As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

XBLA + Duke Nukem 3D = Some ass kicking with little or no gum

DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomedCanadaRegistered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
So looking around IGN today, I saw this
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/845/845449p1.html I thought this was pretty neat...If not totally awesome!
Duke Nukem 3D that classic game released in 1996. Which depicted awesome catch phrases, lots of blood and gore, and best of all nudity!

nukem.jpg

Features:
- 4 player online co-op!!! woot
- 8 player online deathmatch!!! woot...again
- Boobies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...I'm really happy and I don't know if this qualifies as rumor or not or what, but apperntly there "sources" are the guys who are working in collaboration with 3DRealms on DNF, so yeah I can hope.

dukenukem3d.jpg

DukeNukem3d-DoomedSpaceMarine.png

I'll get to putting some nostalgic pictures up in a bit just at work :P

Dixon on

• MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Im going to play this ALOT.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh man... oh man oh man...

I ain't afraid a no Quake

Einhander on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dixon wrote: »
    apparently their "sources" are the guys who are working in collaboration with 3DRealms on DNF.

working?

LewieP on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Playing cowboy is hard work, Lewie.

Einhander on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    apparently their "sources" are the guys who are working in collaboration with 3DRealms on DNF.

working?

I thought you were pointing out a grammar mistake or something and then I realised it was a joke lol...yeah it's been a long day. Can't wait though I hope they use that HD texture pack that was released or something

Dixon on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Imagine if you downloaded this and it turned out, in fact, to be Duke Nukem Forever.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    4 player co-op Duke? Multi-Duke?

Bought.

Shake it baby.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah, co-op will be some real fun. Bought also.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Imagine if you downloaded this and it turned out, in fact, to be Duke Nukem Forever.

*Bonner*

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sweet. I never got to play the PC version all that much - just the N64 one, back in the day.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited January 2008
    What would be good, is if they released it with the Atomic pack or whatever. I never got to try that with the extra scenario. Maybe some custom content too...there was some solid stuff out there.

EDIT: Also I need a clever OP title...so help me out here lol

Dixon on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Woot! Looking forward to this!

Although my favorite part of Duke Nukem was getting to make/ download maps for it. Doubt that'll be possible.

UEAKCrash on
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Imagine if you downloaded this and it turned out, in fact, to be what they've been calling Duke Nukem Forever.

Dartboy on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What would be good, is if they released it with the Atomic pack or whatever. I never got to try that with the extra scenario. Maybe some custom content too...there was some solid stuff out there.

Yes I really would like Duke Nukem Atomic. It would be kinda fucked if they released DN3D and then imediately after charged a few hundred points for Atomic...

I'd still buy it... Along with all the other expansions. Duke it out in DC.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited January 2008

Yes I really would like Duke Nukem Atomic. It would be kinda fucked if they released DN3D and then imediately after charged a few hundred points for Atomic...

Yeah that was the expansion I kept thinking about, I just have pictures in my head of the white house and stuff...I couldn't remember if it was official or user content

Dixon on
  • falling_stonefalling_stone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    OMFG this is so fucking boughten.

i mean, holy shit. Why did this take so long!?!?

WHERES MY MOTHER FUCKING ICO WHILE WE'RE AT IT!?!?!

falling_stone on
    This sig is too small - Elki :P
    snowfalling.jpg
  • NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man, this best be true, or I'm going to have to ruin someone's day.

Noray on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Yeah that was the expansion I kept thinking about, I just have pictures in my head of the white house and stuff...I couldn't remember if it was official or user content

I believe that was user created map pack... It might have been sanctioned by 3D but no made by them.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited January 2008
    blatant speculation:

Wouldn't this be great if this was indeed the "i'm sorry" hush money for those of us who had our XBL outages over the holiday?

falling_stone on
    snowfalling.jpg
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Red'd for "A Sony property, so never gonna appear on the Xbox 360 unless Microsoft buy Sony"?
    ICO remake for XBLA in 5 years confirmed.

