As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hrm. "Final" Bosses.

Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?!Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I was looking back on all of the more or less "last" boss kills that I've been a part of during my entire on-and-off love affair with MMOs and the list was regrettably low. That sparked a fairly odd question that's been on my mind for a while now: What are most of the current "final" bosses in things like Age of Conan(if it even has any)? Vanguard? Tabula Rasa? I've never seen the middle of most of these games, much less the very end. So has anyone played to the current end-game of even something like Lineage 2, Sword of the New World, or EverQuest 2 and gotten deep enough to at least experience what's been placed there as the latest ultimate goal?

Liquid Ghost on

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In EQ2 most of the end fights involved a notorious NPC from Everquest Lore. Darathar, The GodKing, Taranax [was originally in beta files labled Keraphym till they changed it], Mayong Mistmoor/Wuyoshi, Venril Sathir/Trakkanon. Most of these fights in EQ2 were heavily scripted raids and unless everyone was in sync a few mistakes was a quick trip to the floor. Although alot of the earlier raids like Darathar and Godking now are exceptionally easy now with AAs and what have you. Alot of them proved challenging for their tier and if you managed to beat them as a team you felt a good amount accomplishment for beating them when they were the end game of the time.

Never made it to real end game in any other game. I guess you could say I did in wow but never wanted to put in the time for raids in WoW cause of school at the time.

Psychotic One on