As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If you are being yelled at or something don't take it personal, it's just the game.

Also what warban said.

M.D. on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    warban wrote: »
    Only Etiquette I care about is if people play or not.

We ain't needing no rule book of what we can and can't say in a reasonable fashion

Because that's just silly

Gumpy on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I don't know what I would do if I couldn't be a phalla-dick.
    I don't know what I would do if you couldn't be a phalla-dick.

Wildcat on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ...okay... that should do it. If someone wouldn't mind giving me an idea if my game's balanced or not, I could end up running this thing as soon as a mini-slot that hasn't been promised to someone else opens up. Someone mind giving me a hand?

I'm also working on a full-size phalla, but it's far from done.

EDIT: Screw it. I'm going to check with the main phalla's runner and put it up if I get an OK. I'm confident in the stats of my mini, and if I crash and burn, well, them's the breaks.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I'm also working on a full-size phalla, but it's far from done.

That's great and all... but there's a huge list at the beginning of this thread. You might want to get yourself on that list. And you have to be patient... it'll take forever to get to your turn :P

crimsoncoyote on
    edited January 2009
    Maybe we should have an upcoming mini-phalla list of about, say, ten or so games. It looks like someone else beat me to the open slot that was made when TF2: Two ended.

But what the hell, I'll put my name on the main list. I don't have a setting yet, but I do have a bit of it figured out.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Maybe we should have an upcoming mini-phalla list of about, say, ten or so games. It looks like someone else beat me to the open slot that was made when TF2: Two ended.

Read, we do this often and realize that rule came from Thanatos.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited January 2009
    I'll just wait and hope I get the next open slot. Just gives me an excuse to go over it again and check balance.

I'm just looking forward to running a game. I think I have a great idea, but someone beat me to the open slot. Someone beat me to getting it.

EDIT:
    ...you know how you think you have everything ready to go, and then you re-read your mini, and then you find out that maybe the potential for seven kills a night in a mini involving 30 people isn't a really good idea, and that you really really hope no one sees you feeling this foolish? Yeah, I'm there. Got to change that.

Man, I feel lame.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Read, we do this often and realize that rule came from Thanatos.

Not just that, but there was a lengthy debate about it at one point.

I should add that link somewhere. This topic does come up often.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited January 2009
    ...well, at least I was able to do something useful.

My Mini's back on the design table. Originally, it would have been thirty people. Only my sense of balance is terrible. The total amount of kills each day would have ranged from four to six. Then the vote. Seven kills a night = your phalla not lasting more than three days. That would suck and make me look like an even bigger moron than I do now for thinking this thing was ready to roll, much lest balanced. I don't really want to cause a lot of drama if I don't have to.

I apologize. I'll go re-work it and hopefully come up with a better game instead of one that would get me stranded on a deserted island in the Pacific.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Switch all your Vigs to two groups

Half half as even day Vigs and the other other half as odd.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    Hmmm... I'm taking another approach. Max 30 player game, can start with as few as 22. 22 divided by seven gives us 3 point whatever, so let's go two small groups of five as goods and bads with twelve villagers.

Each side gets a kill, in addition to the vote... I'm thinking one to three kills a night. That's reasonable. Each side and the village also get a /seer and a /guard to make it interesting... and I think that's a balanced game.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jayson, you seem to be assuming no overlap in kills. Seems a bit absurd to assume that with seven kills a night (we'll assume six) and thirty players that there'll be no overlap whatsoever.

Hylianbunny on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I all ways assume max kills every night. But that is why my games some time run over a day or two.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So quick interest check. I've been thinking awhile about revising and rehosting my Zombie Apocalypse mini, but I want to know if anyone would actually want to play that over a normal mini, next time I get around to hosting one?

Rend on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    So quick interest check. I've been thinking awhile about revising and rehosting my Zombie Apocalypse mini, but I want to know if anyone would actually want to play that over a normal mini, next time I get around to hosting one?

I would love to work with you on my zombie main game coming up soon.

If you want too.

Toxic Toys on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I missed out on your last ZA game, and would love the chance to participate in a new one Rend, I thought it was a cool concept.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
    edited January 2009
    Should I go with either eight or ten bad guys in a three- faction game? I'm thinking two fives working against each other and 15 to 20 villagers. Village gets a vig, a seer, and a guard, in addition to the vote, each faction gets an auto-kill, along with a seer and a guard. One to four kills a night. In case of overlap, two to three a night. Much more managable.

So, let's say I went with a 30 person game and had two factions, each with five people with win conditions of 'eliminate the other faction and equal or outnumber the remaining villagers'. The factions get a free kill a night as a faction ability, a seer, and a guard. The village gets a vigilante, a seer, and a guard, plus the vote kill. Village win condition is to get rid of both factions.

Factions start out masoned with a proboard.

Not really going for recruiting in a 30-person game, because it'd wreck the mechanics up fierce.

So, is it balanced?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd be inclined to limit the seering abilities of your factions to give just team, no roles, while giving the villagers full seering.

And your village feels underpowered/outnumbered; even with the two factions gunning for each other, you're looking at one third of the people in the game being enemies of your majority.

