As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Need help blocking Hotmail inbox spam

Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
My Hotmail box is my usual junk email address but there is one address that is sending me dozens a day and I can't figure out how to block it.

The address says that it is from the following:

and then some random email address in some random language after the behalf of bit. I have tried putting the yahoogroups bit in my blocked senders but it is still coming through.

Anyone have any ideas on how to block this?

Clipboard03.jpg
I KISS YOU!
Lord Jezo on

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I know whenever I set up a block in my e-mail client I forget to tell it to block when the message contains x rather than when it equals x. Make sure you don't have it looking for an exact match.

MKR on
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I tried but Hotmail tells me that "yahoogroups" is a domain that I am not allowed to block.

Which is shit, but it's what I am dealing with. Their filters and options suck hard when compared to gmail.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
    edited December 2008
    :(

Am I doomed? I know Hotmail is the best but I really thought I could do something to fight Spam, especially Spam coming from the same person day after day.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I set my hotmail to put EVERYTHING in the spam box. Then I check the spam box every once in a while and mark ones that are safe for viewing.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I set my hotmail to put EVERYTHING in the spam box. Then I check the spam box every once in a while and mark ones that are safe for viewing.

I did this too. I only have a spam problem with my older hotmail account, but this worked out.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    moved from G&T.

Echo on
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I could do that, I did actually for a while, but that's sort of the final solution.. I was hoping for something a bit more diplomatic. Hotmail makes me mad. I keep the account because I have had it since 1996, I have a soft spot for it.. I don't want it to die just yet.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I used to get spam in the inbox of my hotmail a long while ago but they've gotten better at filtering the obvious stuff. To get rid of spam before, I'd block the IP address of the sender which worked like a charm. To do it I'd turn on full headers, find the origin IP and stick that into the blocking list. Dunno how well it'd work now.

Fake edit: I just tried to turn on full headers in hotmail, and it's either nonexistent or buried somewhere. I guess that option's out. :?

Woggle on