As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] this puppy into the ground

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    any other takers

Eddy can write me a letter of recommendation I am sure

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    FUCKING ITUNES WON'T RUN ARRRRGGGHHHH!

it doesn't even give an error message.

When that happens with apps in Windows it's worth checking taskman to see if Windows mistakenly believes it's already running the app in question. If it happens with a Mac, how the fuck did you break a Mac?

The taskman says it is running. But the UI is not there.

Also, I can't run any other program when I try to run iTunes. Have to manually turn the computer off and on.

Can't make a H/A thread because I'm jailed. :( sigh

And you can't click it and then "End Process"?

I can do it a hundred times and it won't end the process.

ege02 on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ok time to bounceee

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    trying to revert back to older versions now

man this will be a loooong night

:winky:

ege02 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    30 helen's agree. tatoos aren't for everybody.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    30helens.jpg

God, I haven't watched KITH in too long.

moniker on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Welp. My AFM time today is up. Pushing ferritin is hard. Removing monolayers is suspiciously easy but I still, weeks later, don't really know what's going on with that, though I have some ideas on how to implement it effectively.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    elec bores me.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I would recommend completely uninstalling iTunes+QT and then doing a fresh install with the new software, unless you're really concerned about losing some playlists (I did this and lost like 25 of them without realizing what I was doing, but no super big loss in the end).

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    this is like the third time some Asian guy with a poor grasp of English and not knowing what the word 'transsexual' means has just completely ignored that word instead of looking it up or asking about it and then gotten upset with me when I told him what it means after like 20 minutes of him being ridiculously forward

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hello everybody.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Anybody watch/read Ahmadinijead's Cwazy Columbian screed? I can't seem to find a transcript even though I didn't look very hard, and am interested in what the more insane parts.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

I would recommend completely uninstalling iTunes+QT and then doing a fresh install with the new software, unless you're really concerned about losing some playlists (I did this and lost like 25 of them without realizing what I was doing, but no super big loss in the end).

I've been doing that for the past three hours. The problem persists.

Bah! And here I thought I was going to enjoy my iPod Touch. :(

ege02 on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    this is like the third time some Asian guy with a poor grasp of English and not knowing what the word 'transsexual' means has just completely ignored that word instead of looking it up or asking about it and then gotten upset with me when I told him what it means after like 20 minutes of him being ridiculously forward

You might need to postfix transsexual with "(THAT MEANS I HAVE A PENIS)" to enlighten these uninformed people.

Anyone who still doesn't understand is beyond hope.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

When that happens with apps in Windows it's worth checking taskman to see if Windows mistakenly believes it's already running the app in question. If it happens with a Mac, how the fuck did you break a Mac?

Also, I can't run any other program when I try to run iTunes. Have to manually turn the computer off and on.

I scrolled through the page and read that as "End Protoss".

I think I need to play less Starcraft.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Anybody watch/read Ahmadinijead's Cwazy Columbian screed? I can't seem to find a transcript even though I didn't look very hard, and am interested in what the more insane parts.

I only saw a few bits here and there. My favorite was when he complained that he felt insulted by the way he was not allowed to visit Ground Zero. My roommate kept yelling stuff like "Oh boo hoo they were mean to me! It's cause you're a fucking terrorist you douchebag." I just shook my head.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    "End Protoss".

Impossible.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

You might need to postfix transsexual with "(THAT MEANS I HAVE A PENIS)" to enlighten these uninformed people.

Not if you're post-op. Unless you want to talk about the jar...

moniker on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    30helens.jpg

God, I haven't watched KITH in too long.

bought the first 2 seasons off amazon, going through the first one as we speak.

this is the best sketch comedy show ever. imo and all that, but seriously this is easily my favorite.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I only saw a few bits here and there. My favorite was when he complained that he felt insulted by the way he was not allowed to visit Ground Zero. My roommate kept yelling stuff like "Oh boo hoo they were mean to me! It's cause you're a fucking terrorist you douchebag." I just shook my head.

They don't have gays in Iran, apparently. The man is a riot.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I scrolled through the page and read that as "End Protoss".

I think I need to play more Starcraft.

fixed!

I really should. I know it will be a new game and all, but I want to have a long time of playing under my belt when the sequel comes out. I'd like to have a chance to be competitive.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Oh, I forgot about that! That cracked me up. I also like the mixed laughter and boos that remark got from the audience.

"I don't know who's been telling you these things - we do not have this phenomenon."

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't sleep and I really want to. The kitties aren't helping. The older one knows she's not allowed on my desk and hasn't tried to get on my desk for eight months or more until I got a kitten. Now she's trying to get on my desk several times a night, which wakes me up because when she jumps on it it sways and creaks. And I really want to be asleep, I'm so sick of my brain.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well, Iran is the largest state sponsor of terrorism...but yeah.

moniker on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

The Iranian news account of the event. Our media still has a ways to go before hitting bottom.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Savant wrote: »

The Iranian news account of the event. Our media still has a ways to go before hitting bottom.

I doubt he got a standing ovation.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

He got at least widespread applause at one point, but that was pretty short lived.

Oh, and the introduction included calling him a petty dictator.

Savant on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hey [chat]

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

I've been doing that for the past three hours. The problem persists.

Bah! And here I thought I was going to enjoy my iPod Touch. :(
    Update your sound card drivers?

I don't know, I've never once had a problem with it. The only weird thing is how it installs QT at the same time, which I tried to avoid a few times but just gave up on. Are you working off a CD they gave you or the free 'net download? Download it again, I really have no idea. I've never heard of a problem like that.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

He got at least widespread applause at one point, but that was pretty short lived.

Oh, and the introduction included calling him a petty dictator.

They applauded him walking to the podium and coughing. What else do you do when someone's about to speak?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    hey [chat]

I miss your old avatar.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    ege, send me your touch. I promise I'll enjoy it.

Variable on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    OH JOY OH JOY OH JOY

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well, Iran is the largest state sponsor of terrorism...but yeah.

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with my roomie. Not at all. I merely shook my head at his energetic outbursts directed towards the TV.

But yeah, Ahmadinejad (I love how it's never pronounced the same way twice) is a terrorist douchebag. No question there.

Edit: also, wow that Iranian article is either very badly written or very badly translated. Or both.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Not if you're post-op. Unless you want to talk about the jar...

True. I was more referring to oboro's case.

Smasher on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    CSI Miami is really bad

why am I watching it

Medopine on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    CSI Miami is really bad

why am I watching it

It's pretty bad. My wife is watching it

I think I'll read some Amber Spyglass

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Fox News spent the entire fucking evening trying to decipher the meaning of the students briefly applauding at the beginning of Amistadistanwhateverthehell's talk. Both Brit Hume and O'Reilly had commentators who were like "well the students and staff were being polite to the guest speaker" and the host was like "PSHAW! KIDS IN NEW YORK HATE AMERICA!"

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hi guys i go to columbia, any questions?

also i just got back from halo 3 launch event in NYC...
    and i had heard collector's edition could have scratched discs
    and I stood at the register saying no, no, i must get regular
    but i couldn't help it and got the collector's but i didnt have time to open it at the store cuz they were rushing us in and out cuz there were tons of people. and then i get back and it is scratched. but that's okay cuz i don't even have time to play it today/my 360 is at home, and i will return it tomorrow, and i got 5 free shirts.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hey [chat]

I miss your old avatar.

you keep saying that but you never specify which one.

You been keeping up with Phalla Royale?

MrBallbaggins on
This discussion has been closed.