LewieP on
    edited January 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »

I believe that was user created map pack... It might have been sanctioned by 3D but no made by them.
    I bought it in store and payed money for it. Must have been one hell of a map pack for 3DRealms to put their name on and sell retail.

The_Spaniard on
  • DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i kind of hope Duke3d gets added to steam with updated controls like doom 2 did. that would be super.

Drakmathus on
    edited January 2008

Red'd for "A Sony property, so never gonna appear on the Xbox 360 unless Microsoft buy Sony"?

LOL well played sir, well Played.

falling_stone on
    snowfalling.jpg
  • Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This game made me who I am today.
    Best news ever.

Can_Calyx on
    Those Days Different.
    edited January 2008

It would be cool if it was like a duke pack and came with the original duke games, those games were pretty sweet...in fact they should released all there old games, commander keen, and halloween harry

Dixon on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would play the crap out of this. Duke multiplayer was so fun.

zilo on
    edited January 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    I would play the crap out of this. Duke multiplayer was so fun.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Duke Nukem 3D was like the only game I played for a whole year once it came out. Played through the single player mode at least a trillion times, on every difficulty (except the easy difficulty), and spent countless hours tying up the phone line on my 28.8 modem against my friend in multiplayer - cooperative and deathmatch.

And then once we were tired of those levels?

We started downloading the hundreds of user maps available online. Actually, not hundreds, just the good ones that were voted upon by websites as being truly good (there were a ton of crap DN3D user maps [No I don't want to deathmatch in the middle of a buggy, glitchy, over-sized version of your stupid house!]).

And then when we'd exhausted most of those?

We started making our own levels, and the process started all over again.

Build Editor ftw.

slash000 on
    edited January 2008
    Too bad we wont be able to build maps on the 360... :(

MistaCreepy on
    edited January 2008
    I know. But there is so much awesome in DN3D by default that it's incredible. Far more than enough to be worth it, far more than enough to keep someone playing for many many many hours.

slash000 on
    edited January 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    I know. But there is so much awesome in DN3D by default that it's incredible. Far more than enough to be worth it, far more than enough to keep someone playing for many many many hours.

It would be awesome if 3DRealms added some of the best user content to the package, like the washington levels...I mean they seem like the type of company to do that, but I guess if we're going off that premise it might also never come out lol

Dixon on
    edited January 2008
    Too bad we wont be able to build maps on the 360... :(
    I know it's a stretch, but who's to say that you couldn't? I mean tumbsticks for mouse and buttons for all the needed actions.

The_Spaniard on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Obligatory link to the DN3D theme song.

Zxerol on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    FUCK YEAH!

Undead Scottsman on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Will SiN be released for XBLA first?

(damnit, I can't find the sign!)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited January 2008
    slash000 wrote: »

It would be awesome if 3DRealms added some of the best user content to the package, like the washington levels...I mean they seem like the type of company to do that, but I guess if we're going off that premise it might also never come out lol

That would be cool, but unlikely.

Also, those Washington maps were not user-created content. That was a third party expansion pack that was sold at retail; "Duke it Out in D.C."

slash000 on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I remembered reading a quote from Broussard a while back, saying that they were basically ready to go with a DN3D port for Live Arcade, it just needed the say-so from MS. I reeeeeeeeally hope that MS weren't dumb enough to pass that up, and this is the result.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited January 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    I remembered reading a quote from Broussard a while back, saying that they were basically ready to go with a DN3D port for Live Arcade, it just needed the say-so from MS. I reeeeeeeeally hope that MS weren't dumb enough to pass that up, and this is the result.

Yeah thats what the IGN article was saying they were waiting for and apparently they got the nod of approval from MS, so there saying it should be out within the next few months...maybe they'll release DNF at the same time and surprise us all!

Dixon on
  • Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is awesome! What about Blood/Shadow Warrior? I'd pay my weight in HD-DVD's.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Will SiN be released for XBLA first?

(damnit, I can't find the sign!)

potd060511.jpg

'course it should probably now say "Oh snap! We going to be stuck making casual games for the rest of our lives!"

Undead Scottsman on