As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chegg.com

ElinElin Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Have any of you used Chegg? I've read the reviews and they are pretty evenly mixed between GREAT and HORRID with nothing in between. I'm taking summer semester and I have to pay out of pocket for tuition and buying the books even used is 200$ and renting from Chegg would only be 100$. My wallet reeealy wants that 100$ option. So ... anyone have first hand knowledge of them?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
PSN Hypacia
Xbox HypaciaMinnow
Discord Hypacia#0391
Elin on

• pinenut_canarypinenut_canary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've never heard of Chegg, but my friends and I use half.com and amazon as our main source for text books.

[Edit]

Okay, sorry, I just went to Chegg and I found out that it's for renting books instead of buying, and half.com and amazon are of course for buying text books. I did a blanket search for various books, and for most of them, you can buy the books for cheaper off of half.com instead of renting them from Chegg. I think if you run searches on both Half and Chegg, and then choose the cheaper out of Chegg, Half, and Amazon, then that would be best.

pinenut_canary on
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've had two classmates use it regularly, and they like it. That's pretty spendy, though. I personally buy used on Amazon and then sell it back again. The worst that's happened is I only get half my money back. Typically I get 75% or more back. So if I buy a book for $150, I sell it for like $140, and with fees/shipping I end up with about $115, so it cost $45 to "rent" it from Amazon.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast