semi-competently with a keyboard.
    I can play it very easily on a keyboard, then again -- I never played on gamepads.

Aldo on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow that game looks like a ton of fun. It looks like Secret of Mana on steroids. Definitely going to try this out once I get home.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Character name: Celia

I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a server reset. My limited experience has indicated it's a rather unpopular practice on the whole, and it's generally limited to closed sessions only.

The biggest problem with keyboard controls is diagonal dashing. But I played Phantasy Star Universe on keyboard and didn't really have any problems. Bringing up the the chat seems to be really hit or miss, as well...

Frosteey on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Am I the only one who gets embarrassed just hearing the intro to this? That music doesn't really inspire me.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    The biggest problem with keyboard controls is diagonal dashing.

Use the numpad.

I think my Lunia experience is over. Really didn't like how character control felt (not the keyboard aspect, I remapped all of that) with the running into invisible walls and outcroppings. Looked cool, and I really did like the whole cel-shaded 3D model thing where you could actually change your equipment look but still keep the anime style.

devoir on