As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XBL vs. Greenhouse paythrough

VolKazVolKaz Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I know that both the LIVE and Greenhouse versions of the game cost the same, but which version nets PA and Hothead more money? I know that running Greenhouse must be expensive, and I have heard bad things about how much money LIVE gives to devs for each point spent.

Help me help you, guys. Which version do you want me to buy?

EDIT: I realize that this could be a delicate situation. I understand that denouncing one version of the game would be a terrible idea. I'll just get them both :)

VolKaz on

• Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You need to read/search other threads before you ask a question like that.

Edit: They want you to buy whichever version you prefer so that you have the best gaming experience.

devoir on
  • Options
    chowder_monkeychowder_monkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Can they even answer a question like that? It would seem like Microsoft would not be too pleased if they said, "The Xbox version is terrible, don't buy it!"

chowder_monkey on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It was answered in another thread that Greenhouse will net them more cash, but you should buy it on whatever system you prefer.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Presumably, we're all here because we value gaming, so no one wants to see anyone making compromises with it. If you're really concerned about giving PA money you can always buy some swag from the PA Store, too.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    NoelVeigaNoelVeiga Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It IS a good question, though, even if it can't be answered legally.

I expect it to be answered at some point, however, since Gabe & Tycho are promoting Greenhouse as their in-house (no pun intended) digital distribution method. If it has advantages for creators I expect to hear about them at some point, right?

For the time being, however, it's true, when somebody puts out a product it's bad business to promote one incarnation of it over another.

Unless you're Valve, apparently.

NoelVeiga on
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I bought the game straight-up on XBLA, then tried the Greenhouse demo and found that the controls are much smoother and the game can be played much more quickly (good or bad? You decide!) on the PC version. I like how you don't have to walk up to things to examine them if you use a mouse.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png