As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No Sound In Opera - Solved!

thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So up until this morning my browser of choice, Opera, has played sound. When I woke up this morning and tried to browse Youtube, however, the videos all play in slience. After searching the communities at Opera, I found a couple of troubleshooting tips, but still no sound.

Yes, I tried F12 and enabling sound (already enabled). I also updated Opera, uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Flash Player, and then restarted my computer but still no go. Music and sound still play on all my other applications, just not Opera.

What's the problem and what can I do to fix it?

thanimations on

• Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you running Vista? I have seen someone turn off their sound in IE, but it was on for all other applications. If you are, right click on the speaker in your taskbar then click open volume mixer. If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RedDawn wrote: »
    Are you running Vista? I have seen someone turn off their sound in IE, but it was on for all other applications. If you are, right click on the speaker in your taskbar then click open volume mixer. If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure.

Well shit, how did that happen? Thanks!

thanimations on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd imagine it is a key stroke, but I haven't figured out what it is exactly. Glad I could help.

RedDawn on