Darian on
    edited January 2009
    So I'll knock it down to eight bads and add another vigilante to the village. That should work.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »

I would love to work with you on my zombie main game coming up soon.

If you want too.

Sure!

Rend on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Should I go with either eight or ten bad guys in a three- faction game? I'm thinking two fives working against each other and 15 to 20 villagers. Village gets a vig, a seer, and a guard, in addition to the vote, each faction gets an auto-kill, along with a seer and a guard. One to four kills a night. In case of overlap, two to three a night. Much more managable.

So, let's say I went with a 30 person game and had two factions, each with five people with win conditions of 'eliminate the other faction and equal or outnumber the remaining villagers'. The factions get a free kill a night as a faction ability, a seer, and a guard. The village gets a vigilante, a seer, and a guard, plus the vote kill. Village win condition is to get rid of both factions.

Factions start out masoned with a proboard.

Not really going for recruiting in a 30-person game, because it'd wreck the mechanics up fierce.

So, is it balanced?
    Darian wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to limit the seering abilities of your factions to give just team, no roles, while giving the villagers full seering.

And your village feels underpowered/outnumbered; even with the two factions gunning for each other, you're looking at one third of the people in the game being enemies of your majority.
    So I'll knock it down to eight bads and add another vigilante to the village. That should work.

Ehh, you're starting to get into the problem of power creep there. If you're set on a 'Mafia vs. Werewolf'-style 30-player game with 'traditional' specials, then lose the seer and guard for the minority factions. The seer is the village's best tool in a Phalla game, and giving one to the baddie factions allows them a big advantage in being able to influence the way the village acts. Meanwhile, the guard has its greatest power when it has a network to work with, and considerably less when alone. Giving one to the baddies skips the step where a guard needs to find reliable others to protect.

My gut tells me that having a four-player 'Mafia' (1 kill per night, no other abilities), four-player 'Werewolves' (1 kill per night, no other abilities), and 22-player village (w/ Seer, Guardian, Vigilante) is closer to the realm of balance. I'd actually be more inclined to reduce the 'Mafia' and 'Werewolf' factions to three players each, while also reducing the village size slightly as well. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also try your hand at having asymmetrical groups or less traditional abilities.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited January 2009
    I'll take that. ...okay... now all I need to do is ask permission to run this thing.

...I might go down to 25 players, in which case I'll just drop the two factions to three players each.

Thanks, guys.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The main game has ended, and there is only one mini currently active.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Signups on Wednesday, so I don't have to deal with settin' up everybody with me at class and my co-host at also class.

And settin' up everybody's gonna take me a loooong night, I think!

Obbi on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    Signups on Wednesday, so I don't have to deal with settin' up everybody with me at class and my co-host at also class.

The PokePhalla, then?

LaOs on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yesss. I just caught Mewtwo in Leaf Green like five minutes ago. I can practically feel the epic already~

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've got a mini ready to go as soon as I'm kicked out of the Obbi Pokemon game - but will not be posting it until at least 1st February (assuming there are mini slots left!)

Micro on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just to vent a little bit about it further, inactivity sucks and inactive people suck and I will definitely be including the Inactivus Hungers bit in any future games I run.

Quoth on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think Inactivus shall be represented as an extradimensional soul-eating abomination in Phallakinetic. It'd fit the setting!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I was ready to go on a mini, but I'll be working late all week and possibly next so I'm gonna put it on hold.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, the waiting list is long enough that I'll probably know how to run a Phalla by the time it gets to me.

!Sign Up with the theme of [Phalla]sophy.

So many ideas.

The Lord of Hats on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, the waiting list is long enough that I'll probably know how to run a Phalla by the time it gets to me.

So many ideas.

I feel obliged to offer my services for this, seeing as it's my major. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A philosophy phalla would be geekily amazing. I call the Kant role. 8-)

So it seems I'm unlucky number 13 on the main list. Really should run a mini or two beforehand...

Burnage on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fatal Fury would be ideal. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

So many ideas.

Don't make my mistake and go with Randian Phallosphy. I feel sorry for subjecting people to that.

Thetheroo on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You could just edit your original post to remove the Sign Up from it. Or at least remove the lime, particularly if it hasn't made it into the OP yet.

edit: Deleting the post apparently also works :P

Darian on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm going to tentatively !sign up to run a game. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it work, but I figure I should sign up now if I want any chance of running it within the next decade.

The theme is classic newspaper comics, i.e. roles like Calvin, Garfield, Charlie Brown, etc. My goal is to do the narrations as series of unedited-but-out-of-context comic panels, which could be a lot of fun.

Cantide on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I'm going to point and laugh.

But Dusda, look for a sign up thread. A Pokemon phalla sign up should be going up soon. Just watch for it.

Toxic Toys on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    LaOs wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »

The PokePhalla, then?

Actually it's called Phallamon and I-

..wait, what the?!

pokephallabanner2zw2.png

Aw man! Somebody messed with my sign!

SIGNUPS ARE CANCELED DUE TO SIGN SHENANIGANS

Obbi on
This discussion has been closed.