As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo II minimizing?

LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so my friends and I were gonna start playing Diablo II together, so I grabbed my disks and reinstalled the game. Everything went smoothly, no errors or anything, so after I had both the main game and the lord of destruction expansion installed I tried to play and it started the opening cenimatic but then immediately minimized itself. I click the minimized game and its at the main menu, but then it immediately minimizes again. I have no idea whats wrong, it happened with Mechcommander 2 as well, but I didn't care too much when it happened there because I wasnt really interested in replaying it. Keep in mind, I have run both of these games successfully before so I dunno what is wrong with it all now.

Anyone have a suggestion to what I can do to fix this?

Lardalish on

• Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    When that used to happen to me on my old computer, I would alt-tab back to the game and rapidly click my left mouse button. Don't ask me why it worked but it did . . .

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    JeiceJeice regular
    edited May 2008
    Are you running Vista? Vista and Diablo II have problems with each other and I had to install something else in order to play Diablo II again.

Jeice on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tried the rapidly clicking thing, no luck.

Im running windows 2000.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Try windowed mode. IIRC, add -w to the shortcut command line. ("c:[stuff]" -w)

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down