As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Favorite seasons

2»

• Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Cognizance wrote: »
    Isn't it like, 3

Depends on where you live. In the Northeast, we sometimes get snow from November until April, depending on the severity of the particular winter.

Of course, there is the opposite extreme of last winter, when it snowed only about 3 times, and for most of the winter it was downright warm (40-50, which is hot for NE winters), and we didn't see any snow until late January.

Then there is the HORRIBLE winters, like '03, when it averaged 10 below zero for about 4 months! That sucked...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    I gotta poop up a storm right about now.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    FlavabeanFlavabean Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I like fall because fat people are less gross and sweaty this time of year and I'm more able to stand their horrible obesity.

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    fall duh

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Winter is coming.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was not made for winter

I have a slight build and I'm from a tropical climate

I guess I could put on 20 pounds every winter or something
    It's fun to be cold!

Then you get the pleasure of wrapping up in a blanket and gosh I wish it was December now

I wrap up in blankets all the time no matter the season

I guess winter isn't so bad, I like hot chocolate and looking at snow and dressing in layers

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I liked it, sorta, when we got 3 feet of snow last winter. It looked really cool, with snow up to the bottoms of the windows and up over the wheels on the cars, and there was no school, but Jesus, shoveling the driveway sucked.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DegjoDegjo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I love Autumn and Spring.

Autumn for the fact that it starts to be brisk all day and all the leafs change makes everything look so wonderful.

Spring is just that, except in reverse.

Degjo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The two nice things about winter is:

1) BIG snowstorms. Massive ones. Like, 2-4 feet. Those are fun.

2) Skiing. Skiing rocks.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    CognizanceCognizance Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    misbehavin wrote: »
    Cognizance wrote: »
    Isn't it like, 3

Depends on where you live. In the Northeast, we sometimes get snow from November until April, depending on the severity of the particular winter.

Of course, there is the opposite extreme of last winter, when it snowed only about 3 times, and for most of the winter it was downright warm (40-50, which is hot for NE winters), and we didn't see any snow until late January.

Then there is the HORRIBLE winters, like '03, when it averaged 10 below zero for about 4 months! That sucked...

Well I mean, depending on your latitude, you might not get spring summer, fall, and winter in the traditional sense at all. but still. they still call december to february winter. I mean, if we're gonna get all regional then my favorite season is winter in the tropics.

Cognizance on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    All that matters here is the area below Canada and above South Carolina, and the equivalent latitude throughout northern hemisphere, and the equivalent seasonal temperates throughout the southern hemisphere. Every where else doesn't even HAVE seasons, just slight temperature variations (except during superstorms, when snow sometimes gets all the way down to Florida, but those are rare).

Basically, do you like freezing cold and snow for 3+ months (winter is my second-favorite, so I'm not knocking this), hot and humid for 4+ months, crisp and cool with apples and harvest, or crisp but warming and baseball and such.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As Lostworlds said, Girls in sweaters are pretty.
    Also, I for some reason radiate an inordinate amount of heat for a normal person, so everyone loves me when it's cold.

Khavall on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Canada doesn't have seasons?

Fuck you

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Canada doesn't have seasons?

Fuck you

"Cold" and "Cold and raining" are not seasons.

Khavall on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    South Dakota has two seasons.

Cold as fuck.
    Hot as fuck.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Okay, below PARTS of Canada. Let's say:

uscanadamap1pm4.png

misbehavin on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You could probably eliminate the west coast on both countries

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah. Wipe those fuckers out.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i hate winter, it is too cold and my feet get frozen and cars won't start and things need defrosting and i slip on black ice

i hate summer, it is too hot and when it isn't hot it's not even worth being a season because i mean what is the point

i hate autumn because of spiders and harvestmen and the garden becomes uninhabitable because of all the shitty bugs and it just gets cold and depressing and drab

i hate spring because it is winter in disguise and shouldn't even be a season. autumn and spring are just winter in drag, and i hate winter

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    I live in south Florida. We have no seasons.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I love winter, and also rainy springs.

If I could pick another season I would pick Ragnarok.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would pick chocolate

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Someone isn't very good at that

not naming names

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I suppose my favorite is summer. I like that girls wear less, I like that it's not cold, I like wearing shorts all the time (they're comfy). I hate being sweaty and stuff, but it beats freezing cold. Also, I'm still young enough to have a summer vacation, even if I have to work.

I like winter when it actually snows. We didn't get a white Christmas this year, and that was a serious issue for me. What is the point in being cold if it won't at least look pretty? Also, winter lasts far too long. If it snows, I love the Advent part of winter, all the Christmas spirit and whatnot. I wish it would warm up on December 26th though.

I like the idea of spring. I like spring when it actually exists. In Ohio, winter lasts really long and goes straight into summer.

Fall is probably my least favorite of the seasons (ironic, since my birthday is in October). The end of summer and the beginning of the schoolyear is pretty depressing stuff. Halloween was fun when I went trick-or-treating. Now it's just parties, which are not as much fun. When I have kids I'll finally have an excuse to enjoy Halloween again.

Jimothy on