As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Does having multiple accounts on a computer slow it down? [Solved, lock, please.]

jdogmoneyjdogmoney Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
That is, to any marked degree?

I say no, it's whatever files you download/are temporary internet files/Norton that make the machine more sluggish, and not simply having another account available.

My brother-in-law says yes; having another account slows the thing down unforgivably.

This might save me the hassle of typing in a few URLs, as opposed to clicking on links at the top of the Firefox window...you can save me a tiny bit of effort, if I'm right.

[The only real difference I see is I prefer a Pastafarian background on me desktop.]

jdogmoney on

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There can be a minor degradation when multiple accounts are logged in, but all components of accounts, such as the registry and settings, hang out in files, out of memory when not in use. There shouldn't be any degradation from logged out accounts.

MKR on
  • jdogmoneyjdogmoney Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    There can be a minor degradation when multiple accounts are logged in, but all components of accounts, such as the registry and settings, hang out in files, out of memory when not in use. There shouldn't be any degradation from logged out accounts.
    Thank you.

jdogmoney on