As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Leg spasms

Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Ive had this for ages, easily a good few years so im not of any mind that its anything significant enough to see a doctor about, having said this an explanation would be nice. My leg spasms, more frequently when im prone but it has be known to happen while im moving around. The spasm is of course involuntary and occurs in certain situations usually, though i cant find any real pattern to them other than i am usually lieing or sitting still.

The most frequent occurance is when i am in bed, my foot will just begin to shake, perhaps im used to it but i seldom notice till i look over and see its shaking. This wont usually last for hours or anything but it does go on for a few minutes then stops, like i said i dont notice it too much as im just used to it. I can actively stop it shaking by concentrating but it starts up again once i go back to whatever im doing. Other usual times are when im sitting down for a prolonged period, but i just put this down to pressure on the leg causing a small release over time because ive been sitting for a while.

Other than this there is no real pattern, it just happens as it does

I should state the shakes are not violent in any way and not lashes, they are not slow necessarily but not enough to cause me much concern

Any expanations going?

League of Legends - Enzo III
Zombie Monkey on

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There is a tiny, tiny goblin in your brain. When he gets bored he takes a drill to whatever part controls your leg.

Seriously though, don't you have regular physicals? It may not be something to schedule a special visit over, but it's something to bring up.

admanb on
  • Options
    Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Uk my lad we go to the docs when something specific is up, the duration ive had it sort of precludes any huge issues, at least in my mind, its not gotten worse at all so ive just thought its nothing to be concerned about.

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Could be a type of Restless Leg Syndrome, which can indicate other things, such as Iron deficiency. I started taking multivitamins with iron in them and I stopped having my problem. Could be a placebo affect for me or something else could be causing it for you. There are medications for it too if it bothers you that much.

YodaTuna on