As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dead laptop battery could screw me - suggestions?

oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So my laptop battery is dead. I didn't consider it urgent as never really need to use the laptop on battery power anyway. I figured I'd wait and get the rents to buy me a new one for Christmas or something.

A friend of mine just brought up a really good point that's got me worried. Finals start tomorrow, for which I intend to use my laptop. Unfortunately the outlets in the classrooms tend to be a little loose, thus increasing the likelihood that a cord is accidentally kicked or bumped out of the power outlet. If this happened, my laptop would shut off and I'd probably lose some of my work, not to mention valuable time.

My friend suggested getting duct tape and taping the cord into the outlet firmly. Anyone have any other suggestions, or should I just knock on wood?

oldsak on

• Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Your best bet would be to sit as close to the outlet as possible so you can make sure nobody trips it. Your battery is completely 100% dead as in it cant hold even a 5 minute charge? those 5 minutes would let you plug it back in if it came loose.

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Completely 100% dead, I tested it.

The outlets are spaced evenly so theres one for every two seats. I plan on getting there absurdly early so i can get a seat in the back corner for the exam so nobody will have any reason for walking past me

oldsak on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's ironic that I pop my battery out when I use my laptop at home to preserve battery life, but that I end up tripping the cable once every few weeks anyway >_>
    Best of luck to you =)

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down