As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck iTunes

ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm using a small iPod shuffle as a flash drive to move around some files between my old desktop and my PS3. Every single time I plug the shuffle into the desktop, iTunes opens up (which takes for fucking ever because of how old the computer is) without even asking me if I want it to. I've tinkered with every iTunes setting I could find, but I can't seem to put an end to this, and it's driving me mad.
(It's also worth mentionning that my old 80gig iPod doesn't do this)

Help me retain what's left of my sanity!

I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
ApexMirage on

• Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    1) Connect Shuffle, let iTunes start up.

2) Click on Shuffle over in the nav bar on left in iTunes.

3) Click "Settings" tab at the top-center of the main iTunes window.

4) Deselect the check box next to "Open iTunes when this iPod is attached," at the top of the Options section of the Settings window.

5) Click "Apply" in the lower-right of the iTunes window.

These are for the Mac version of iTunes 8. So update to that if you don't have it already.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    starlanceriistarlancerii Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If you don't like iTunes, I've heard good things about SharePod

starlancerii on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    or songbird.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Or just turning off the option that you had to enable at some point to cause this to happen. Follow RUNN1NGMAN's instructions and post to say if that solved it.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well this is odd. I plugged it in and waited for Itunes to pop up, but it never did. I opened it myself and iTunes asked me if i wanted to erase & sync, to which I told it to get bent. At this point I went to see what files I had on there to back them up if I end up having to, but windows does not recognize it as being connected (not showing up in 'my computer').
    I pulled it out and plugged it back in, at which point explorer.exe crashed (joy).
    iTunes pulled the same crap(was still open from the first time) and asked me if i wanted to erase & sync, which i dont.

D=

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down