This Week's DLC
SpongeBob SquarePants 01
"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey
- I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You
- The Best Day Ever
- Where's Gary?
"Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar
"Geraldine" by Glasvegas
"C'mon C'mon" by Von Bondies
All songs are masters. The Journey, Pat Benatar, Glasvegas, and Von Bondies singles are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track. The SpongeBob SquarePants singles are $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3 song SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01.
Release dates: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360) Thursday, April 2, 2009 (PlayStationÂ®Store)
Next Week's DLC
Toby Keith 01
"Warriors of Time" by Black Tide
- Beer for My Horses
- I Love This Bar
- Sheâ€™s a Hottie
- Shouldâ€™ve Been a Cowboy
- Whoâ€™s Your Daddy?
- How Do You Like Me Now
"Waking the Demon" by Bullet for My Valentine
"New Slang" by the Shins
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Toby Keith Pack 01
Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 and PlayStationÂ®Network
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360Â®)
Thursday, April 9, 2009 (PlayStationÂ®Store)
by Jane's Addiction [Sometime in '09]
by Guns 'n Roses [Sometime in '09]
ROCK BAND RELEASE DATES
Rock Band 1
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now in most
countries for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii depending on the store/location
Rock Band 2
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now for the Xbox 360. March 27, 2009 for PS2 and PS3. April 24th for the Wii.
Australia: No info yet
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
United Kingdom: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
The Big Fat DLC List
Rather than list all the DLC, here is the WikiPedia page that lists all the downloadable tracks available for Rock Band.
These are the albums that have been put up for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance
by Judas Priest
by the Cars
by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Blood Sugar Sex Magick
by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
by MÃ¶tley CrÃ¼e
The Colour and the Shape
by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003
by No Doubt
by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
by Pearl Jam
470 Downloadable songs by April 7th, 2009.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 on-disc tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
627 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2
There are currently four tracks that are absolutely free to download for 360/PS3 and soon on the Wii. You should be able to find them and download them from the Music Store for $0. These tracks are:
- "Still Alive" by GLAdOS
- "Promised Land" by Vesuvius
- "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts
- "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
Along with those songs are the free 20 tracks people can download for buying Rock Band 2. These will be available exclusively to people who own Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii. Please remember to register your code (found on the back of the instruction manual) on rockband.com/bonustracks to be able to download these songs. All songs are masters.
- "Sons and Daughters" by The 88
- "No Regrets" by Authority Zero
- "Prequel To The Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
- "Bounce" by The Cab
- "Get It On" by The Chevelles
- "Give It To Me" by The Cocktail Slippers
- "Database Corrupted" by Dealership
- "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
- "Ashes To Fire" by The Ghost Hounds
- "Young" by Hollywood Undead
- "The Feeling" by Kutless
- "If I Ain't Got You" by The Len Price 3
- "I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
- "Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
- "Magnetic Baby" by Semi-Precious Weapons
- "Like a Fool" by Shaimus
- "Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
- "The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
- "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
- "I.V." by X Japan
The PS2 versions of Rock Band do not allow for DLC. However, HMX was kind enough to put out track packs. There are currently two volumes out. To see what songs are on those track packs, go here
or scroll down a bit more.
ROCKIN' WITH YOUR WII
Originally, Rock Band Wii was a stripped down PS2 port that was quite shameful. In Rock Band 2, you will have a mostly fully featured game with the only limitation being customized band logos and a few other things. Online stuff, World Tour, BOTB, everything important is there in Rock Band 2. Unlike Rock Band
, the Wii version of Rock Band 2
supports downloadable content, and all existing downloadable content will be made available to Wii users over time, with 30 existing songs to be made available at the game's launch. While songs can be stored to both the Wii's internal memory and to an SD card, only those songs in internal memory can be played.
PLASTIC INSTRUMENTS ALL UP INS
Don't know if your gear is compatible? Then have a look at this glorious spreadsheet right here
. [Not maintained by me]
BROWSE BEFORE YOU BUY
Pretty much any on-disc song can be found on YouTube. If you want to see notecharts for DLC or simply want to hear the music, check out the Rock Band DLC Song Database
page. They're usually pretty quick in getting videos up the day the dlc drops.
