As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warren Ellisish Thread

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    Apparently FELL is selling really fucking well.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Good. I really liked Fell. I also really like the idea of it.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DudditsDuddits Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Good. I really liked Fell. I also really like the idea of it.
    I'm waiting in anticipation for the next issue of Fell. I've got wood for the art, and the atmosphere just makes me wet.

Duddits on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    In a recent Bad Signal, Ellis hints that he's been feeling the urge to write Spider Jerusalem again...

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Where else could he go with the character though? The ending to Transmet is a fuckin classic, and it was just so very right.
    Though don't get me wrong, I'll read pretty much anything Warren Ellis puts down on paper, and have faith he can make a seuquel/prequel/whatever work fabulously.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    In a recent Bad Signal, Ellis hints that he's been feeling the urge to write Spider Jerusalem again...
    He also said that he's not 'bringing that fucker back' or something to that effect.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Where else could he go with the character though? The ending to Transmet is a fuckin classic, and it was just so very right.
    Though don't get me wrong, I'll read pretty much anything Warren Ellis puts down on paper, and have faith he can make a seuquel/prequel/whatever work fabulously.

I think a prequel, with Spider opposing the Beast and first becomign famous, would be amazing, and let Ellis do what he wants to do with Spider without ruining the ending of Transmet.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    So apparently FELL's sold out everywhere, pretty much.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2005

I think a prequel, with Spider opposing the Beast and first becomign famous, would be amazing, and let Ellis do what he wants to do with Spider without ruining the ending of Transmet.

And with hair!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    There'll be an official press
    release on Monday, which will of
    course reach far wider than this,
    so sssh: FELL 1 sold out. All gone.
    On Monday, we're going to look at
    the backorder velocity and see if
    it's worth doing a second printing.
    Right now, it looks like there are
    copies of FELL 2 after all, but that
    could change fast. Interestingly,
    I've now had another publisher asking
    if I can do a book in that format for
    them: and I do have an idea for a
    chambara book, which means it's
    in the mode of ZATOICHI (go google
    "chambara" for lots of interesting
    reading). A girl, a gun, a sword, and
    a copy of that book by Mushashi
    Miyamoto. We'll see.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MaladictMaladict Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    So apparently FELL's sold out everywhere, pretty much.

I got Fell #1 and #2 the other day. Pretty good stuff, I think. I like the format, the simple art style and the stories are pretty gruesome. I will keep buying this one, fo' sho'!

Maladict on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Itt I will proclaim my love for Fell. I got the 1st 2 issues yesterday, and it is awsome.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I'd kill for a Warren Ellis chambra comic.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    MaladictMaladict Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    SkankPlaya wrote:
    Itt I will proclaim my love for Fell. I got the 1st 2 issues yesterday, and it is awsome.

Smoke babies :shock:

Maladict on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    Maladict wrote:
    SkankPlaya wrote:

Smoke babies :shock:

They weren't smoke babies. They were smoke foetus'.

futility on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    All through Fell #2, with the smoke babies and all, i was thinking back to Arsenic Lullaby and the zombie fetuses. Still, loved the issue, fast paced, no filler stuff, and even if its only a quarter cheaper than normal, its still less money i spend on comics as is.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    HazzHazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    He also said that he's not 'bringing that fucker back' or something to that effect.

I didn't know I could feel so happy, then so sad in the space of three posts :(

Hazz on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited October 2005
    All through Fell #2, with the smoke babies and all, i was thinking back to Arsenic Lullaby and the zombie fetuses. Still, loved the issue, fast paced, no filler stuff, and even if its only a quarter cheaper than normal, its still less money i spend on comics as is.

I DON'T NEED WHOLE SETS I JUST NEED A LOT

Thank god someone else has read that. Bless this internet.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    WallyWally Registered User regular
    edited October 2005

Nah, there are a lot of stories in there that are hinted at but never meant to be shown, like the terrible night on the phone.

Wally on
  • Options
    RockyRaccoonRockyRaccoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    holy crap?
    Animated series based on "Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse." To be wrmtten by Warren Ellis. Designed by James Jean.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=litg

RockyRaccoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    holy crap?
    Animated series based on "Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse." To be written by Warren Ellis. Designed by James Jean.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=litg
    And if you bothered to go to his website, you'd know that he's not involved in that project at all.

Or so it seems...

