As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The worst kinds of pests

CruixCruix Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey H/A, I've replied to a few things here but never made a post for help until now, so. It's summer in Florida, which means .. well .. like any other season in Florida, bugs. Usually I never have a problem with this. I keep a very clean apartment -- don't leave trash sitting around, clean up my dishes almost right after use.

Despite all of this, I am plagued with this new problem: Roaches. I'm going down to the office building tomorrow and I'm going to get them to come up and spray, but I'd really like any kind of additional advice on dealing with these suckers. I know all about how hard they are to get rid of once they do show up, and if I could wish for one thing it would be to never see these guys again.

I'm going to go out tomorrow after I go to the office and grab some things, but there are too many choices. RAID, bug traps, etc. etc. -- do you guys have any opinions on what will work best?

I want to kill them and I want them out of my apartment as soon as possible. It makes me feel unclean just knowing they're lurking. Thanks for your time, guys.

housesig2.gif
Cruix on

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Boric acid. Just little trails of it in the corners of rooms and the like. Roaches bring it back to their nest, where it is eaten, then the roaches die. :D

edit: Useful website regarding the use of Boric acid.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Do you have any pets? This is important.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn