As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a Website Designer/Graphic Artist

SnowconeSnowcone Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
I posted this in AC, but they were less than receptive so I am going to repost it here because you guys aren't dicks.
Let me cut to the chase. Some of you may know me and others may not. I run Snackbar Games and The Cover Project and I am a developer. A quick look at TCP should clue you in to the fact that I am a shitty designer. If you looked at the site, I apologize for violating your eyes. I've got a guy that designed the new SBG site, but he's swamped right now and doesn't have time to lend a hand in redoing TCP.

This is where one of you comes in. I am looking for someone to help me redo The Cover Project. I don't have any requirements for the project right now, but I am looking for interested candidates. I run these sites as a hobby and have no revenue stream so I can't afford to pay market value for a good designer, but I'm sure we can work something out.

If any of you are interested, post in here or drop me a PM. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Snowcone on

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No, AC was pretty decent to you considering you didn't read the rules (your question would go in the well-titled questions thread, as mentioned in the rules. See #10 especially).

Edit: They even gave you good suggestions!

MKR on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    No, AC was pretty decent to you considering you didn't read the rules (your question would go in the well-titled questions thread, as mentioned in the rules. See #10 especially).

I fail to see a single suggestion in that thread and I don't consider this to be being decent.
    You're going to have to do better than "we can work something out."

But, whatever. I didn't read the rules and ironically, not a single one of them mentioned that. Odd how that's what you were drawn to.

Snowcone on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Snowcone wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »

I fail to see a single suggestion in that thread and I don't consider this to be being decent.
    You're going to have to do better than "we can work something out."

But, whatever. I didn't read the rules and ironically, not a single one of them mentioned that. Odd how that's what you were drawn to.
    Yeah, $300 is like two hours of work. And if you want to see our members' work then all you have to do is look at their online portfolios. Most of them would be willing to share that with you. If the site is just a hobby then I'd suggest finding a friend to hook you up. But for the money you're looking to spend, you're probably not going to see a significant upgrade in the appearance. Really, it doesn't look horrible now so I'd just leave it be and carry on. But good luck finding a designer. You're bound to find a college/high school student somewhere who is desperate for some cash.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You realize that is a long way of saying "you can't afford anyone in here and for that price you won't improve the design"?

I hardly find that to be a suggestion, but whatever. I don't feel like continuing this conversation as it's utterly pointless. I guess I'll take my inquiry elsewhere.

Snowcone on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Really, I love people like you. It's almost funny. If you wanted to retile your bathroom would you call up a tiler and tell him that "we can work something out" for the cost of him working? If your toilet was broken would you tell a plumber that they could put their name on the toilet so everyone will know that he fixed it? Intellectual property comes at a price and if you're good at what you do then it's not cheap. If you're so hard pressed for cash and the site is a hobby then go out and learn how to do it yourself. Otherwise, you should change your mindset when looking for a designer.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.