As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alright, my wireless card is having problems. Help?

QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
For some reason, my computer and my recently broken-up wireless card just can't seem to get along. I recently put together a new PC and took the wireless card from my mom's computer, since her's is hooked up via ethernet. However, for some reason it freezes my computer (usually during the Windows scrollbar at boot). It boots fine with the drivers installed but no card, and vice versa, but it freezes whenever I have the drivers and card installed together. So any advice from the crowd? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Here are my specs:

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L mATX
2GB OCZ Platinum Rev.2
XFX 8600GT
E2180
WD 500GB GP
Samsung SATA DVD drive

The wireless card is an AT&T Plug&Share 6500G, like in the link. I'm using the drivers from the included CD.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
QuarterMaster on

• Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Update: It appears to work fine when I boot into safe mode and disable the card, and then re-enable it once I've booted back into Windows. However, once I restart it just does the same thing again. Any help with this would be awesome! :)

QuarterMaster on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]