As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Proactiv. Anyone used it before?

2»

• Options
    SludgeFactorySludgeFactory Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Khaczor wrote: »
    I used Proactiv during my teen years and it was like night and day. I mean that literally, I had all these little bumps on my forehead that were pimples in training and I went to sleep with the stuff on my face, the next morning, they were completely gone.

You don't really have a ton of acne tho, but as I remember it, the most useful part of the kit was the 4th step stuff, this cream you didn't wash off and was kind of a spot treatment. This may be all you need, but I'm not sure you can buy them separate.

Not to get too off topic here, but why do people say not to pop your zits? I did this all the time when I was a kid (before Proactiv) and my face isn't covered in scars and hideously deformed. What gives?

I've heard this too. I don't know for sure, but what I've been told is many times you end up pushing the puss further into your skin and then more pimples can come from it along with the scarring you already mentioned. Having said that I still pop many of mine because for some reason I find it enjoyable.

Enjoy your scarred face because it does cause scarring.

The simple reason for not popping pimples lies in the cause of pimples: irritated, clogged, infected pores.

Your hands are positively filthy fucking devices. Jamming your disgusting digits into your face in order to push the bacteria from a pimple is going to likely do a number of things:

- It could push the bacteria deeper down, which can result in a more serious pimple, dark spots (kinda like bruises that last for months) and even scarring.
    - It introduces even more bacteria into the skin
    - It creates a huge bloody scab on your face that looks much, much worse than the pimple.

Now, sometimes you can't really avoid it. Walking around with a huge whitehead on your face is no fun for anyone, and sometimes you just want to get that taken care of. Never sit there and just squeeze and squeeze.

If you do pop a pimple, wash the area immediately afterwards--even with some rubbing alcohol if possible. DO NOT TOUCH the area afterwards.

If in doubt, just leave it alone though.

I think your advice is good advice and I should clarify that I don't pop every single pimple that I see, I just get the ones that either A.) hurt extremely bad and I need the pressure to be relieved, or B.) look worse than they would if they were popped.

SludgeFactory on