As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ripping music off an iPod?

eric.eric. __BANNED USERS regular
Hey guys, I recently reformatted (for the umpteenth time now) my XP-based computer, and could not back up my computer, as I had a virus that completely fucked with my ability to boot the computer, even to safe mode, so it was impossible to save my music files. I had no extra computer to put my HDD into to back them up either. So I have an iPod thats' registered to my computer before it was formatted, and I have almost 6,000 mp3s that I really do not feel like re-downloading. Is there any possible way I can put them back onto my computer? I have tried manually going into my iPod's folders using explorer, and I can copy some mp3s, but after a couple of them transferring, I get an error saying "cannot read from the source disk", so that isn't an option, sadly. If anyone knows of any other way to do this, it'd be a huge help.

thanks.

eric. on