As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Woke up with a sore neck? How to get rid of it?

Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
After sleeping for about ten hours, I woke up and sat in bed while on the computer, laying down with the computer on my lap. When I got up, it now hurts my neck to turn my head a lot of bend my head down.

I have a ton of shit to do today, and this really sucks.

What should I do? Stretch? Move it slowly? Not move it? Ice?

I basically have a few hours to make this go away and I'm pretty desperate. Any ideas?

Chop Logic on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    This happened because you had your head in a weird position from doing that.

It'll go away in a couple of hours. Put some ice on it, and try not to move your head too much.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had a bad case of that the other day. I shit you not it took 2 days to go away.

X3x3non on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

It'll go away in a couple of hours. Put some ice on it, and try not to move your head too much.
    This is possible. The other possibility is that it continues to get worse over the course of the day, until you can't move your head from a slightly tilted position.

I'd suggest taking a couple of your favorite NSAID (acetaminophen/tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanks a lot guys. I took a shower and it got a lot better. I'll take some tylonal or something soon.

Really, I am going to a party and seeing this girl tonight, so I wanted this to go away as soon as possible.

It looks like I'm more on the route to it going away in a couple of hours than it staying around for a few days.

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »

This is possible. The other possibility is that it continues to get worse over the course of the day, until you can't move your head from a slightly tilted position.

I'd suggest taking a couple of your favorite NSAID (acetaminophen/tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen).

This, but acetaminophen is not an NSAID, so take one of the other three.

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Happens to me alot
    Pain Killer!
    Ibuprofen, Tylenol

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • Options
    SoggychickenSoggychicken Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    When this happened to me last time, a buddy of mine who's trained as an athletic therapist did this vulcan nerve grip thing on my shoulder and it got instantly better. If you don't have a friend like that.. i guess painkillers and rest?

Soggychicken on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Uhg... I did the same thing with my back last night. Seriously, it feels like someone hit me with a hammer on one of my ribs.

Anyone have any advice besides pain killers for back problems? Because I already took some and they're not doing shit.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Uhg... I did the same thing with my back last night. Seriously, it feels like someone hit me with a hammer on one of my ribs.

Anyone have any advice besides pain killers for back problems? Because I already took some and they're not doing shit.

Ibuprofen.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Keep it moving (gently). It'll loosen up.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BerserkisBerserkis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    massage a bit - just takes a little time - could be a day or just a few hours.

Berserkis on