As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I only hope the site not letting me log in means they're adding the games to my account.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is frustrating.

I know what I believe to be my username, and I know what e-mail address is associated with it, but I can't for the life of me remember my password and the reset password form isn't working for me.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    Homestar GunnerHomestar Gunner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not working for me. Tried every combination screenname/e-mail/password. I'll try again in a few days; site's probably getting a lot of traffic right now.

Homestar Gunner on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guys, guys, guys.

I think we broke it.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Guys, guys, guys.

I think we broke it.

My heart is what is broken.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So annoying. If they had never changed the stupid site, my PC's firefox history would fill in my username/pass for me. I made that account years ago, before I started streamlining all my usernames/accounts so I remember them easily (prefix + common word, etc). So.. it could be aaaanything.

Forget your password? Click here! OH NOES! Unexpected error! (We didn't expect it!)

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Site lets me log in now, but still no games.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    And we're back to "coming soon". Hahahaha!

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    And we're back to "coming soon". Hahahaha!

You sure? I'm registering games as we speak...except they all come back as "Already registered"

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm gonna call em tomorrow. I don't think they intended to not give you coins for games you've already registered. That would be quite the piece of bullshit.

The site seems to be borked right now though. It took me quite a while to get my password reset, and even now it's sometimes telling me to re-login and it denies me. I'm in now.. and my gigantic list of registered games pops up... but no coins and nothing in my "to-do" list.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    I'm gonna call em tomorrow. I don't think they intended to not give you coins for games you've already registered. That would be quite the piece of bullshit.

The site seems to be borked right now though. It took me quite a while to get my password reset, and even now it's sometimes telling me to re-login and it denies me. I'm in now.. and my gigantic list of registered games pops up... but no coins and nothing in my "to-do" list.

If the games are showing up in your list, go to "Earn Coins" and each game should have a link to the survey you need to complete.

The site's still ten kinds of borked, though, and I'll be darned if I can even get to any of my surveys.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So I checked my games list, and City Folk isn't registered. And it's not accepting the code in the box.

Thoughts?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well I transferred my account and found my list of products registered (25 of them), but no coins awarded or surveys to fill out. Then again, the site is slow and judging by everyone's comments is probably not all the way up and running yet. I'll wait and call in a week or so if things remain the same.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BAH! BAH i say!

I have TONS of shit registered with nintendo.

and i get 0 coins for all the stuff i have done.
    Damn them for getting my hopes up and dashing them right away.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Guys.

Guys.

Read what I said like three posts ago. You WILL get points for the games you have registered. You need to click on "Earn Points", and then fill out the survey for each game. I've got a couple hundred points already, and I'm still filling out surveys.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Guys.

Guys.

Read what I said like three posts ago. You WILL get points for the games you have registered. You need to click on "Earn Points", and then fill out the survey for each game.

And where would I find surveys?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Guys.

Guys.

Read what I said like three posts ago. You WILL get points for the games you have registered. You need to click on "Earn Points", and then fill out the survey for each game. I've got a couple hundred points already, and I'm still filling out surveys.

Under "Earn Coins" there is a To-Do list but it's empty.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh sweet.. now it doesn't show my games or consoles on the left at all.

Edit: When I first created my account (using my old nintendo email so it said it had "updated" it or whatever) all my shit was listed on the left.. and I could click there and see my entire list of registered stuff. Under "earn coins" there were no surveys or anything.

I read in the Club Nintendo FAQ about linking my account to my shop channel, and I didn't remember doing that... I went on my Wii and saw my username there, so I must have. It also said I could unlink and always relink later... so I unlinked and relinked my account, thinking it would "refresh" all my shit and give me coins.

Instead, my Club Nintendo now has absolutely nothing... including all my DS and GBA stuff.

I'm thinking the site is just fucked.. I'll try again tomorrow.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Guys.

Guys.

picture1me6.png

Can please tell me if I'm going blind?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Touche.

Come on Nintendo!

