Options

Yet another ultimately futile attempt at a Boston gathering.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For Sunday I still vote we find an awesome sports bar and watch the game. I do know how hard it is to be a heterosexual guy around here though, so I understand if I'm outvoted.

Javen on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    For Sunday I still vote we find an awesome sports bar and watch the game. I do know how hard it is to be a heterosexual guy around here though, so I understand if I'm outvoted.

There's always an open barstool for you at the Brickyard.

Namely because Chelsea can't sit there, but hey, it's open!

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Have you discovered new and fun places that will serve you? For if want to be eating and drinking we may have to head back to Beer Works, not that I'm opposed.

Edit: When I hear Brickyard I think of NASCAR :/

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Again?! I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of most Boston pizza though there is a place I know that makes a great Sicilian.

Does it require going all the way to the north end? Cause I'd rather avoid that. Though if we did I'd vote for Antico Forno

But for downtown what about the Upper Crust on Newbury? Or Pizza Mangia?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Actually if people wanted we could bring the party to my place. We could order pizza from Pizza Mangia and I have beer and could get more

And then we could play Rock Band 2

And I'm on the Green Line so Dave can't get lost.

And I don't have to leave my warm apartment.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I can't stand Upper Crust, way overpriced and overrated. I can't eat pizza next to hipsters either, I'm allergic.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Actually if people wanted we could bring the party to my place. We could order pizza from Pizza Mangia and I have beer and could get more

And then we could play Rock Band 2

And I'm on the Green Line so Dave can't get lost.

Where are you again?

Edit: I may skip out of class early as opposed to 9.

PPS: Joe's out because he keeps putting off his submission and it needed to be in like last week.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Brookline Village

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I mean there's an upper crust here in coolidge corner too. And a couple of bars. And a REAL irish pub a block from my apartment.

WE HAVE IT ALL!

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dave's the one who's going to have to travel the most so I leave it up to him.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I mean there's an upper crust here in coolidge corner too. And a couple of bars. And a REAL irish pub a block from my apartment.

WE HAVE IT ALL!

what matt murphys? i never liked matt murphys

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I honestly don't care where we go. I'd be perfectly happy going to Matts place and just chilling out with some beers and rock band. Saves the hassle of trying to find a place that isn't beer works or the grille that'll let me in.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well it's your show as you are the visitor, but if you wanted to go to my place, just hop on the C train towards Cleveland Circle. Get off at Coolidge Corner. You will see a big bank of america. Go in the direction down Harvard St. You'll pass a stop and shop and then a walgreens. My apartment building is the building across the street from that. 83 Harvard.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Matthew Otaku Inquisition Suppository, were you aware that you live very close to Sarah VisionOfClarity's place? I mean it's not walking distance when the weather's in the 20s but we go down to Beacon fairly often. They have the only female-centric sex shop I've ever been in.

Also a shitty GameStop and a very decent New England Comics location.

P.S. Ever been in Super Fusion? Pretty tasty sushi place.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well it's your show as you are the visitor, but if you wanted to go to my place, just hop on the C train towards Cleveland Circle. Get off at Coolidge Corner. You will see a big bank of america. Go in the direction down Harvard St. You'll pass a stop and shop and then a walgreens. My apartment building is the building across the street from that. 83 Harvard.

this is the green line right?

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

It is. Green Line - C

Don't take A, B, D or E as they go other places. Strange places.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Yeah. If you go to North Station look for trains going Outbound and when a train arrives it should say on the LCD display by the door if it is a B, C, or D. Take the C (it'll be the one going towards Cleveland Circle). Ride it out to Coolidge Corner. You can always text me when you get above ground and I can come meet you at the T stop.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Matthew Otaku Inquisition Suppository, were you aware that you live very close to Sarah VisionOfClarity's place? I mean it's not walking distance when the weather's in the 20s but we go down to Beacon fairly often. They have the only female-centric sex shop I've ever been in.

Sniff. What's wrong with my Gamestop. That's where I get all my midnight releases.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dudes there are okay but they have dick for used games/peripherals, which is the ONLY reason I buy from GameStop... that and the midnight release of GTAIV.

They're kind of a giant, evil, megalomaniacal corporation to me ever since they took over Babbages and FuncoLand and changed their business model.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah the more I go there to trade stuff in to buy new stuff the more I realize how much I hate them.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    there's different letters, damn that's confusing.
    i'll leave in a little bit.

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The alphabet, one of the Irishman's many weaknesses.

Just be thankful we don't go by numbers. You might take forever looking for the line of an arboreal variety.
    Sorry, who could resist

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    well

once we get past 2 we kinda lose it.

too many trees

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

coolidge corner also has fugakyu for sushi

pricey but ridiculously good

this thread makes me miss boston :( (though i will be back next week)

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    By the way, does anyone know of any good places to eat around Kenmore/Fenway? I've got an exam tomorrow afternoon and I need to get out and eat to relax since I've had way too much work to do this week and haven't had any free time.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    unpurposed wrote: »
    By the way, does anyone know of any good places to eat around Kenmore/Fenway? I've got an exam tomorrow afternoon and I need to get out and eat to relax since I've had way too much work to do this week and haven't had any free time.

Eastern Standard is great but expensive.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    alright i'm leaving now, i'll see you in a bit Matt

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Petit Robert Bistro?

There's a string of restaurants along Commonwealth as you head towards the city away from Kenmore and BU

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm not leaving Park St until 9 so you better save me some pizza.

PS: Matt PM your cell it's cheaper than texting Dave.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Petit Robert Bistro?

There's a string of restaurants along Commonwealth as you head towards the city away from Kenmore and BU

You mean the opposite. Comm Ave towards the city is Back Bay brownstones.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ok guys my classes end is not in sight. I'm not going to be joining you fellas tonight :/ There's always tomorrow.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

There's always an open barstool for you at the Brickyard.

Namely because Chelsea can't sit there, but hey, it's open!

I'm living on borrowed time.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dave when you get this just know that when you snore you sound like the combination of a feminist chainsaw being revved amongst a gang of feral cats whilst a demon from the deepest circle of hell attempts to tear a hole between this world in the next as the moans of the damned escape through the rift of space and suffering.

Also I am willing to pay any sum of money to help me stash the body. I'm thinking the Fens, any other suggestions?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nah, Fens is pretty good. Nobody ever goes there so you'll get away scott-free.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Jonathan Coulton tonight, who's going?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I should have warned you Matt. I'm sorry.

What time is it at Vision? I might drag my friends who're coming up to visit me to it.

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    where are the pictures

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    8pm and tickets are $20. It's at the Paradise on Comm Ave at the Pleasant St stop (on the B-Line).

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    FAQ wrote: »
    where are the pictures

what pictures?

nobody is taking any.

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular