Options

What you want is here, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Come to me.

• Options
    goc_singoc_sin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm definitely going to start carrying a shogun around for mutants from now on. Never did in the past since my pack is always too full of crap leaving me on the edge of being weighed down. This leads me to the question... If I leave items in a storage box, will they be there when I came back?

goc_sin on

Noob Gamer Shirts
    Sin's Oblivion Expanded Light Armor Kit 3.0
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They *should* still be there, I have heard certain boxes that are supposed to spawn ammo can cause some issues if you use them as a stash. Didn't use them much in my first playthrough after putting in a 150kg till slowed weight mod. Would like to know this also as I plan on using them more on second play through (once game is a bit more stablish and hopefuly oblivion lost is ported).

Also if you are going to tote a shotgun just for mutants you really only need to keep buckshot in your inventory, if i recall correctly slugs are for armor penetration and darts are for range, both of which only become viable if the shotgun is upgraded for them (disabling it from using buckshot)

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yorker wrote: »
    Daemonion wrote: »
    Also, just cause I gotta say it again. All my troops have fucking desert eagles.

Sweet vid, but it bothers the shit out of me to see people holding their weapons incorrectly.

Not to mention how fucking impractical and overused in videogames that gun is, nobody that was actually expecting to have to use their gun in a combat situation would pick a fucking desert eagle.

I find shooting it just frustrating after the first few "wow" shots.

Something that has just as much kick and I enjoyed shooting much, much more:

IMAGE_014.jpg

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    goc_sin wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Best advice for taking out Bloodsuckers:

Shotgun....apply directly to the forehead

Do most people carry a shotgun? I never seem to keep one around since I am always shooting from a distance.

I love shotguns. Always have one. My favorite is an upgraded Hunting Rifle that still shoots buckshot, that thing can headshot from pretty far and is very effective against animals. However, the 1-2-reload can mean death in the zone, so now I have an upped Spas-12 (not sure what it is called in game). I only use buckshot, never those shitty slugs or dart rounds.

[edit] double post, suck my nuts

Daemonion on
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tim James wrote: »
    Not to mention how fucking impractical and overused in videogames that gun is, nobody that was actually expecting to have to use their gun in a combat situation would pick a fucking desert eagle.
    There's only one type of person dumb enough to pick a Desert Eagle -- a bandit. ;-)

Actually a desert eagle makes perfect sense for the zone. Its obviously not a weapon you'd use against humans, thats what the the AS VAL they're carrying is for.
    That gun is a hand-shotgun, and is exactly what you need to have when you're under attack by pseudogiants or bloodsuckers.
    You need something that will take down a massive lumbering high body mass mutant in one shot. The eagle is exactly the right pistol for that. You dont have time to plink away at it with a fucking ppk, because odds are you're only going to get one shot, because that fucker has just launched himself at your god-damn face.

And before people go "NO LULZ YOU JUST USE A REAL SHOTGUN!"
    Yeah could try that. You could try carrying around two large guns, one in your hands, and one in your backpack, and you'd be a fucking moron.

When you hear a bloodsucker roar, that is not the time to go sorting through your fucking backpack.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A real STALKER knows when he's in a location that will have bloodsuckers and has the shotgun ready. Because he's played the game like 500 times... or maybe he has a connection to the zone or something.

vhzod on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I mean yeah two guns works great if you're playing a video game, but if the zone was real that would be a pretty terrible idea.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If The Zone was real I'd fucking be there right now.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fuck yeah.

*Internet high five*

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'd want to wait until they got the suits and anomaly detectors worked out first but hell yeah I'd be there.

vhzod on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd be there too! Well not actually inside the Zone...more like right outside it, selling the coffins used to package your corpses when their hauled back in the bed of some undistinguished pick-up after the Zone rejects you.

Everybody wins...well except you guys.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Everybody wins...well except you guys.

Mountain men always win. I was made for The Zone.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wish stalker had a two-gun rifle slot, like crysis.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tim James wrote: »
    There's only one type of person dumb enough to pick a Desert Eagle -- a bandit. ;-)

Actually a desert eagle makes perfect sense for the zone. Its obviously not a weapon you'd use against humans, thats what the the AS VAL they're carrying is for.
    That gun is a hand-shotgun, and is exactly what you need to have when you're under attack by pseudogiants or bloodsuckers.
    You need something that will take down a massive lumbering high body mass mutant in one shot. The eagle is exactly the right pistol for that. You dont have time to plink away at it with a fucking ppk, because odds are you're only going to get one shot, because that fucker has just launched himself at your god-damn face.

