As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SCUMM

John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone know where I can get the SCUMM emulator and the SCUMM based games? A buddy of mine gave it to me in college but I misplaced it over the years. It had Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, the lot. As far as I know it was legal to have (I hope it is). I'm currently running DOSBOX but I remember the SCUMM emulator or whatever it was worked much better.

Anyone help me out?

John Matrix on

• ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ahh yes, but it looks like you can only get a few games from there, I'm assuming all the rest (Monkey Island, Sam & Max, etc.) are not abandonware. I remember Beneath a Steel Sky was ridiculously difficult.

I'd ask if anyone knows any links to the games, but that's illegal. D:

John Matrix on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think you'll have to try and find legit copies of the games on your own.

You can try goozex.com (link in my sig). I've heard of at least one person on the forums managing to score Monkey Island off there. The catch is that it's a bit of a wait, and you'll have to trade out games you don't want to get the points for the other games.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen are both free and legal to get straight off the net. You have to purchase the others.

theSquid on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ahh yes, but it looks like you can only get a few games from there, I'm assuming all the rest (Monkey Island, Sam & Max, etc.) are not abandonware. I remember Beneath a Steel Sky was ridiculously difficult.

I'd ask if anyone knows any links to the games, but that's illegal. D:

Beneath A Steel Sky - GOG

Its free too :)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png