As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MotW 01-28-09: Plan B is in Spain

LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Graphic Violence
Best Plot Twist moment of the week: Daredevil. The Lady Bullseye arc ended this week.
Who would've thought that the Hand wanted Murdock as their leader! Sweetness.

Sucks that White Tigress and Tarantula are still under Hand control.

Best Ongoing Monthly moment of the week: Captiain America. Holy shit, why is Ed Brubaker so awesome? Oh and Natasha delivers.

Best Art Moment: Wonder Woman. The two-page spread of Diana, Donna, and Cassie in their full body armor with the gorilla soldiers was fantastic. Someone needs to post a scan.

Lucascraft on

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CROSSED #3 and DAREDEVIL for me, for entirely different reasons.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Someone actually reads Crossed? I thought it existed purely to gross people out and invite ridicule.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    but fuckin RAPE ZOMBIES man

Munch on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it's

not that good

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Meh, I like zombie or zombie-like monsters, what can I say.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    but fuckin RAPE ZOMBIES man

Makes you wonder what other famous monsters might be improved if given a tendency to rape. For instance, what if Abbot and Costello met the Mummy and then he raped both of them? Then Frankenstein comes in and says, "Grrr, looks like you're having a party..."

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think Daredevil #115 also wins the moment of the week for best cover:
    Daredevil115cover.jpg

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wow, that is pretty cool.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Makes you wonder what other famous monsters might be improved if given a tendency to rape. For instance, what if Abbot and Costello met the Mummy and then he raped both of them? Then Frankenstein comes in and says, "Grrr, looks like you're having a party..."
    WIDE ANGLE PANEL
    Two men wade through knee-deep swamp water. Leafy vines hang from gnarled, twisted trees, and the air is thick with mosquitoes and the stink of decay.

SFX: Ba-da-ding-da-bing-da-bong..
    HERSCHEL: Y'hear that? Whatchoo think that is Sammy?
    SAMMY: Ah-- ah, dunno Herschel. Sounds kinda like-- banjos?
    CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON: You boys look a might bit lost. Now let's you just drop them pants.

Munch on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    WIDE ANGLE PANEL
    Two men wade through knee-deep swamp water. Leafy vines hang from gnarled, twisted trees, and the air is thick with mosquitoes and the stink of decay.

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON: You boys look a might bit lost. Now let's you just drop them pants.

Fund it

Furu on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Best Art Moment: Wonder Woman. The two-page spread of Diana, Donna, and Cassie in their full body armor with the gorilla soldiers was fantastic. Someone needs to post a scan.

http://i40.tinypic.com/i1k6ja.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

http://i40.tinypic.com/i1k6ja.jpg

Did someone provide her with a set up, or did she say that randomly?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That is pretty cool

Her villain is still ultra-horrible though I mean eye-spike goggles?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sadly, it was just a very cheesy line. But thank you for posting the image. I love the look of all 3 sets of armor.

Actually, Agent Tresser had a good line in Wonder Woman. Something about the "Justice Teens." I thought it was comical.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nova

fuck you, Worldmind

FUCK

YOU

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nova

fuck you, Worldmind

FUCK

YOU
    Yeah, heard he got jacked there. I think it's gonna be fun to see the Nova Corps implode eventually.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Spoiler for Nova?

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Spoiler for Nova?
    Ego is the new Xandar (literally, Nu Xandar) and Worldmind has pretty much reconstituted himself as Ego. Rich goes to clear his head where he meets the F4, who scrambled after Ego showed up. They have a chat, which is interrupted by Rich's annoying ass brother and Worldmind, where Rich finds out the strain of the entire Nova Force could be driving him insane. Rich relents, and returns to Ego to give up the power, but at the last second he realizes something is wrong, and tries to run. As he's flying away, Worldmind zaps him, drains him of the Nova force (all of it, including his Centurion powers) and then teleports him back to his home, naked.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love how they've made the worldmind such a huge asshole. I mean, it's not like he's got any reason to care about Rich the individual.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    New Avengers had a pretty awesome moment when
    Luke Cage smashed the shit out of Bullseye and Venom with the Wreckers crowbar. Even better when Venom appeared as splat on the wall after the hit.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    New Avengers had a pretty awesome moment when
    Luke Cage smashed the shit out of Bullseye and Venom with the Wreckers crowbar. Even better when Venom appeared as splat on the wall after the hit.
    The ending sounds pretty good too with Clint getting upset at the sight of the Dark Avengers and tells everyone to suit up for a rumble.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    That is pretty cool

Her villain is still ultra-horrible though I mean eye-spike goggles?

