As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mutant Future] The Vault of Dr. Sinferno (Now OOC Thread)

124»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rest assured that I am suitably embarrassed by this question: How do I roll for hit in this one?

roll 1d20 + bonuses you may have if any

Egos on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Twenty feet isn't even as big as a lamp post.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

A mutated Red Wood tree would be awesome.

Egos on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Don't be sore just because you don't get to deal 4d10 damage.

Deal so much damage that even mindless undead flee in terror.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    TimbuktuTimbuktu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Egos- I was messing around with character sheets over at Obsidian Portal (cuz Im a geek) and I realized one of your mutations is incomplete.

Intellectual Affinity has three subsets. Roll a 1d6 over at Invisible Castle to determine what your speciality is.

This is embarrassing because I once played an apeman with this mutation who was a tinker extraordinaire.

Thanks.

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I noticed that too, at the time I tried to remedy it the night after or so I posted it but Invisible Castle was down :(

I'll try now

edit:
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1938485/ -1d6 → [1] = (1)

for some reason when I'm using Firefox, Invisible Castle freezes up so I have to switch over to Safari( I'm on a Mac). Firefox has been having all this trouble loading pages..I'm curious what the deal is.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Since I have a slow lunchtime here's a character sheet I put for my own reference over at Obsidian Portal. Not that Mutant Future is so info laden but its nice to have.

Just got one up so here's Felix

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I like how his most common quotes shows up at the bottom of the screen.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yea I like the effect, too. Been playing around with Textile, the lightweight markup language the site uses, and its easy to mess with.

I prettied up the sheet a little. I'll do everyones over the next few days. I just like having everything on the same template. I may even do a wiki about the campaign world for fun's sake.

I have to say Obsidian Portals a pretty good site. I heard about it late via Wired and here at PA. But it really uses the social network model to provide a no frills framework that is easy to use to communicate with a group. With a few more tweaks this could really take off.

Better than anything Wizards could ever do anyways.

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ok I put up everyones charsheet here, at my campaign main page.Obsidian Portal's become my new web toy. Check for any glaring errors if ya want. The party is located in the right sidebar.

I'll probably update Monday or Tuesday, should you need timne to investigate or form a plan o' action.

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I have to say I took for granted how amusing the titles were.

Sassy Talking Sunflower

Egos on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    2 things I learned from this fight:

1) The sling is pretty sucky, should have gone with a crossbow.
    2) Next time the robot hears a buzzing sound, we need to go into battle positions immediately.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh shits. Spiders.

It is safe to say that in this encounter, I will not be climbing any trees but you, Garglamash. <3

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I would like to open up a portal to a dimension that Garglamash considers relatively 'safe' directly beneath the pig thing

Can I do that

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I would like to open up a portal to a dimension that Garglamash considers relatively 'safe' directly beneath the pig thing

Can I do that

I would say so. The rules dont specify a range, but I assume that if you can see the space where you want to open a portal, you can open one.

By underneath do you mean physically beneath the suidoid and the web or on the ground?

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Timbuktu wrote: »

Can I do that

I would say so. The rules dont specify a range, but I assume that if you can see the space where you want to open a portal, you can open one.

By underneath do you mean physically beneath the suidoid and the web or on the ground?

Right beneath him, such that he would fall through the portal.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ok, I have now completed my anal retentive work on everyones character sheets over at Obsidian Portal. I have included movement and encumbranc for everyone, which assumes you are all carrying the stuff you own-Jacques mule notwithstanding.

Anyways, I welcome any feedback in regards to the game, or complaints. Let me know. I think everyones doing great considering we just started. I eagerly await the unleashing of your powers....

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    OK, canon check. In Mutant Future: Since we're dealing with spiders, would people generally assume that we are dealing with spidergoats, or is that not an automatic assumption in this setting?

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    OK, canon check. In Mutant Future: Since we're dealing with spiders, would people generally assume that we are dealing with spidergoats, or is that not an automatic assumption in this setting?

There are (canonically speaking) giant tarantulas and giant black widows; as well as devourers (pig/spiders) but I don't know if they actually shoot webs.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, OK.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It is one of the beauties of a new game that what is "canon" is sort of new to everyone. The old hat isnt always old hat. This can be for dangerous for characters, but fun for players.

Webs can in this world imply spiders or spidergoats, the olive color could imply a porcine devourer or something else.

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Everyone, sadly I am going to have to bow out of the game. Real life and changes in my schedule of travel have made keeping up with the game problematic. This plus the often unavaliabilty of wi-fi have made it difficult to keep connected. I don't see any betterment of the situation in the near future.

I apologize, as this change was unexpected. I appreciate everyone's open minds toward the game and your involvement.

Thanks again everyone.

Timbuktu on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It was... interesting. Thanks for running it. (JacquesCousteau Curse)

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I will be filing Felix away for future use.

Thanks for running this, Timbuktu. :-)

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Garglamash will thank you.

But then, unfortunately Timbuktu, he's going to have to shuttle you away to a prison realm to live out your days in agony. :(

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well I'm sad to see it didn't work out, it seemed like it would have been a humorous game . And even though its ending, I thank you for the brief period Timbuktu.

Time to go drink some Synthihol

Egos on