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It does exist, but the site is all sorts of wonked. I filled out three surveys, went to click on the fourth, and got booted back to the log-in screen, and have been there for the last 5 minutes.
    But I did get the coins, so just be patient.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    It does exist, but the site is all sorts of wonked. I filled out three surveys, went to click on the fourth, and got booted back to the log-in screen, and have been there for the last 5 minutes.
    But I did get the coins, so just be patient.

I'm registering all the shit I havn't registered yet.. and I'm getting coins... sometimes it boots me back to login though and I need to start again.

Hopefully I'm not somehow fucking up any chance of getting coins for my previously purchased stuff.

PS: WiiFit gets you 80 coins!

Figgy on
  • Options
    BrymBrym Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It let me get in and fill out one survey for a game I had registered (and the others were all on my to do list). But, then it made me log in again, and now it won't let me in.

So yes, I think the site is having issues.

Brym on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't seem to get it to reset my password. I will give it a shot another time.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I can't seem to get it to reset my password. I will give it a shot another time.

When resetting it, use your username instead of your email.. and make sure the email field is left blank.

Figgy on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am unable to locate my old account. Thankfully i didn't register much at all. But its giving me errors when I go to re-register. damnit, I will just have to wait.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    if I registered any of my stuff on an older account, will that make it impossible to register it again in a new account?

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    if I registered any of my stuff on an older account, will that make it impossible to register it again in a new account?

Probably, since people would abuse it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Yes, the registration code is unique to the product it's printed on, you cannot just reuse it. You should probably call them to get your account info if you've forgotten your username/password/etc.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    that's what I figured. I'll keep trying...I'm pretty sure I registered my wii, so I should be able to guess the info. Seems like the site has stabilized, too.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I have like 30 things registered in my account information but nothing on my To Do list. That stinks, maybe it's just a problem with the Nintendo site as everyone is saying.

Rei on
  • Options
    StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't have any of my old stuff registered :( Gunna give it a day or two and email 'em.

Stregone on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    well, I figured out my old info, but it's tied to a no-longer-existing email, and I can't retrieve it. Perhaps I'll call about it in a couple days.

So do we know how the points are distributed, ie how much registering a wii gets you compared to a game?

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    well, I figured out my old info, but it's tied to a no-longer-existing email, and I can't retrieve it. Perhaps I'll call about it in a couple days.

So do we know how the points are distributed, ie how much registering a wii gets you compared to a game?

Read the op, bottom paragraph.

Dusda on
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rei wrote: »
    Man, I have like 30 things registered in my account information but nothing on my To Do list. That stinks, maybe it's just a problem with the Nintendo site as everyone is saying.

Same here. My Wii, VC titles, and the couple of DS games I bothered to register are listed but no coins or to do list. I wonder if after this is all sorted out if going back and registering older titles (GC and GBA games for example) will earn coins.

powersurge on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ah, how handy. So is console information missing, or do they not give points for registering consoles? I'm kinda hoping the latter, because I was just wanting to have my wii registration for the new account.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Darn, all the games already registered in my account only totaled 510 points. Guess I've got to go searching through my game cases to see which ones have unused codes. At least everything on the site is working more or less fine for me (although no VC games showing up).

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm Tetris DS and Phantom Hourglass aren't showing up in my To-Do list. The site is being so crappy right now though that I'll just blame it on that.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have a theory: Nintendo has god knows how many MyNintendo accounts to transfer over, right? If I were to design a successor to that, like Club Nintendo, I would have the forethought to consider the problem of processing what could be hundreds of millions of previously registered products. To do something that intensive at the same time as transferring an account would, well, add several orders of magnitude more processing to each account at the same time.

One way I could choose to handle would be to add the newly transferred account's registered product list onto a queue with everyone else, where a certain number of accounts would be batch processed at a regular interval, separate from the site. That way the site doesn't get bogged down performing a bunch of unnecessary (mission-critically speaking) work.

This approach would explain why some of us are seeing the surveys and some are not.

Dusda on
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've got my Wii, vc games, and a couple of DS games registered yet nothing on the to do list so I think its borked right now. Hopefully they fix it soon so I can bum rush it with my backlog of unregistered games.

powersurge on
This discussion has been closed.