Well, Wonder Woman rips those off in this issue

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FC7
    Hell the whole damn thing.

Algertman on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    WIDE ANGLE PANEL

Abbot and Costello meet the Soddamummy?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Algertman wrote: »
    FC7
    Hell the whole damn thing.
    The bit at the end from Mandark showing up onwards would have been pretty awesome if it hadn't been such a fucking massive non sequiter.

The page with the two Monitors saying goodbye before they faded out of existance was fucking heartbreaking also

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shit, with just Nova and NA, this week sounds like a win.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    So what do we think will happen with Nova?
    Get new power from another source? Is Worldmind really acting suspiciously? I didn't see any reason for him to think WM was being suspicious about powering up the reserves.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    He'll hook up with Quasar, I'm assuming. As for Worldmind jacking him...well Rich really sorta had it coming. Worldmind nearly died completely thanks to him, and he's been pleading since Annihilation for Rich to go restart the Nova Corps.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    He'll hook up with Quasar, I'm assuming. As for Worldmind jacking him...well Rich really sorta had it coming. Worldmind nearly died completely thanks to him, and he's been pleading since Annihilation for Rich to go restart the Nova Corps.

except that he's said on multiple occasions that he'd like to avoid the slaughter that happened with the previous corps, which is why he wants to make sure that all of the candidates were up to the challenge. like he said in the issue itself, it wasn't so much a matter of if they were willing to be centurions, but if they could stand up to it.

which is why he got so upset in the first place and probably why he sensed that something was wrong

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

except that he's said on multiple occasions that he'd like to avoid the slaughter that happened with the previous corps, which is why he wants to make sure that all of the candidates were up to the challenge. like he said in the issue itself, it wasn't so much a matter of if they were willing to be centurions, but if they could stand up to it.

which is why he got so upset in the first place and probably why he sensed that something was wrong

Yep exactly, Richard might have been more obstinate about it then he needed to be, but the Worldmind is now jumping in to it far to fast.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

It's fairly obvious that Ego voluntarily gave himself to Worldmind that he knew he could eventually influence it, which is why Worldmind wen't from "ehh, you're kinda right about holding off on the new Nova Corps: to "FUCK YEAH LETS GET IT STARTED PRIVATE ARMY YEAH".

Also yes Rich is definatley hooking up with the remnants of Quasar, but it makes me sad because that means somthing bad is going to happent to Quasar, again.

Man just can't get a break, even as an Energy creature thing.

Transporter on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

It's fairly obvious that Ego voluntarily gave himself to Worldmind that he knew he could eventually influence it, which is why Worldmind wen't from "ehh, you're kinda right about holding off on the new Nova Corps: to "FUCK YEAH LETS GET IT STARTED PRIVATE ARMY YEAH".

Also yes Rich is definatley hooking up with the remnants of Quasar, but it makes me sad because that means somthing bad is going to happent to Quasar, again.

Man just can't get a break, even as an Energy creature thing.

Obviously theyll be forming the Quasar Corps to combat the Nova Corps.

KVW on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Then Ricky can form a Quasar ring and a Nova ring.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    And then the Blackest Night! ... no, wait

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You forgot Golden Twilight where Nova's home town is destroyed and he starts killing Nova Corps members and putting on their suits until he's wearing like, 30 of them.

And then they do a cover with him wearing all of them smiling creepily.

Transporter on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Final Crisis was badASS.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You forgot Golden Twilight where Nova's home town is destroyed and he starts killing Nova Corps members and putting on their suits until he's wearing like, 30 of them.

This was the best mental image

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    On the other hand,
    Did Grant Morrison just fucking kill off Mr. Terrific?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I think DnA aping Johns' GL run would be fun to watch.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Htown wrote: »
    On the other hand,
    Did Grant Morrison just fucking kill off Mr. Terrific?

I....am not entirely sure.

Jacobkosh on