As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The man with the Golden [Chat]

PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Woo first chat thread!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
Preacher on

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    PREACHER IS NOW MY MORTAL ENEMY

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hate you elks.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Only comics i read are PA, PvP, and xkcd. I'm always looking for new ones though.

JPants on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

I thought that was CtrlAltDel?

Well people actually read QC, I was under the impression no one read CAD anymore. God I hope no one does.
    Tim was always something of a doucebag, acting like a child. Then he pulled the premium content crap and that was that. It still hurts me to read 8-Bit Theater sometimes because he's so buddy-buddy with Tim.

Also, on that note... what other comics do people read?

PA, PvP, The Noob, VG Cats, North World, McGibs story (it's in the AC forums), Scott Ewen's stuff (also in AC forums), Evil Inc (and Phables), and my own stuff, because I'm too chickenshit to actually put it on the interwebs.

Edit: I've read XKCD a few times, and I dig it, but I haven't been through the archives or anything.

Double Edit: You're slow preacher....

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I even got it with a debbie downer type post, it was amazing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

I thought that was CtrlAltDel?

Well people actually read QC, I was under the impression no one read CAD anymore. God I hope no one does.
    Tim was always something of a doucebag, acting like a child. Then he pulled the premium content crap and that was that. It still hurts me to read 8-Bit Theater sometimes because he's so buddy-buddy with Tim.

Also, on that note... what other comics do people read?

PA, PvP, The Noob, VG Cats, North World, McGibs story (it's in the AC forums), Scott Ewen's stuff (also in AC forums), Evil Inc (and Phables), and my own stuff, because I'm too chickenshit to actually put it on the interwebs.

Edit: I've read XKCD a few times, and I dig it, but I haven't been through the archives or anything.

Double Edit: You're slow preacher....

I didn't think I would get the last post so I wracked my brain for a non horrible chat title. In my mind I succeded.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    I wrote:
    So I think I know what rock bottom looks like. On my way home from my latest job interview (with a really dodgy-seeming staffing agency) my car both got a flat and ran out of gas. Good thing I had my AAA card and the driver was able to give me a couple gallons of gas after filling my tire - good thing because I just checked and I now have no money. Zero. Zilch.

Oh, and my nice interview clothes smell like wet cat - apparently my ex-girlfriend's little beasts got into the wardrobe, so even after a couple washes if I dress up I now smell like the inside of a comic book store.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Oh and now I'm home and my roof is leaking.

This is the closest I've been in a long time to just totally losing my shit.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We should put up an PA emergency fund.

Poor Jacob. :(

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I wrote:
    So I think I know what rock bottom looks like. On my way home from my latest job interview (with a really dodgy-seeming staffing agency) my car both got a flat and ran out of gas. Good thing I had my AAA card and the driver was able to give me a couple gallons of gas after filling my tire - good thing because I just checked and I now have no money. Zero. Zilch.

Oh, and my nice interview clothes smell like wet cat - apparently my ex-girlfriend's little beasts got into the wardrobe, so even after a couple washes if I dress up I now smell like the inside of a comic book store.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Oh and now I'm home and my roof is leaking.

This is the closest I've been in a long time to just totally losing my shit.

Damn man, there are no words for how much that sucks.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Took long enough. I would expect as much from a 25-page cabal member.

My list: 8-bit Theater, Applegeeks, Applegeeks Lite, ASCII Art Farts, Dueling Analogs, GU Comics, Little Gamers, Penny Arcade, PHD Comics, Real life, Sinfest, Three Panel Soul, VG Cats and xkcd.

I've had others on and off the list through the years. Lazy updating usually gets you yanked from my list. Not sure how Greg Dean has managed to stay on there so long.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I read, cyanide and happiness, pvp, Dr.McNinja, Order of the Stick, Errant Story, Goblins, CtrAltDel, QC, Simulated Comic, Sam and Fuzzy, Bear and Kitten and some other odd stuff that update very rarely.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, Zen. Starting up on WoW again? For shame.