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Like Axe said on MP, I love the way he traipses around NDAs. He hasn't actually said anythin about it, but it's obvious that it's in progress.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RockyRaccoonRockyRaccoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    i'm sure he'll mention something about it in his emails soon enough.

regardless of ellis' involvment, its still fucking awesome. someone had the bright idea to make a show about castlevania, and then a fucking genius came along and said "hey, why not go back to when video games didn't suck?". i would have liked them to go all the way back to #2, but the characters from #3 were probably the major pull.

ellis must be trying to be ironic when he says "...and have never clapped eyes on James Jean, whom I believe is a popular illustrator with the young people of today"

RockyRaccoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    i'm sure he'll mention something about it in his emails soon enough.

regardless of ellis' involvment, its still fucking awesome. someone had the bright idea to make a show about castlevania, and then a fucking genius came along and said "hey, why not go back to when video games didn't suck?". i would have liked them to go all the way back to #2, but the characters from #3 were probably the major pull.

ellis must be trying to be ironic when he says "...and have never clapped eyes on James Jean, whom I believe is a popular illustrator with the young people of today"
    He's probably just never talked to him in person.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    My roommate is going to Cambodia.

I tried telling him about smoke babies. He got mad and walked out of the room.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    59421701_f2b7020954_d.jpg

Guess who's doing a zombie book?

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    A bunch of female fans put pictures of their butts on his site too, with captions saying "warren ellis owns my ass" or something. Wierd.

I really wish the rest of Transmet would come in from the inter library loan system, so I could read it. I think I will like it a great deal.

Did Desolation Jones come out this week?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Hmm, I haven't got a whole lot to add to this thread, except that thanks to my local library, I have 4 TPB's of The Authority on their way here.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2005
    Did Desolation Jones come out this week?

Yep. Some stuff happend. Then some more violent and urgent stuff happened.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    The CowThe Cow Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Basically, violence and a walking Ellisism of a black man.

This does not mean I loved it any less, and fuck every time I look at Williams art I am forced to change my pants.

The Cow on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    59421701_f2b7020954_d.jpg

Guess who's doing a zombie book?

Again?

(I liked Strange Killings: Necromancer)

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    so, let's see:

Blackgas
    Nextwave
    Desolation Jones
    FELL
    Planetary
    Ignition City
    Chambara book (TBA?)

Man's pretty busy.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Hypertime McMultiverseHypertime McMultiverse Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    so, let's see:

Blackgas
    Nextwave
    Desolation Jones
    FELL
    Planetary
    Ignition City
    Chambara book (TBA?)

Man's pretty busy.

The first half of 2006 might be huge for Planetary. I love the series so damn much and its been hell waiting for every issue. Worst case scenario, it's (finally) coming out quarterly. Best case scenario, we get to see all the cards before the middle of the year. I have my fingers crossed.
    One fan brought up the future of Warren Ellis and John Cassaday's "Planetary." "We're hoping to have more issues of "Planetary" next year… and we hope to be able to publish them one-two-three-four in a row and wrap up the series," said Wayne

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5991

Hypertime McMultiverse on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Man I just watch the GF pilot.

It was pretty ok but not as good as possible.

Pretty ok though. It should have got a chance. :(

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Man, I just read the first book of Transmet. That is some good comics right there. I cant wait to read more!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    You've never read it before? You lucky prick.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    It is indeed my first time. What an awesome book. Ellis is tops, as always (excepting ultimate trilogy). I really like the artwork too.

I am borrowing them from the inter-library exchange system. I have all of them, except for book 3. So I have a ton of books setting in front of me, and I cant read most of them. :x

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    so, let's see:

Blackgas
    Nextwave
    Desolation Jones
    FELL
    Planetary
    Ignition City
    Chambara book (TBA?)

Man's pretty busy.
    I think you can add Ultimate Galactus to that, though maybe the writting is done now.

Azrael on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    It is indeed my first time. What an awesome book. Ellis is tops, as always (excepting ultimate trilogy). I really like the artwork too.

I am borrowing them from the inter-library exchange system. I have all of them, except for book 3. So I have a ton of books setting in front of me, and I cant read most of them. :x
    is that year of the bastard?

SO GOOD

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Man I just watch the GF pilot.

It was pretty ok but not as good as possible.

Pretty ok though. It should have got a chance. :(

Their Miranda Zero was really well casted. I just saw the pilot yesterday and I was really pleased with how they stretched the concept of the first story out into a full 45 minutes.

I really hope that someone somewhere picks it up so I actually have an excuse to watch television again. I would LOVE to see the Le Parkour episode with real people.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg