As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Speakers won't work

KenninatorKenninator Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
This morning my Logitech V20 speakers decided to not work anymore. I had unplugged them from my usb to listen with my headphones last night, and after plugging them in this morning they no longer play sound. I'm absolutely clueless on what to do. I tried all my usb slots, unplugged my headphones, restarted the computer, and nothing worked. Anybody have any ideas?

Kenninator on

• Options
    CorradojeffCorradojeff Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    Do the speakers get power and data from the USB or just power? If both, make sure that your computer is recognizing that new hardware has been plugged in to it.

Did the speakers come with software/drivers to install?

If the computer is not recognizing it when it is plugged in then it may be a harware issue with the speakers.

Corradojeff on
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do your headphones still work?

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    KenninatorKenninator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I looked on the logitech website, and somebody had the exact same problem as me. They said his speakers where defective and to contact customer service. A friend said to try and set the speakers as the default speakers. So I went into control panel and did that. They work now.

It's just weird, because just yesturday they didn't work in a particular usb slot, but then worked in another, and stopped altogether today. If it acts up again and setting them as default doesn't work, then I'll contact logitech. Otherwise, all good.

Kenninator on