Also: "[chat] bless us, one and all" would make an excellent title.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And 3 panel soul satan. I "read" them as well but he updates at barely a better pace then Mac Hall.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Thanks, Haps and Preacher. I don't mean to emo up the chat but RAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gone With the Blastwave is probably my favorite webcomic...if the guy would actually update it. Not on a regular schedule, just update it at all. Although a regular update schedule would be nice.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thanks, Haps and Preacher. I don't mean to emo up the chat but RAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Its ok man, sounds like life is taking a dump on you, just in time for christmas. Do you have any family or friends you can fall back on for a bit?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Gone With the Blastwave is probably my favorite webcomic...if the guy would actually update it. Not on a regular schedule, just update it at all.

I like that one as well, but yeah the updates are non existent as of late. The art is very nice though.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    stop ringing you fucking phone

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    And 3 panel soul satan. I "read" them as well but he updates at barely a better pace then Mac Hall.
    At least he's honest about it. I don't like when someone tells me they do a MWF schedule and they update like once a week. I see TPS as a "retirement comic", kind of like Angst Technology was for a little while.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I read, cyanide and happiness, pvp, Dr.McNinja, Order of the Stick, Errant Story, Goblins, CtrAltDel, QC, Simulated Comic, Sam and Fuzzy, Bear and Kitten and some other odd stuff that update very rarely.
    I used to read PvP but I couldn't stand what a nimrod Kurtz was (and probably still is).

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    At least he's honest about it. I don't like when someone tells me they do a MWF schedule and they update like once a week. I see TPS as a "retirement comic", kind of like Angst Technology was for a little while.

I remember reading angst tech all the time a couple years ago. Just fell out of reading it one day, can't say why.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Its ok man, sounds like life is taking a dump on you, just in time for christmas. Do you have any family or friends you can fall back on for a bit?

Yeah, I'm not gonna starve or anything, but it's going to be really embarrassing having to ask my Dad for money. I thought I was past all that.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    sup guys

i have something i need to tell you

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

fuck, I forgot about cyanide and happiness.. I haven't read that in like two months... fuck....

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I remember reading angst tech all the time a couple years ago. Just fell out of reading it one day, can't say why.
    It stopped in mid-2005, Barry's heart had come out of it about a year before that. He abruptly quit and then stumbled around with updates after that. Last I knew he was switching careers (he was pretty old for a webcomic guy, upper 30s IIRC) which is why he dumped out of it. It was a pretty funny strip for a long time, as was his paintball-themed comic (can't remember the name).

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yeah, I'm not gonna starve or anything, but it's going to be really embarrassing having to ask my Dad for money. I thought I was past all that.

Don't, if your father is anything like mine he gives to his son out of love. You are his flesh and blood and sometimes people stumble.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    preview post is your friend

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    BLARGH BROKEN LINK H-SCROLL BLARGHHHHHH

Satan. on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Well, in that case embarrassed is better than starving. I hope everythings gonna turn out well (and soon!).

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

That broke your H-scroll? Hehehe that's so cute.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ITT Satan runs at 640x480

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Man I fail to see the problem with some people getting their fuck on.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    guys guys

JETPACKS

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

That broke your H-scroll? Hehehe that's so cute.

Yeah I'm on the laptop, 1024x768 for me.

Satan. on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    guys guys

JETPACKS
    About time. Do you know how silly I look waiting for the bus in my Rocketeer helmet?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    guys guys

JETPACKS

Cool, but only getting 10 miles of use is a bit of a downer. We need better fuel usage.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ITT Satan runs at 640x480
    Hurr. See above. On my main computer I run 1680x1050.

You'll all be cowering in fear when I'm running 2560x1600 in early January.

Satan. on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Indy people like questionable content for the same reason weaboos like megatokyo. blatant wish fulfillment.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
This discussion has been closed.