As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jungle Fever 2: Primal Fury

HanSaganHanSagan Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Artist's Corner
Hi all. Heres the first stills from a major new show I've been commissioned to Direct for Juice Television in New Zealand. I'd like to get some opinions on the initial promotional materials, from a design perspective.

advancepostersmall.jpg

Primal Fury will screen as 2-3 minute episodes in between Music videos on JTV, an NZ music channel. It will run for about 12 weeks. It tells the story of a puppet secret agent and the women he loves.

DKBONDsmall.jpgIVANAsmall.jpgBODILsmall.jpg

Filmed 720p HD on an HVX and M2 lens adapter with Nikon Lenses.
It should be completed sometime late this year and be available online early 2008. Finally some stills to whet your appetites :)

BAR1.jpg
CAR.jpg
IVANA.jpg
GUARDS.jpg

HanSagan on

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    From a text heirarchy point of view, the text on the JF2: Primal Fury seems equally important as the Summer 2008 text. I'd make the title bigger. Also, why not play a bit with colors on your text? JF2: Could be be in red and Primal Fury could remain in white. Same for the Summer 2008.

Aside from the text, I dislike how the banana in the background seems to be growing out of the monkey's head like some sort of horn. But an even bigger problem seems to be the poor image choice. To me, the monkey on the second picture seems alot more interesting than the one on the poster. That picture is so dark I can hardly make out what he is, much less that he had some sort of spy gear and a gun.

Ultra kudos on landing this gig! The second set of posters is awesome, btw.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lotta monkey love in the past few days.

Godfather on