As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting something delivered on a *specific* day

wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had less than zero luck with this on the UPS and FedEx websites, so I'm hoping one of you fine ladies or gents has some practical experience with this.

My long-time friend and I have known each other for exactly ten years this November, and I'm wanting to send him a little something to commemorate a decade of us wanting to strangle each other but neither of us ever having a convincing alibi. I've picked out the perfect gift, but I won't be in the country to deliver it myself, and shipping it from abroad would be prohibitively expensive (and unreliable, to boot). Ideally, I'd like to send it out before I leave, but because of the nature of the gift, it would be MUCH more meaningful if he got it on the exact day we met. My first thought was to have my sister overnight it to him the day before, but I'd imagine they would require him to sign for it, and he works 8 to 7 most days.

So!

I know UPS and FedEx both allow you to schedule a specific day for them to pick up an item, but does anyone know of a delivery service that allows you to schedule (well in advance) a specific day to deliver something?

wasted pixels on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You could get in touch with a local friend of his, mail it to them, and they can drop it off.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    nomenome Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You could send it express with a signature waiver. Then he won't have to sign for it.

nome on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    You could inquire at your local UPS Depot. I work at a UPS Store, and in occasions similar to yours, we usually have the customer leave the package with us, wait until the day previous and overnight it. They might be able to do something similar.

Orikaeshigitae on