As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cushion me! (Chairs)

Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..."a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been ruminating about buying myself some kind of "big ticket" items for Christmas, and I was kind of thinking about getting another 19" monitor for a dual monitor hookup, and getting a nice new desk chair (what I have right now is basically a hard wooden chair like you'd sit on at the dinner table, which is incredibly uncomfortable after a certain amount of time).

Is there anywhere in particular I should be looking? I don't want to go down to Staples and get stuck with a crappy hunk of plastic.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
oE0mva1.jpg
Mike Danger on

• Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you have a Costco membership or know someone who does, buy one through them. They generally have a pretty good selection of chairs for amazing prices and with astonishing return policies - I had a seat split on a chair after a whole year of use, and brought it back to a cheerful lady who said I could just go grab a new one.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Herman Miller chairs are pretty sweet. If you don't mind dropping anywhere between $500-$1,000 on a chair. They are so worth it if you sit for multiple hours at a time.

(edit: please don't think that I have ever bought one for myself, but I did have one at work.)

RUNN1NGMAN on