As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii] FF:CC:Crystal Bearers (02/04 Update)

13»

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ampix wrote: »
    What are you seeing in the Hot Pursuit video that shows it won't be "free"? I must be missing something.

Well the high mountains for one show that there will be some division between areas, but like I said, it looks basically free.

I see what you mean, but to me, it's hard to tell if they're there as a barrier or if it's just part of the world. SotC has plenty of huge mountains and things blocking your path, but there aren't any loading points and it definitely feels natural.

I just hate it when moving between areas feels the same as walking through a door into a different room. Regardless of load points or barrier-mountains.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What are you seeing in the Hot Pursuit video that shows it won't be "free"? I must be missing something.

Well the high mountains for one show that there will be some division between areas, but like I said, it looks basically free.

I see what you mean, but to me, it's hard to tell if they're there as a barrier or if it's just part of the world. SotC has plenty of huge mountains and things blocking your path, but there aren't any loading points and it definitely feels natural.

I just hate it when moving between areas feels the same as walking through a door into a different room. Regardless of load points or barrier-mountains.

Yeah, I had this weird image of SotC in my head, haven't played it in too long. Regardless, there's very little we can say about it yet, we just don't know enough (and the game isn't even that finished yet, so a lot could change). Let's just hope for the best :D

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Clearly the Yukes didn't stack enough meteors or ultimagas on the Lilties.

Thats what they get for being stupid.

Lux782 on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am really loving the equipment system over the level-up system.
    This game combines my love of superheroes and fantasy... I need it.

It'll probably come out in 2010. D:

Tairu on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This continues to look more and more surprising for a Square game.
    Right now it's sounding more like Steambot Chronicles than anything else.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So some pictures from Famitsu:
    5anqjd.jpg

15g47kw.jpg

16a4oxd.jpg

2aikirl.jpg

So it shows off the hub, his crazy gravity magic and some pretty good looking scenery.

Also swimming.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Guek on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This Winter

woah

Renzo on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Graphiclly iffy (yeah, the Wii's certainly got much worse, but it's also got better), but gameplay looks fun enough.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    that trailer actually quelled some of my enthusiasm. i guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow. the game is going to be playable on the show floor, after all.

Guek on
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    seems like a solid game to me. i see no reason not to look forward to it.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    fucking awesome as a 1p game, but sad that it's not a 4p game

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »

im glad that this time i dont need four Wiis and eight DSs to play this as it was intended ;P

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    carmofin wrote: »

im glad that this time i dont need four Wiis and eight DSs to play this as it was intended ;P

People rail on that a lot, and I agree, it was a totally retarded way to play.

It's just that... It was so much fun!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

no excuse. secret of mana was fun too. when someone thinks of secret of mana multiplayer, does anyone think "maaaan it was sooo annoying when another player opened their menu!"? anyone?

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

no excuse. secret of mana was fun too. when someone thinks of secret of mana multiplayer, does anyone think "maaaan it was sooo annoying when another player opened their menu!"? anyone?

Yes, actually, it was annoying. It was that aspect which killed my first Secret of Mana multiplayer game, and every attempt at Secret of Mana multiplayer since my friends tried Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and other multiplayer Action RPGs played in a similar manner. Its frequent interruption of the flow of gameplay to execute simple commands was a definitive fun killer.

That being said, the way other multiplayer ARPGs handled a menu that aren't Secret of Mana should have shown Squeenix that the use of additional screens was unnecessary.

naengwen on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Whoa, whoa. I haven't really heard much about this title, mostly due to laziness, but it doesn't seem that you can play as a Yuke and they pretty much killed them off. Boo.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    New Trailer from TGS posted on the official website (go to Multimedia): http://www.crystalbearers.jp/

Or Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Ym03T-K94

Looks awesome, though I'm still not 100% sure what is going on... and I have mixed feelings about the US release date being December 26th. On the one hand, it means it probably won't get good sales. On the other, it means I'll probably be picking it up after it drops in price, and I definitely won't mind saving money!

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As far as I can tell, a European release date hasn't even been set yet. I hope it won't take too long to come out over here.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It looks awesome though. Zelda style gameplay only with the manipulation of telekinesis is just awesome to say. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm still not exactly sure what kind of game it is—action-RPG, but Zelda like or GTA like or what?—but I'm really intrigued, if only because it's the first RPG in ages that doesn't brood on Serious Business. The end part of that trailer actually made me chuckle, plus the obvious DOAX Volleyball reference. :)

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    carefull, so far we dont even know if there will be something like an open world to explore. Everything playable so far has been extremly linear and constrained.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    According to an interview for Nintendo Power, Square said it will have all the trappings of a Final Fantasy game, along with an open world to explore, as well as deep story, and many many hours of gameplay.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    According to an interview for Nintendo Power, Square said it will have all the trappings of a Final Fantasy game, along with an open world to explore, as well as deep story, and many many hours of gameplay.

sure hope so, but from what we've actually seen so far this game is more of a railshooter then a final fantasy game. i really hope its not going to be something crappy like dragon quest swords.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think we've seen enough and read enough to know it is neither a rail shooter nor Dragon Quest Swords.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nope, it's a full fledged Final Fantasy adventure, only it's an action/RPG rather than your traditional RPG like their other FF games.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, a European release date hasn't even been set yet. I hope it won't take too long to come out over here.

Definitely Winter, so Feb latest I think.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Man this is Europe. There's no guarantees here.

[tiny]I am so bitter[/tiny]

Really though, how can this game have a serious "Final Fantasy" story while everything we've seen of it so far looks looks totally goofy?

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

sure hope so, but from what we've actually seen so far this game is more of a railshooter then a final fantasy game. i really hope its not going to be something crappy like dragon quest swords.

I really don't get how you think the game is a railshooter from the trailers seen so far.

I'd agree that we haven't seen anything too deep so far in terms of combat mechanics, but railshooter?
    Man, the things people will say to get attention.

Really though, how can this game have a serious "Final Fantasy" story while everything we've seen of it so far looks looks totally goofy?

Methinks the actual storyline outside Layle is pretty standard JRPG cliche drama, but I'm guessing Layle doesn't abide by that.
    I'm guessing "The Bard's Tale" style jokes and 4th wall references from Layle.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Man this is Europe. There's no guarantees here.

[tiny]I am so bitter[/tiny]

Do you really WANT it to?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png