As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

External HD question

BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a Western Digital MyBook 500 GB. It was all fine and dandy before I took a 4 hour flight with it in my carry-on. Now that I am at a new location with a new computer, I plug it in and Windows recognizes it (I see it under Disk Drives in Device Manager) but I cannot see it in the "My Computer" list. What's wrong? I can see it on the Safely Remove Drive thing on system tray as well.

I have like all my photos on it (like 10+ years) so I would cry like a little girl if I can't get it working :(

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

Basar on

• Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    First, the dumb question...how long did you wait before you gave up? For whatever reason, my guitarist's external hard drive takes 3-5 minutes to register on my laptop's My Computer even though the Safely Remove thing comes on.

Don't worry about your stuff it's definitely still on there, worst case is you plug it into someone else's comp to get the stuff off. Though it goes without saying that you should have two copies of anything you care about.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Right click on My Computer, choose Manage, and then click on Disk Management. If you see the drive in there, right click on it and assign it a letter. My guess is that will get you fixed.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162