Options

Video Game Podcasts?

UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Games and Technology
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good video game podcasts? I need something to listen to at work and they've blocked pandora.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
Uselesswarrior on

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll go ahead and suggest the Bombcast from Giantbomb.com. My current favorite video game podcast.

If it matters, I would use headphones if I was listening to it at work.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There's a huge thread here.

Gaming wise the only ones I tend to pay attention to right now are ListenUP and the CAGcast, but I'm still subscribed to Giant Bomb and GWJ. Geekbox and Rebel FM I found to suck horribly after the initial novelty.

A Life Well Wasted's debut episode was excellent but it's on a really long schedule. Like, two months between episodes.

There's also the PA DnD podcasts every Wednesday right now which are awesome. And the standard PA podcast they did.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    If it matters, I would use headphones if I was listening to it at work.

Oh yeah totally. I always use headphones at work.

Grr like all of these are blocked at work. Oh well.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Does your work block Google Reader? It makes a pretty good podcatcher. It even has an embededd flash player so you don't have to download anything.

corky842 on
  • Options
    SpruchySpruchy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Spruchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My top 5 is something like:
    Giant Bombcast
    Idle Thumbs
    ListenUP
    Player One Podcast
    Kombo Breaker

FreddyD on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For something lighter on the talk, Radio Trivia Podcast Edition at Nintendo World Report is pretty fun. They play 3 songs from 5 different Nintendo games and the goal is to guess which games they're from. There's a ton there to listen to if you download every past episode.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll second both bombcast and playerone with playerone being my all time favourite

atat23 on
  • Options
    Funguy McAidsFunguy McAids Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    RebelFM is good and if you like Ryan Scott the Geekbox podcast is even better.

I used to hate on Giantbomb, and thought they weren't funny and had lame topics, but now i like what they're doing as I guess they've gotten into their comfort zone and seem like honest, lazy, probably pot-smoking gamers.

Funguy McAids on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Everyone should listen to Idle Thumbs. One of the dudes works at Telltale, and they often have a guy from 2k Marin on, so it's a bit more interesting than your standard game journalists sitting around talking about games kind of podcast. Also lots of poop jokes.

Geekbox is pretty terrible if you don't care about Lost, Burn Notice, or BSG. I find it hard to even listen to when they go on about TV shows that basically suck anyway.

Drool on
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Idle Thumbs is awesome. It's one of the few gaming podcasts since GFW radio that I've been able to get into. And if you're not listening to it already, Retronauts is pretty great too.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If you're into obscurity, there's always HG101's.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png