And before people go "NO LULZ YOU JUST USE A REAL SHOTGUN!"
    Yeah could try that. You could try carrying around two large guns, one in your hands, and one in your backpack, and you'd be a fucking moron.

When you hear a bloodsucker roar, that is not the time to go sorting through your fucking backpack.

A shotgun or rifle with stopping power is what is needed not a useless hand cannon.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so I just got the scoped AK for the first time. if you right click on it in your inventory you can detach the scope....but how the hell do you put it back on or put it on a different weapon?

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Basticle wrote: »
    so I just got the scoped AK for the first time. if you right click on it in your inventory you can detach the scope....but how the hell do you put it back on or put it on a different weapon?

You can only add attachments to weapons you have equiped. Not to ones in your inventory. For some reason.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SoC question - are artifacts always spawned or do some of them require you getting close to anomalies ala clear sky. I can see them spawned from a long distance away, I just notice SoC seems to have a lot more artifacts and anomalies compared to Clearsky (makes sense storyline wise) and would hate to think I am missing some because I didn't get close to each anomaly.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I sold that one Jellyfish artifact you get right at the start and cannot find any other antirad artifacts. Anyone care to help? I'd settle for another Jellyfish. (I mean in CS btw)

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    I sold that one Jellyfish artifact you get right at the start and cannot find any other antirad artifacts. Anyone care to help? I'd settle for another Jellyfish. (I mean in CS btw)

I found a very good one at agroprom, on top of a hill north of the entrance from Garbage.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I found a very good one at agroprom, on top of a hill north of the entrance from Garbage.

Handily enough I just got to Agroprom. Stopped for the night when the Duty group I was following encountered a Bloodsucker which glitched, becoming no-colliding, invincible and completely still, while all the Duty guys kept shooting it.

That's only the first bug I've come across though.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Handily enough I just got to Agroprom. Stopped for the night when the Duty group I was following encountered a Bloodsucker which glitched, becoming no-colliding, invincible and completely still, while all the Duty guys kept shooting it.

My directions were a bit off, here is a map:

antiradartygg5.jpg

It's in the middle of a bunch of dangerous anomalies, be careful.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How long is the first STALKER? I just know a bunch of aweosme games are coming out, need to know if I need to get a move on. I just

found Ghost in Lab x-16 and now have the info on what to shut off and shit to head North.

Took me about 14hrs to get there, with plenty of side quests and wandering around. I am also ranked #1, does that get me anything?

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    How long is the first STALKER? I just know a bunch of aweosme games are coming out, need to know if I need to get a move on. I just

found Ghost in Lab x-16 and now have the info on what to shut off and shit to head North.

Took me about 14hrs to get there, with plenty of side quests and wandering around. I am also ranked #1, does that get me anything?

it's hard to say, you could fininsh in say, 5 hours or 15. it's kinda the halfway point, though.

And I recommend you follow the STRELOK quest-line, not only the "get to the center" one. I think the next step now is visiting the Guide in Cordon.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7283/antiradartygg5.jpg

Them's the best kind of anomalies!

Seriously I love searching for anomalies in this game. More difficult than in SoC where they're just lying around, but then they're all much more useful, since they don't reduce defence or whatever. Least none of the ones I've seen have.

I'm still using the Clear Sky armour, how soon till the SEVA is available? I don't wanna buy some new stuff if I'll be getting the SEVA soon. I've just gone to Agroprom to
    find Fang's group's stash.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

it's hard to say, you could fininsh in say, 5 hours or 15. it's kinda the halfway point, though.

And I recommend you follow the STRELOK quest-line, not only the "get to the center" one. I think the next step now is visiting the Guide in Cordon.

Ooooooooo, I actually through Strelok was hte main quest line. I am tending to do a few of the timed missions in an area, then I do the non-timed missions and see where it takes me. The amount of traveling now is getting to be a bit much, they need a teleport in teh game or a vehicle.

I liked the atmo, but at this point, I"m sick of running back to the barkeep through glitchy spawns where 20 dogs will come after me or 20 STALKERS. That got old QUICK.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I think the artifacts are semirandom. They appear in the same place, but which type of artifact appears there is different in each game.

vhzod on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Seriously I love searching for anomalies in this game. More difficult than in SoC where they're just lying around, but then they're all much more useful, since they don't reduce defence or whatever. Least none of the ones I've seen have.