Harmonix/EA/MTV have been nice so far and allowed people to RMA their broken equipment via EA's Support Site
. After that, you need your reciept to send stuff in. Their live support line is at 1(650)628-1001, 6am to 8pm PST and automated 24hrs a day. Be prepared to submit your receipt to verify purchase. They are currently only honoring a 60 day warranty for Rock Band 2 gear.
PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA
as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay
and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.
Forum Handle / PSN Name
midgetspy / Fiddlehumper
Ketar / Ketar
toolbert / toolbert
Junior Yank / junioryank
Wii Number Insanity
Homestar Gunner 3336-5117-8458
ROCK BAND 2 GEAR
- Quieter fret keys.
- Sturdier strum bar.
- Auto-calibration system in the guitar.
- Radiant wood-finish.
- Improved tilt sensor.
- Not a listed feature but you can connect your drum's bass pedal to activate Overdrive.
- New bass kick pedal is reinforced with a metal plate.
- Velocity sensitive drum heads (no real effect on gameplay so far)
- Cymbal and hi-hat expansion ports (3 cymbals and an extra pedal?)
- New drums are super quiet.
- Completely wireless.
- The Drum Rocker by Ion. Website Available on Amazon. Limited retail release coming soon.
- Basically, a real life electronic drum set minus the drum brain (which is needed to do shit away from Rock Band).
- Currently goes for $299.99 plus any extras you buy with it plus shipping. Drum brain also available but just as expensive as the kit itself D:.
- Extra cymbals are sold seperately via Ion and Amazon.
- Need help getting those cymbals to work properly? Check out this thread for some insight.
OTHER ROCK BAND GAMES
- Unlock All Songs: R Y B R R B B R Y B "Unlock every song in the game!" [Disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
- New Venues Only: R R R R Y Y Y Y "Only Show Rock Band 2 venues!" [Only let's you play in the new venues]
- Stage Mode: B Y R B Y R B Y R "Apply tweaks that are useful for live, public Rock Band 2 performances!" [Enables No Fail, disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
- Awesomeness Detection: Y B O Y B O Y B O "Let Harmonix know that you are really awesome!" [???]
Here are some Rock Band related games or upcoming games to look forward to.
Rock Band: Unplugged
So far all we know is that this will be on the PSP, will be able to use current DLC and it will play like Amplitude in which you tap along with the instruments using the two d-pads and shoulder buttons allowing you to switch instruments during the song. I will post more details when they are made available. It is rumored to be released before the end of the year, possible during the holidays.
The Beatles Rock Band
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack
Release Date: Out now in most regions
Consoles: Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, & the Wii
New York, NY â€“ March 5, 2008 â€“ Apple Corps, Ltd., Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacomâ€™s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced the 9/9/09 worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band (http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com
). The music-based video game, an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles, will be available simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360Â® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATIONÂ®3 computer entertainment system and Wiiâ„¢ home videogame console from Nintendo.
The Beatles: Rock Band will allow fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the bandâ€™s legendary career. In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.
The Beatles: Rock Band will be offered as standalone software and hardware as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.
Available on 9/9/09:
â€¢ The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP
â€¢ The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP
â€¢ The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP
Please note: Pricing outside of the US to be announced at a later date.
Rock Band Japan
In accordance with AC/DC's partnership with Wal*Mart regarding their latest album exclusive, this one off game will only be available at Wal*Mart or Sam's Club stores. The PS2 is set to be priced around $30 while the other versions will be priced close to $40. All versions minus the PS2 one will allow for one-time exporting onto the hard drive/SD-card via a code that comes in the package for use in Rock Band. This game is basically a DLC disc with the entire Live at Donington
set. The game includes the tracks but none of the major options otherwise available in Rock Band although it does contain its own achievements. All tracks are live masters:
- Back in Black
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
- Fire Your Guns
- For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
- Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
- Hells Bells
- High Voltage
- Highway to Hell
- Let There Be Rock
- Shoot to Thrill
- The Jack
- Whole Lotta Rosie
- You Shook Me All Night Long
Harmonix announced that it would be co-developing a Japanese version of Rock Band
with Q Entertainment for an exclusive release in Japan for all major consoles. According to Harmonix, Rock Band: Japan
will be "the first US-originated rock music game to be heavily localized for the Japanese market". A release date has not yet been announced. While the game mechanics are expected to remain the same as Rock Band
, the game will be localized and its soundtrack will include songs by popular Japanese artists.
