As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trouble playing DVDs...

deigamandeigaman Registered User new member
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hai there, long time lurker, first time poster.

And the problem that prompts my first ever posting is a little strange. I'm having trouble playing DVD-Rs and some other DVD movie and games, a specific example being Neverwinter Nights 2.

The strange thing about it, is that other DVDs work just fine. I can watch my Scrubs, play other DVD games, etc. However, whenever I start up Neverwinter Nights 2 (after successfully installing and updating it) nothing happens whenever I hit 'play'. I check my processes and I can see nwn2.exe, but that's about it. What's worse is that no other processes (including shut down) will start after I do this, leaving me with little choice but to hardboot.

DVD-Rs never work, including both empty discs and discs with data on them. Whenever I pop one in and click on my drive, explorer freezes up.

Installing new drivers don't work.

This is all very strange, and I'm hoping the problem lies within my DVD drive.

I'm using MAD DOG MD-16XDVD9.

Does anyone have any ideas?

deigaman on