I'm still using the Clear Sky armour, how soon till the SEVA is available? I don't wanna buy some new stuff if I'll be getting the SEVA soon. I've just gone to Agroprom to

You can buy a SEVA from the Loner trader if you join them. That means you could have gotten one a long time ago.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Ooooooooo, I actually through Strelok was hte main quest line. I am tending to do a few of the timed missions in an area, then I do the non-timed missions and see where it takes me. The amount of traveling now is getting to be a bit much, they need a teleport in teh game or a vehicle.

I liked the atmo, but at this point, I"m sick of running back to the barkeep through glitchy spawns where 20 dogs will come after me or 20 STALKERS. That got old QUICK.

No, the main questline will send you to the Scorcher next, while the Strelok questline sends you to talk with the Guide at Cordon.

And WTF, I never had those spawn issues, are you playing with OL installed?

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

You can buy a SEVA from the Loner trader if you join them. That means you could have gotten one a long time ago.

Kinda wanting to join Freedom though. So could I join the Loners, take them to full strength or whatever, then join Freedom? Do the Loners and Freedom fight each other at all?

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Kinda wanting to join Freedom though. So could I join the Loners, take them to full strength or whatever, then join Freedom? Do the Loners and Freedom fight each other at all?

Yes, you can, and no, I don't think they ever fight.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

No, the main questline will send you to the Scorcher next, while the Strelok questline sends you to talk with the Guide at Cordon.

And WTF, I never had those spawn issues, are you playing with OL installed?

I don't know what OL is, but I do have the mod pack that is in the OP. It happens right near where u would zone into the next level, just a ton of the same monster/stalker will pop up and attack you. Kind of annoying.

Ah, very cool on the Main vs. Strelok. Glad you told me, I was kinda leaning towards the Scorcher cause I thought STrelok would lead me to end game when I am not done exploring yet.

Thanks!

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

There's another one in the anomaly field just northwest of the Freedom base in Dark Valley. It's right outside the base wall.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Monger wrote: »

There's another one in the anomaly field just northwest of the Freedom base in Dark Valley. It's right outside the base wall.

I found that one, I don't think it was an antirad though.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    blindiblindi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Artifact spawns are actually random and what artifact you find in an anomaly field is determined upon the first time that you enter an area and what kind of anomalies are in the anomaly field (radiation and whirlgig will often spawn anti-rad and +weight artifacts, chemical anomalies +health, fire anomalies -bleeding and electro anomalies +endurance and so on). At least that is the conclusion that I have drawn after numerous tries.

And about the SEVA suit, if you don't join the loners the earliest that you can buy it is in Agroprom at the Duty Camp from what I have heard, though it is usually very expensive (+25000 RU). I always buy mine at Yantar (ca 20000 RU), having not joined any factions I can get it fully upgraded at the Bandit Base (Kevlar tree is ca. 50000 RU, psy tree is ca. 60000 RU) if you have found all the necessary flashdrives that is.

blindi on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well thanks for the tip-off, found that anti-rad artifact. Then I went off to join the Loners and no sooner had I joined than I got a message saying they were ready to attack the base. But there's no Loners anywhere near the bandit base. Will they show up, and if not, will it still count if I kill em all myself (with the help of the Duty guys nearby)?

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I had the same problem. Just save while it's bugged and reload to fix it.

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    blindi wrote: »
    Artifact spawns are actually random and what artifact you find in an anomaly field is determined upon the first time that you enter an area and what kind of anomalies are in the anomaly field (radiation and whirlgig will often spawn anti-rad and +weight artifacts, chemical anomalies +health, fire anomalies -bleeding and electro anomalies +endurance and so on). At least that is the conclusion that I have drawn after numerous tries.
    Yeah I was gonna say this too. They are random and I've even had artifacts in anomalies change on me after a reload.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    In Clear Sky, are the artifacts random? There seems to be a set amount.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    if theres one thing about this game that pisses me off its that you cant talk to people when they have weapons drawn. I just helped Fanatic kill the Mercs at the camp and need to go talk to him to finish the mision but he and all the other loners are staring off to the south pointing their weapons at some phantom enemy that isnt there. I dont know if they're pointing at the military chekpoint at the edge of the cordon or what but I've run around the area for 10 minutes trying to find what they're worried about and theres nothing. Finally in frustration I saved the game and then shot Fanatic in the head with a .45

then I quickloaded and did it once ..er twice......errr 20 times more and then quit the game for the night.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm a little worried that no-one is talking about Clear Sky in the STALKER thread... is it shit? I just ordered it yesterday...

Mr Ray on