As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VPN access on Macs and the best video embedding software

Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
Sup guys,

Any chance anyone could help me connect to a VPN on my Mac? I've downloaded the Cicso VPN software but it's spitting out an error 51 at me. I did the 'fix' in the terminal, but that didn't help.

Is there a simple tutorial out there to do this?

Also is there better video embedding software then Youtube? Is there a reason people use different ones?

Thanks

Bryse Eayo on

• Options
    TrentusTrentus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    With regards to your VPN problem, why not use the built in client? It in the Network preference pane. Just click the + button to add a connection to the list and select VPN.

Trentus on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yep, built in VPN works fine here. I can connect to my works VPN no problem.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Youtube is a service that uses Flash video. Flash video has the benefit of working on just about every single modern machine without any additional software (since the Flash plugin is so ubiquitous). Youtube is fine if you find their quality and generic player to be acceptable on your website. Otherwise, you can get a simple Flash video player and open source FLV encoder and host your own Flash video.

Or you could use something like Windows Media or Quicktime if you wanted. Both are about equally popular, considering the number of Mac users who can't play Windows Media and the number of Windows users without iTunes/Quicktime installed. Both offer much better playback performance for HD video if that's what you're going for. There's also the DivX plugin that Stage6 (RIP) used to use to incredible effect, but I don't know much about that in terms of cost or ubiquity anymore, since the only major site that used it has closed down.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg