As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick Singstar Question

maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what?New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Okay, so my sister received Singstar as a gift from her husband a few months back. He has a PS3, an 80GB model that has (I believe) software backwards compatibility, because I saw him playing the PS2 Max Payne on it.

Well, basically the new Singstar "expansion" "Singstar Country" hit the shelves a week or so ago and I'd like to get it for my sister, because she's a country music fan and what have you, but I'm a little wary about this. Will the PS2 Singstar work on the PS3? More importantly, will it work the the PS3 mics?

Anyone know this before I go wasting my monies?

FU7kFbw.png
Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
maximumzero on

• Options
    astroboyastroboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have an 80GB MGS bundle PS3 w/software bc and have played PS2 SingStars on it without any problems. I believe the mics are the same, too. (I don't know if it's true of the software bc units, but I have seen the 60GB PS3s hitch on Paint It Black on SingStar Rocks! for PS2).

Go ahead and get SingStar Country for your sis. You'll be fine.

astroboy on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: PlayerOne
    My Collection
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just make sure you have or get the Red Blue, -> usb adapter standard singsar mics. You can't use any generic usb mic. (like rockband mic)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.