[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

1112113114115117

Posts

  • adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My death knight got cheated out of heroic Mal'Ganis too, I also have the bronze drake and the achievement for clearing the dungeon. It's crap...

    adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Got my first Maly kill yesterday, was totaly rad and exciting. I just wanted the Champion of the Frozen Waste's Achievment! So Maly dies, and I go WTF? No achiev?

    -> Check achievment, I am missing HEROIC MAL'GANIS.

    As I fly around in my bronze drake with Greed in my bags and the Shield of Lordareon in my bank. I submitted a ticket last night at 7 server, I logged in this morning and I was still waiting for my ticket to be answered.

    I'm missing heroic Mal'ganis too.
    I'm pretty sure I've killed him.
    Repeatedly. As in, I just killed him 20 minutes ago.

    Rizzi on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User
    edited April 2009
    My ticket is at 15 minutes now, I will let you know what they say :P

    TheCrumblyCracker on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Weird, I don't have that either. I used to run the instance just about every day.

    The other CoS achievements that require a Mal'Ganis kill are fine, though.

    James on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really should do more of the champion's dailies but I just really don't care for them (or at least any of the ones that require you to use a lance). The AI in the joust is retarded; sometimes it just practically stands there and lets you wail away on it, other times it ignores the GCD and does Shield Breaker and Charge at the same time. So those are a pain.

    Then we have the "Lance (X) amounts of the Scourge" quests which would be fine if I weren't on a high-pop server, because the devs, in their infinite wisdom, made all of seven lieutenant and five commanders spawns total. I can't imagine why they went back to shit like that after the ridiculous spawn-grab-fest that was the Netherwing and Sunwell dailies.

    Oh well, I have my pet boy and my red leash for him so he doesn't escape. That's all I need.


    Mmm.

    /Herbert

    Halfmex on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I seem to remember seeing a blue post about a bug with heroic mal'ganis and achievements, but I think it was for completing the dungeon, I'll see if I can dig it up.

    Nobody on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited April 2009
    It's probably because you don't actually kill him and they accidentally disabled whatever special tag is in place for that encounter that makes it flip the "encounter complete" switch on your character.

    My guess, anyway.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »

    Oh well, I have my pet boy and my red leash for him so he doesn't escape. That's all I need.

    Such a thing exists?

    Kid Presentable on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited April 2009
    There's a leash, but it doesn't work on the squires. Neither do the other things from that store.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The red leash works on the Horde Squire (well, they're called Gruntlings, but same thing). No idea why they don't work on the Alliance kids. I'm sure it'll get hotfixed to prevent it from working on the Horde Gruntling since, by a blue's admission, that's 'not intended'.

    Halfmex on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen a wow map that has locations of quest givers marked on it? Not how to do quests, just quest givers. I'm sure someone's been working on something like that since Loremaster.

    I'm just annoyed that apparently it's beyond QuestHelper to tell you where to go get quests in the first place.

    Wowhead has that for all it's maps. Unless you were wanting something in-game.

    It shows individual quests, but I was hoping for something like this:
    60634399.jpg
    Showing horde/alliance/both, basically for seeing quest hubs you may have missed or individuals standing in the middle of nowhere.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh joy. I've gotten a game version unable to be verified message, after getting some kind of download this morning. Hoping that a repair fixes it, 'cause I sure as hell don't want to reinstall all that bullshit again.

    Cilla Black on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited April 2009
    One of the map filters on wowhead does that. Search for the zone then fiddle around with the map settings.

    It doesn't distinguish between factions but you can mouse over them and see who they are which is usually a giveaway ("Hmmm, kragthor Thunderaxe. Must be a horde questgiver.")

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    One of the map filters on wowhead does that. Search for the zone then fiddle around with the map settings.

    It doesn't distinguish between factions but you can mouse over them and see who they are which is usually a giveaway ("Hmmm, kragthor Thunderaxe. Must be a horde questgiver.")

    Oh nice, I'll look for that.

    EDIT: Awesome, thanks. Wish it was more obvious, you do have to go to the zone's page, rather than maps.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think Carbonite does that in game.

    Wassermelone on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »
    Weird, I don't have that either. I used to run the instance just about every day.

    The other CoS achievements that require a Mal'Ganis kill are fine, though.

    Yeah, I asked the GM after he fixed it and he said the only work around was to petition a GM and ask them to fix it.

    TheCrumblyCracker on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think Carbonite does that in game.

    It does. I believe you can turn off the stuff you dont want in carbonite too so thats not an issue.

    TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    The red leash works on the Horde Squire (well, they're called Gruntlings, but same thing). No idea why they don't work on the Alliance kids. I'm sure it'll get hotfixed to prevent it from working on the Horde Gruntling since, by a blue's admission, that's 'not intended'.

    Wish there were racial squires instead of just faction squires.

    Undead kids might be a little creepy though. :P

    Also, no girl squires? Way to go with the blatant sexism, Blizzard!
    Also :P
    It'd be easy enough to implement. Just offer Argent Squire/Page and Argent Gruntling/Hordeling, with the flavor text "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" on each respective item.

    delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, repair tool does nothing.

    Really don't feel like reinstalling and patching 6 gigs worth of shit. I guess this is as good an excuse as any to take a few days off.

    Cilla Black on
  • AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, repair tool does nothing.

    Really don't feel like reinstalling and patching 6 gigs worth of shit. I guess this is as good an excuse as any to take a few days off.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/16474241755-unable-to-validate-game-version.html

    EDIT: It's a WoW side problem, not you. Supposedly fixed now.

    Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is that what my Launcher is downloading?

    captaink on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I think Carbonite does that in game.

    It does. I believe you can turn off the stuff you dont want in carbonite too so thats not an issue.

    I like certain stuff in carbonite... and I like that you can turn most of it off.


    What I can't figure out is how to turn off their damn quest window update.

    Wassermelone on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Asuma wrote: »
    Yeah, repair tool does nothing.

    Really don't feel like reinstalling and patching 6 gigs worth of shit. I guess this is as good an excuse as any to take a few days off.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/16474241755-unable-to-validate-game-version.html

    EDIT: It's a WoW side problem, not you. Supposedly fixed now.
    Yeah that did it. I was kinda looking forward to a break too, haha. Back to ulduar progression grinding. Maybe I'll go for a break next week.

    Cilla Black on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of dual spec purchasing by class.

    Actually, couldn't an armory crawler do this easily by looking for the achievement?

    captaink on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They really kind of shafted Mages in Ulduar. They get all the shitty jobs. Scrapbot duty, Shatter duty, add duty galore, I feel for them.

    Javen on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of dual spec purchasing by class.

    Actually, couldn't an armory crawler do this easily by looking for the achievement?

    Tanks and healers would definitely jump on it quicker than anyone else, but it's something all classes can use if they either PvP and raid [rarely is a PvE spec the best you can have for the PvPz] or just if their raid spec isn't the one they'd rather use for farming or doing dailies.

    Hamurabi on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    They really kind of shafted Mages in Ulduar. They get all the shitty jobs. Scrapbot duty, Shatter duty, add duty galore, I feel for them.

    I dunno, once I matured a bit and got out of my noobish "OMG BOSS > EVERYTHING" mindset I find that I enjoy working on adds more than I enjoy working on the boss. 9 times out of 10 you have to run around and be active doing different things on adds, whereas if you're on the boss you just park your butt and faceroll the DPS button.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • OkoOko Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of dual spec purchasing by class.

    Actually, couldn't an armory crawler do this easily by looking for the achievement?

    Tanks and healers would definitely jump on it quicker than anyone else, but it's something all classes can use if they either PvP and raid [rarely is a PvE spec the best you can have for the PvPz] or just if their raid spec isn't the one they'd rather use for farming or doing dailies.

    Quite honestly they should give hybrids a PvP spec slot.

    Oko on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    They really kind of shafted Mages in Ulduar. They get all the shitty jobs. Scrapbot duty, Shatter duty, add duty galore, I feel for them.

    I dunno, once I matured a bit and got out of my noobish "OMG BOSS > EVERYTHING" mindset I find that I enjoy working on adds more than I enjoy working on the boss. 9 times out of 10 you have to run around and be active doing different things on adds, whereas if you're on the boss you just park your butt and faceroll the DPS button.

    But if you don't do at least 6k DPS, how will people know you're good at raiding?

    Hamurabi on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    They really kind of shafted Mages in Ulduar. They get all the shitty jobs. Scrapbot duty, Shatter duty, add duty galore, I feel for them.

    I dunno, once I matured a bit and got out of my noobish "OMG BOSS > EVERYTHING" mindset I find that I enjoy working on adds more than I enjoy working on the boss. 9 times out of 10 you have to run around and be active doing different things on adds, whereas if you're on the boss you just park your butt and faceroll the DPS button.

    But if you don't do at least 6k DPS, how will people know you're good at raiding?

    DO AN ARMORY CHECK!

    xzzy on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    They really kind of shafted Mages in Ulduar. They get all the shitty jobs. Scrapbot duty, Shatter duty, add duty galore, I feel for them.

    I dunno, once I matured a bit and got out of my noobish "OMG BOSS > EVERYTHING" mindset I find that I enjoy working on adds more than I enjoy working on the boss. 9 times out of 10 you have to run around and be active doing different things on adds, whereas if you're on the boss you just park your butt and faceroll the DPS button.

    But if you don't do at least 6k DPS, how will people know you're good at raiding?

    I have five reasons why people won't argue.
    fist.jpg

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Only four of those reasons are going to make a difference. Probably only two or three.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What if he raises the fifth reason in the air while he makes his rebuttal? You know, like when you drink tea.

    To make his argument classier.

    Hamurabi on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of dual spec purchasing by class.

    Actually, couldn't an armory crawler do this easily by looking for the achievement?

    Tanks and healers would definitely jump on it quicker than anyone else, but it's something all classes can use if they either PvP and raid [rarely is a PvE spec the best you can have for the PvPz] or just if their raid spec isn't the one they'd rather use for farming or doing dailies.

    Yeah.

    It would be even cooler if it could say what the breakdown of specs was, but that's really too complicated to make sense of.

    captaink on
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm disappointed by dual specs.

    I thought it would solve the shortage of healers/tanks problem on blackwing lair but alas it has not.

    Dman on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's funny. Even though there are dual specs, 90% of LFG is usually filled with sword icons.

    lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Because the people who were too lazy to farm as a non-DPS spec before are still lazy now, they're just too lazy to have enough money all at once to pay for dual-spec.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lots of people got dual specs for a pvp build to go with a normal raid/group build. I do not believe this is working as intended 100%. Maybe offer Tri spec in a hot fix for 1500g or something would have people heal or tank.

    TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User
    edited April 2009
    My second spec is another tanking spec. WOOPS

    TheCrumblyCracker on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My second spec is another tanking spec. WOOPS

    Curse you for contributing to the tank shor- wait....

    reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.