As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

grahpics drivers screwed

RamiRami Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay so I had this crashing back with any game in the source engine, so I went and downloaded new drivers for my GeForce 7800 GTX.

I uninstalled the current displays driver from the control panel and then ran the installation for the new ones. Half way through it froze, and I lost all signal to my monitor. I restarted the computer and it seemed ok, but again it crashed halfway through installing the driver.

So I thought fuck this, and tried to reinstall the driver I had previously (still got it saved on my HDD). Except now this one can't install either.

I now have no driver for my graphics cards, and any attempt to install drivers just crashes the system.

Help?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
sig.gif
Rami on

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Run Driver Cleaner in safe mode, then try reinstalling the drivers.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had that where it appear to of crashed, but it was just taking its gorram time. Leaving it for a long while, mine took about 15 mins, seemed to work a charm.

Tav on