Rock Band Track Pack Vol. #1
Available for PS2 and Wii. Songs are played off the disc in Quickplay mode with no extra features.
"All the Small Things" by Blink 182
Rock Band Track Pack Vol. #2
"Buddy Holly" by Weezer
"Calling Dr. Love" by K.I.S.S.
"Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore
"Die, All Right!" by the Hives
"Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots
"Joker & the Thief" by Wolfmother
"Little Sister" by Queens of the Stone Age"
"Live Forever" by Oasis
"March of the Pigs" by Nine Inch Nails
"Moonage Daydream" by David Bowie
"More Than a Feeling" by Boston
"Move Along" by the All-American Rejects
"Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Synchronicity II" by the Police
"Teenage Labotomy" by the Ramones
"The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
"Truckin'" by the Grateful Dead
"We Care a Lot" by Faith No More
Available for all consoles. Unlike the previous pack, you can import the songs from the disc onto the hard drive for use in either Rock Band games (except the PS2).
"Afterlife" by Avenged Sevenfold
Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock
"Call Me" by Blondie
"El Scorcho" by Weezer
"Girl You Want" by Devo
"Girls Who Play Guitar" by MaxÃ¯mo Park
"Indestructible" by Disturbed
"It Hurts" by Angels & Airwaves
"Just What I Needed" by the Cars
"Message in a Bottle" by the Police
"Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies
"Rio" by Duran Duran
"Saints of Los Angeles" by MÃ¶tley CrÃ¼e
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Snow ((Hey Oh))" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
"The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails
"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" by Fall Out Boy
"Why Do You Love Me" by Garbage
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" by Judas Priest
"Zero" by the Smashing Pumpkins
Will be available for all consoles like the previous track packs. Similar to Volume 2, you will be able to import songs from the disc onto the hard drive for use in either Rock Band games (except the PS2).
"Peace of Mind" by Boston
"Rock and Roll Band" by Boston
"California Ãœber Alles" by Dead Kennedys
"Holiday in Cambodia" by Dead Kennedys
"All Right Now" by Free
"Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood & the Destroyers
"Funk #49" by James Gang
"Hymn 43" by Jethro Tull
"Let Love Rule" by Lenny Kravitz
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar
"Can't Stand Losing You" by the Police
"Truth Hits Everybody" by the Police
"Closer to the Heart" by Rush
"Red Barchetta" by Rush
"Kiss Them for Me" by Siouxsie & the Banshees
"Take the Money and Run" by Steve Miller Band
"The Joker" by Steve Miller Band
"Love Spreads" by the Stone Roses
"Baba O'Riley" by the Who
"Behind Blue Eyes" by the Who
You want to get all "MySpace" with this shit? Then head on over to the brand new RockBand.com
site and register your account. From there, start dropping friend requests on some folks around here. Check out each others bands and have a look at some of the new additions to the website.
Battle of the Bands
Battle of the Band Challenges
- The main new feature is online Band World Tour. You can also take your band and challenge other bands via the new Battle of the Bands feature. Every day a new challenge will be posted on either the Tour Challenge or Battle of the Bands. As far as Battle of the Band challenges go:
- Your band's score is measured up against another band from your friend list.
- You can also measure yourself against your friendlist on Rockband.com via the Battle of the Bands listing.
- It isn't in real time but the score meter shows you how your band's progress is going.
- In a BotB setlist, your multiplier and leftover Overdrive will carry on to the next song.
- Make sure you read the requirements and rules for each challenge.
- You don't need to be in a full band.
- The PA Band List
- Interested in measuring up against other forumers? Friend them on LIVE/PSN and see who's gunning for top spot. All the scores are saved for the leader of the band on that gamertag. As such, only the leader of the band is listed since we can all sub in for other bands. You can also friend people on rockband.com via your profiles and tracks against their BOTB scores.
Go here, check out the upcoming battles, and compare your scores with other people who are your friends on RockBand.com
Need a friend to compare with? Go ahead and start off by adding my profile
since it'll end up being the PA-community page anyway.
Special thanks to midgetspy, Unbreakable Vow, Shady 3011, quovadis13, mxmarks, Joah, Lunker, Smug Duckling, DarkPrimus and many others for their contributions in going through these threads like starving vultures on a dead buffalo carcass.